What's new

Game Thread Nov 19, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 11-19-23

The NBA needs to award a 1st round draft pick to the team who gets the most **** calls/no-calls that go against them over the course of a season. The second place team gets a 2nd round pick.

Looked like a great defensive play to me, was probably the right call. Don't think landing space matters when it's a loose ball, and the instant Durant blocked the shot it is a loose ball. Just like the contact on the arm doesn't matter after the block neither does the landing zone. Anyways, I hate talking about refs. Could not care less about talking more about it.

Most disappointing thing about the call is that distracts from another poor performance. This team is a mess, no idea what they're doing on defensive coverages. There are some individual moments of brilliance, but this is not a good team. Lot of brutal mistakes down the stretch.

I mean I have watched enough Jazz games to know that we NEVER get that benefit, especially against the likes of Booker and Durrant. You aren't allowed to have contact with the body when you "touch the ball." Nor are you allowed to have your hand on the shooter or land in their space. If this was the actual rule, Kessler and Gobert would be two of the most important players in the entire NBA.

Is there a single person who believes that call is reversed if it was Lauri fouling KD?

Looked like a great defensive play to me, was probably the right call. Don't think landing space matters when it's a loose ball, and the instant Durant blocked the shot it is a loose ball. Just like the contact on the arm doesn't matter after the block neither does the landing zone. Anyways, I hate talking about refs. Could not care less about talking more about it.

Most disappointing thing about the call is that distracts from another poor performance. This team is a mess, no idea what they're doing on defensive coverages. There are some individual moments of brilliance, but this is not a good team. Lot of brutal mistakes down the stretch.

The contact on the arm matters 99% of the other times it happens though. Block or not.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

With how poorly we shot the 3 this game I am surprised it was this close. We are definitely improving as a team. We still need to take another step forward and start winning but this is a healthy Suns team that is considered one of the top teams this year.

This was probably Keyontes worst games as a starter but he at least got 11 assists. He also got mauled this game over and over and didnt get very many calls.

*mostly healthy suns team. (Beal is out)

In the postgame Hardy indicated that he kept Keyonte in the game in OT because of developmental reasons. He wanted him to get that experience. Wasnt necessarily a "coaching to win now" choice, but "coaching to win the future" instead.

Wish he would have done that kinda **** last year

I don't mind the fact that the call was overturned because we are better off losing but that call was crazy. I've seen a ton of blatant bad calls that weren't overturned so the fact that they overturned such a close call is crazy. The refs 100% had their marching orders and they made it happen.

With how poorly we shot the 3 this game I am surprised it was this close. We are definitely improving as a team. We still need to take another step forward and start winning but this is a healthy Suns team that is considered one of the top teams this year.

This was probably Keyontes worst games as a starter but he at least got 11 assists. He also got mauled this game over and over and didnt get very many calls.

Yeah at least we know when his shots not dropping he will get others involved and help the team in other ways

Key has seemed quite hesitant and not very confident this year so I think hardy was trying to show some trust in him to help build that confidence just a tough loss with a lot of tough breaks but I don’t hate that decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish he would have done that kinda **** last year

What do you mean? He absolutely did. Enabled Lauri and pushed for him to be the #1 (remember how Clarkson and Beasley both had more FGA early in the season last year?). Gave Sexton and THT the keys to see what we got with them. Gave Walker the start over KO later in the year. Showed confidence in Ochai and gave him minutes despite Ochai not showing that much back.

We just didn't have a guy like George coming up. But Hardy has been coaching for the future all of his tenure. We just need more pieces and time.

Yeah at least we know when his shots not dropping he will get others involved and help the team in other ways

Key has seemed quite hesitant and not very confident this year so I think hardy was trying to show some trust in him to help build that confidence just a tough loss with a lot of tough breaks but I don’t hate that decision

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Hardy is just going with lineups. Plus I think Utah has committed to developing Keyonte as a starter, so that includes finishing too

It's tough to put THT in for the final 5 minutes. The defense is going to sag off him and any play you run is probably going to end up in a THT open 3. He's gotten better, but I don't think Hardy is fully confident in him yet. He has gotten more efficient off the bench.

Maybe one day THT gets good enough offensively to close. It would be nice because his length is perfect for a lot of what Hardy wants to do with aggressive help defense

What do you mean? He absolutely did. Enabled Lauri and pushed for him to be the #1 (remember how Clarkson and Beasley both had more FGA early in the season last year?). Gave Sexton and THT the keys to see what we got with them. Gave Walker the start over KO later in the year. Showed confidence in Ochai and gave him minutes despite Ochai not showing that much back.

We just didn't have a guy like George coming up. But Hardy has been coaching for the future all of his tenure. We just need more pieces and time.

I mean play kessler and ochai earlier and more often.
Dont coach to win each game. Coach for development. (I saw him coaching to win each game last season)
Conley and other dudes got traded so hardy had to play some dudes he wasnt playing. Sexton, clarkson got injured and sat out. Kessler was the better option for winning games by the time kessler got big minutes.

In the postgame Hardy indicated that he kept Keyonte in the game in OT because of developmental reasons. He wanted him to get that experience. Wasnt necessarily a "coaching to win now" choice, but "coaching to win the future" instead.
Since that seems to be the case they need to start giving those Fontecchio minutes to Hendricks (or Sensabaugh).

The worst review call I've ever seen in my life. Lauri's wrist was hit, he was bodied, and Durant landed in his space. Turns me off from watching the NBA tbh.

I mean play kessler and ochai earlier and more often.
Dont coach to win each game. Coach for development. (I saw him coaching to win each game last season)
Conley and other dudes got traded so hardy had to play some dudes he wasnt playing. Sexton, clarkson got injured and sat out. Kessler was the better option for winning games by the time kessler got big minutes.

Oh yeah I didnt get that was your point. Fair.

I dont necessarily think "more minutes the earlier" is the best strategy for every player. Some come in more ready than others. Keyonte is special in how well he has adapted to NBA speed. Ochai getting those minutes early last year might have just hurt his confidence as he likely would have been embarassed on defense. He needed the gym reps first.

Since that seems to be the case they need to start giving those Fontecchio minutes to Hendricks (or Sensabaugh).
If they get embarassed out there how is that gonna help their progress? Bring them in when they have a fair chance to be decently successful.

Also Fontecchio has played his best NBA ball this season. There is a chance he turns into a rotation piece or someone who is a positive asset in a trade.

If they get embarassed out there how is that gonna help their progress? Bring them in when they have a fair chance to be decently successful.

Also Fontecchio has played his best NBA ball this season. There is a chance he turns into a rotation piece or someone who is a positive asset in a trade.
G League is totally fine for them for 10-15 games. Reassess based on results after that.

This coming draft is a pile of meh… best case is we get a top 4 pick but second best case imo is we send the pick back to OKC and are done with that obligation. Only reason to be playing the young guys right now is to tank. The prize at the end of the tank this year is like the jelly of the month club membership and we are all expecting a big bonus to build a pool in the backyard. TH and Sensabaugh can get experience in the g league and move up for more experience later in the year if things don’t turn around.

G League is totally fine for them for 10-15 games. Reassess based on results after that.

This coming draft is a pile of meh… best case is we get a top 4 pick but second best case imo is we send the pick back to OKC and are done with that obligation. Only reason to be playing the young guys right now is to tank. The prize at the end of the tank this year is like the jelly of the month club membership and we are all expecting a big bonus to build a pool in the backyard. TH and Sensabaugh can get experience in the g league and move up for more experience later in the year if things don’t turn around.
Stop with your upcoming draft nonsense. This draft has a bunch of really good prospects that would fill a need for us.

Last edited:

They are much better off playing in nba games where they can focus on playing smaller roles and gradually expand from those roles. The gleague is simply bad basketball where bad habits are formed. It has its benefits for keeping guys in shape but actual nba minutes are far more valuable unless we are talking strictly about garbage time minutes which are worthless. At this point though I think with Hardy at the helm we are talking about garbage time minutes. We probably need another month of losing before the front office would force his hand like they did last year with Ochai.