What's new

Game Thread Nov 21, 2023 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Lakers (Tournament)

Added to Calendar: 11-21-23

Looks like no player out there gives a damn that we're getting beat so bad. Even Hardy doesn't seem to give a ****.
The seat should be heating up honestly. I get that the roster needs a huge face lift. But I’m not sure what Hardy is doing to show that he’s the guy to move this franchise forward. I’m not seeing any player development. And the lack of a coherent offensive and defensive scheme is concerning. At least in the past, we could see an offense. It might not score because the players sucked but at least we had a system. I don’t see it now. We go one on one a lot and our defense is nonexistent

There's not much to take out of this game really.

Without any rim protection we were always gonna struggle mightily against a team like the Lakers. Add in the bad shooting and there's just no contest.

Teams evaluate for the first 25 games....Got to be a little patient, most players aren't tradable until December.

What are we even accomplishing here? We’re getting blown out while playing a bunch of veterans that probably won’t be around in the next few years. Is this increasing the value of Sexton/THT so we can trade them? If no, then why aren’t we playing the rookies? We’re already getting blown out and look like a terrible team.

I’m not sure what this franchise is accomplishing this year. We aren’t developing anyone and we not competing.
I'm not here to defend anybody. This is an awful performance. The defense is putrid especially under the basket. They aren't challenging any shots at all.

With that said both THT and Sexton are -4 so far tonight. John Collins is -33. Alot of empty calories with Collins.

There's not much to take out of this game really.

Without any rim protection we were always gonna struggle mightily against a team like the Lakers. Add in the bad shooting and there's just no contest.
Do we even run an offense? For me the bad shooting isn’t as much of a concern as the lack of a scheme. How many times does the guy who receives the inbounded ball end up driving and turning it over/shooting a bad shot? Do we even run an offense anymore? What happened to trying to pass the ball a few times to get an open shot?

I'm not here to defend anybody. This is an awful performance. The defense is putrid especially under the basket. They aren't challenging any shots at all.

With that said both THT and Sexton are -4 so far tonight. John Collins is -33. Alot of empty calories with Collins.

Yeah, I’m probably the biggest Collins fan on here and he’s been less than stellar tonight. THT and Sexton both have played relatively well compared to everyone else.

Collins is -33 because he is mirroring AD's minutes and has absolutely zero chance of guarding him effectively.

First, the jazz are winning by losing. This is nice. Second, I’m confused as to WTH Hardy is trying to accomplish with this defensive scheme unless this is his way of helping the tank.

All we need now is a nice 1-14, 0-15 stretch and that should cement us as the worst team. Every loss is critical

We are 4-10 to start the season this year. If we did that last year instead of starting 10-4 we would have ended up with the 5th worst record. That’s where we are headed.

Teams are getting wide open 3’s from the top of the key on one simple pass. It’s like the jazz are living in the 90’s. It’s a weird defense, but I can appreciate that as we need losses.

as the season progresses it seems more likely LM does not resign an extension so should we trade him and cash in our chips ?

Should have been playing Yurt7 all along. It's ridiculous to think we don't need a center in many, if not most, games.