What's new

Game Thread Nov 25, 2023 07:30PM MT: Jazz vs. Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 11-25-23

I'm being quite the conspiracy theorist tonight. Maybe the world IS flat.
It’s ok to think outside the box every once in awhile JG, even if you do live in Happy Valley. Just yankin your chain, I know your law enforcement and all and prolly a heck of a detective! Nothing but respect.

I was like wtf when I saw the starting lineup. Didnt know about the "injuries" beforehand.

However it definitely made our offense far more watchable. Dyson Daniels PoA defense and bad shooting were the main reasons we sputtered in the first half but the quality of offense was so much better. Who would have though that removing one of the three dribble happy guards would actually improve the offensive flow? ---> Almost everyone on this board.

And the defense was miles better with Omer and Kessler playing 5 over Collins/KO. Dunn also provided a perimeter nuisance which our starting lineup was definitely missing. We didn't really pay respect to Hawkins shooting and gave him too many open shots early but once we identified him as a hot hand and didnt lose track of him he became a complete non factor.

So I guess we can assume that Clarkson wasn't going to start, got pissed off hearing about it and was sent home?
Unlikely. He’s a chill dude and very likable person on and off the court. One of the locker room guys with no ego. Keep in mind we started tht/sexton before.

Nice to finally see Fonteccio turn into a solid role player. His three point shot is falling, his defense and rotations are quickly improving, and he hustles a lot. The last 5 games or so I have liked him.

I also liked Yurtsevens game again. He plays decent defense, hustles, and stretches the floor. He needs more minutes.

Keyonte couldn’t finish on his drives, but several of those were good drives where he just missed a fairly straightforward layup. Not too worried about those, he’ll start getting them at some point. He also played some pretty decent one on one defense at times. A little careless with the ball in the first half at times, but some excellent passes too. It’s still a bit all or nothing in that area at times.

Also Keyonte got called for that bull**** foul on Zeller and came back to hit the dagger 3 with about 1:30 to play and ices it with a couple free throws.

Yurt7 was good too. Very usefull player.

What a bad loss this was!! Idiot jazz!!! WTF are they doing losing this game without Lauri and JC.

And on another note, why did we trade for a guy making 25 million a year who was our 4th leading scorer last night on a night Lauri and JC sat. Waste of money.

What a bad loss this was!! Idiot jazz!!! WTF are they doing losing this game without Lauri and JC.

And on another note, why did we trade for a guy making 25 million a year who was our 4th leading scorer last night on a night Lauri and JC sat. Waste of money.

He was our leading scorer until Hardy benched him the entire 4th.

That was a lot of fun. So nice to have Kessler back. He looked really good.
That was probably the best I have ever seen from sexton in regards to ball movement and taking good shots. Didn't force much at all. When he was super cold early on at least he was taking open threes. Rarely drove with his down into traffic. Moved the ball great.
Keyonte looked like a star for bits of the game again. His future looks bright.
The Yurt7 block was the play of the game.
I fell off the ochai bandwagon early this season but am firmly back on. Give him hella minutes please.
Dunn played pretty good.
It was nice to not have to watch clarkson.
Winning is way more fun that losing. The last couple of games I barely even watched. Last night I was on my feet in my living room clapping and cheering and jumping around for almost the entire 4th quarter. It was a blast!

Hawkins is going to be really good. I think a lot of teams overthought him.
He was one of my favorites going to into the draft. Having said that, I was hoping to get him at 16. I think my favorites were Cam, Taylor, Cason, and Jordan in that order. My top 2 aint doing **** and the last two are both playing great. Draft is often a crapshoot but elite shooters like Hawkins should probably be looked at harder.
On the other hand Grady Dick was supposed to be an elite shooter and he is probably the worst player from the draft this season lol. (27% from the field and 24% from three. Yikes!)

Say what you will about Ochai but his defense is a big reason why we went on a run to start the 2nd.
He is quietly (or loudly since its been brought up a fair bit) becoming what we all hope he will be. A lockdown defender and 3 ball shooter. His defense is already great, just need his shot to really come around. Actually I just googled. 37.2% from three aint bad.
Hopefully hardy continues to give him big time minutes. He is also really good at keeping the ball moving and making quick decisions. Even getting a little better off the dribble (like his and one 3 point play last night)

Pretty crazy to only give up 53 points with that many turnovers.
Defense was really good last night. Great effort from everyone. Jazz need to find a trade partner for clarkson when he is elligible to be traded.

Should we be sad that we were supposed to tank last year and didn't, and to win this year but aren't?
Yes of course.

It’s this magical thing called defense. We should try playing it more often.
I think he was saying we should be trying to lose for the tank.

Great 4th quarter comeback. Maybe Kessler being hurt all season has been kryptonite. I thought we would lose by 30 at half.
Jazz definitely missed kessler. Jazz fans forget how good he was last season. He struggled this season but apparently he got hurt in game 1 and tried to play through it. That could explain his struggles. Probably shouldn't have been playing.

Also , theoretically, I should want us to aquire Ingram and that he is pretty damn good, it just seems like he just falls flat a lot when it counts. I can't really put my finger on the issue there.
Ya he is a tough one to figure out. I have a hard time gauging how good he is and what type of contract he is worth. Physically and skillset wise he seems like a star player but he just seems to be on a lower level to me.