What's new

Game Thread Nov 30, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Wolves

Added to Calendar: 11-30-23

What is this stat exactly? Is anyone really trying to say Walker is a better rim protector than Rudy? Does rim protecting include scaring off people from getting to the rim? It should. Dudes don't even challenge Rudy out of fear.
No one is saying kessler is better than gobert. Its ok, take a deep breath. Just saying that statistically Kessler is really good at defending shots attempted at the rim. This is a good thing for jazz fans. Smile when reading it. Let the joy in.

I'm glad to welcome you to "what's the point" island... the mood here is one of indifference and occasional frustration and disbelief.

I honestly feel like the last 3 seasons have been wasted. They let the Don-Rudy Jazz die without even trying to rearrange the chairs around, they punted last season mid way, and now we're an awful team who isn't even playing the young guys. I guess we got a lot of picks and stuff to show for it, but I don't see the plan of action.

We're waiting on a chance to find positive value moves...I get it. But we should always have that mindset no matter what the state of the team and burning seasons doing nothing is not a zero cost!

Exactly this. We’re wasting a season by not taking advantage of this opportunity to give our rookies playing time. That coaching seat should be heating up.

That Gobert trade was such a lopsided trade… For the Twolves.

What did we get again for that trade? Sensabaugh and a few more crappy late first round picks? Suddenly that trade doesn’t look so bad for them

Nope sensabaugh was not from the Gilbert trade so far we’ve got Kessler and keyonte and Rudy will be 33 and 35 the next time we get there picks this is just not a very good post but your opinion is your opinion and I will let you have it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I honestly feel like the last 3 seasons have been wasted. They let the Don-Rudy Jazz die without even trying to rearrange the chairs around, they punted last season mid way, and now we're an awful team who isn't even playing the young guys. I guess we got a lot of picks and stuff to show for it, but I don't see the plan of action.

We're waiting on a chance to find positive value moves...I get it. But we should always have that mindset no matter what the state of the team and burning seasons doing nothing is not a zero cost!

It would have be virtually impossible to re arrange the chairs to the point that we became a contender. Unfortunately Lindsey screwed up so bad with the MLE and draft pick use the last few years that is slammed the window shut. Top that off with Quin regressing as a coach and we were ****ed. As far as the plan going forward goes it is a little bit of a cluster right now with some of the moves that have been made and Hardy's rotations. Hopefully a bad December slams the door on any thoughts of competing for the play in this year and we go full youth movement while moving guys like Clarkson and Olynyk. Unfortunately the Clarkson renegotiate and end looked like the smart thing at the time with the lower back end years but the higher salary for this year makes him more difficult to move to a contender who don't have a ton of excess salary to dump. At 17mil a season he could be worked into a lot of deals.

I’m not sure why you keep harping on it but it means Walker has the lowest FG% allowed at the rim this year out of any player in the league. It obviously doesn’t include scaring people out of the paint because they didn’t attempt a shot. Hope this helps.

No need to get defensive. Let me explain my first response again. When Rudy is guarding all of the paint and then some it might be more difficult to get to the rim to defend layups/dunks compared to Kessler who doesn't cover nearly the same ground. So by the time Rudy gets to the rim he might have a slightly lower ATR.

No one is saying kessler is better than gobert. Its ok, take a deep breath. Just saying that statistically Kessler is really good at defending shots attempted at the rim. This is a good thing for jazz fans. Smile when reading it. Let the joy in.

I was smiling when I wrote it. Rudy does that to me.

I was smiling when I wrote it. Rudy does that to me.
Kessler rim defense should do that for you as well.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Kessler rim defense should do that for you as well.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

It does. Making what I feel is a valid point regarding that stat and Rudy's place on the list doesn't diminish my love for Kessler. Maybe I should have prefaced my post with some Kessler love though, I admit.

Yep, that was a mistake. he might be the missing piece. The way he runs that team and gets easy shots for Rudy? Perfection. I wish we had someone who could get shots for others. I also wish we had a once a generation defensive player. We give up so many easy looks.
Don't get me wrong, Conley didn't fit out rebuild timeline and would likely add a few wins. Having him mentor George could have been good.

I wanted him to be traded, just not to a team that was imploding and we own a bunch of their future picks...

Those first rounders might be great ones. Minny is a veteran team and the picks are years out. Gobert, conley and kat wont be great forever and Ant might want out when those dudes decline and they dont have any draft picks or cap space to make any moves.
I hope so. Cuz right now I see minny as a contender and I see us as a complete trash fire without really any prospects to get me excited. George, while I hope improves his shooting, isn’t exactly Mitchell 45. And our other two rookies apparently suck so bad that they can’t even beat out *checks notes* Sexton, THT, and Fonteccio.

I really wished we had drafted your boy, Ray Allen Hawkins. Now that’s a prospect that would’ve given me something to look forward to this year.