What's new

Game Thread Nov 30, 2023 06:00PM MT: Jazz at Wolves

Added to Calendar: 11-30-23

Alright, if we’re going to let Keyonte go and face plant like this (which is the right move)….why are Hendricks/Brice behind literally everyone? They have to overtake Luka, Potter, Juzang before even getting the chance to overtake Yurt, Simone, or Dunn. What are we even trying to do this season?

The question of “what is the point” looms large.

You declared it lopsided and then asked. Felt like a sarcastic declaration. Our draft last year wasn’t bad. Keyonte shows a lot of promise and Taylor will figure it out.

I’m not sure what people wanted to do… keep Don and Rudy and be a six seed for a couple years until Rudy ages out and Donovan walks?

We crushed both trades. It will take a couple years but we should be able to build something with higher ceiling.

I think it’s pretty clear what was “wanted” had the franchise gone the other direction and kept Rudy and Don. That team was not a sixth seed forever team. What was needed was better roster building decisions around Don and Rudy. It’s very difficult to trade for a Lauri Markannen or draft a Bane/McDaniels/Jones with limited resources. I get that. But there were moves to be made on the margin. Part of the problem is that the FO burned so many years on the same team that had clear and obvious flaws and refused to address them.

It’s very difficult to also get players like Don and Rudy on the same team at the same time. Maybe this path still seems easier, but I think “should” is a strong word. I think it’s difficult to get back to the position we were in.

I’m not even necessarily saying the FO made the wrong move, but it’s ain’t easy even after nailing (or lucking out) with Lauri.

That stat is a little skewed because to be fair Rudy is defending three guys while Walker is defending one.
Absolutly, stat here mean nothing. Rudy is everywhere. But shoud also be taken into consideration that Minny have others good defenders ( even KAT improve a lot) where in Utah......

I don’t think that is how the stat works.

Is it at-the-rim protection? If Rudy is recovering to the rim from controlling the entirety of the paint isn't he less likely to make the play at the rim? Or am I missing what the stat is about?

Giving them Conley was not a good idea.
Definitly it make a big difference. Mike this year get his best in career 104 Assist/14 TO, 7.1 Ratio, 2nd best in NBA and he shoot 58% from corner 3 ( 2nd in NBA too) . Plus he use Rudy the best way and KAT seems to get a good connection with him as well. Not a good trade definitly but when DA did it it was making sense.

Alright, if we’re going to let Keyonte go and face plant like this (which is the right move)….why are Hendricks/Brice behind literally everyone? They have to overtake Luka, Potter, Juzang before even getting the chance to overtake Yurt, Simone, or Dunn. What are we even trying to do this season?

Yeah that's my biggest issue with Hardy. How is Keynote getting all the minutes and endless opportunities while shooting 35% from the floor while Hendricks/Sensabrough get buried for no apparent reason? Speaking about double standard here.

I think Keyonte shooting like a #1 option in this game is less about tanking and more about him being the best option to get hot and score a lot. If you look at that starting lineup and you see Colllins, Fonz, Yurt7 and Ochai there with him.... yeah I'd give Keyonte the greenest of lights.

Doesnt mean I'm trying to lose, but just that I'm trying to win through defense and hope that Key catches fire and puts up production on the offensive end.

Its always going to be ugly when we dont have our only two guys that really score and pull in defense. We pretty much just pass around the perimeter over and over until something opens up or we take a tough shot. THT and Sexton can drive but it does not open much up for the other guys.

I'm glad to welcome you to "what's the point" island... the mood here is one of indifference and occasional frustration and disbelief.

Yeah that's my biggest issue with Hardy. How is Keynote getting all the minutes and endless opportunities while shooting 35% from the floor while Hendricks/Sensabrough get buried for no apparent reason? Speaking about double standard here.
Tells you how bad the other two are

Then again the worst shooter in the league gets entitlement minutes with us, although off the bench, so just bring in the rookies.
Coaches don't really play based on games, they play based off what they see in practice.

At some point if the game performance is so bad then you switch it up, but you got to stick with your talent for a certain time frame.