What's new

Ochai Agbaji, Can Someone Shed Some Light?

You try so hard to be dumb.

Would be wild if we had some stats from before his g league stint and after.

I know. Unfortunately he didnt get any meaningful minutes before the g league to compare. I agree it would be nice if we could make that comparison.

You are so dumb though

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Ochai looked like a GLeague scrub today.

I disagree. He was active on the boards tipping balls to teammates and fighting bigger guys to make rebounds tough. Played good defense though he was scored on some.
He only took 2 shots.
Beasley definitely looked like a g league scrub though and has for a while.

Before tonights game KO has looked like a g league scrub for a while.
Gay looked like a g league scrub most of the year. THT as well.

Yep. Ochai is good.

Turns out when you draft a great player out of college, a four year guy who also happens to be an NBA athlete, an NBA shooter and has an NBA ready body and you give him consistent extended minutes, he produces. Who would have guessed?
Certainly no NBA coaching staff in the entire NBA.

Lol. The minute they start giving him minutes, he starts producing. They deserve all the credit for that. Has nothing to do with fact he’s just pretty good at basketball and he should have been playing all along.

And it’s nothing to do with he just wasn’t ready before and if they’d thrown him in before and he got killed it’d likely have destroyed his confidence?? Ok

And it’s nothing to do with he just wasn’t ready before and if they’d thrown him in before and he got killed it’d likely have destroyed his confidence?? Ok

Lol. They inserted him into the lineup after they went on a huge losing streak. That is why he was “ready” when he was. Losing streak never happens and Ochai is still sitting on the bench cause he isnt “ready”

Does nobody remember how lost and bad he looked at the start of the season? It's only been a few months.

He looks good because he looks comfortable with where he is supposed to be on offense and defense and has started to adjust to the NBA length and speed.
He didnt play at the start of the season so, no. I dont count garbage time minutes when he is sharing the court with Dok and potter etc by the way. Literally the first time he got minutes in the regular rotation he looked great. He got minutes in the regular rotation because we were on a huge losing streak. Not because he was suddenly ready right at that particular moment.
Again, this is a rebuilding season. Giving a 4 year kansas player coming off a national championship with an nba ready body 5-10 minutes per game with the regular rotation from day one wouldn't be the end of the world. I watch tht look lost and bad all the time. Even guys like conley and clarkson look lost and bad sometimes. Its ok to make mistakes. All players do it.

The narrative of "this particular rookie wasn't ready for minutes because he might make mistakes that literally every player makes and we need him to be perfect before he gets on the court in this somewhat throw away rebuilding season even though he is coming into the nba much better off and more nba ready than most all rookies" is a strange narrative.

Hardy is a great coach. But using hindsight that we have access to i think its ok to say he isn't perfect. I think even Hardy would admit he isn't perfect if somone was to ask him and he answered honestly. NAW should have been in the rotation ahead of THT from day one. Kessler should have been getting more than 15 minutes per game from day on and KO should have been getting a few less minutes. Gay should not play. Ochai should have been getting a few minutes from day 1.
Hardy has realized all these things at this point I think (we will see what happens when KO gets back on the court but i think Hardy has learned by now that Kessler needs to play more) except for the part about rudy gay. He seems to think that gay is playing well enough to continue to get playing time. Hopefully he learns that is the incorrect move soon too. I think he will. He is a great coach who is still learning too.

Last edited: