What's new

Game Thread Oct 04, 2021 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Spurs (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-04-21

Butler makes his first points in the NBA - 2 free throws

Jazz 18-24 Spurs end of 1st. Conley with 5, Mitchell with 4, Clarkson/Whiteside with 3 each.

found a working link. its not much but you can pm me.

Caught a glimpse of a few positions and all I caught is that Doke is messing up on defense.

Forrest really knows how to play, showing the great patience and passing we saw this summer....if he could just shoot.

Just took Derrick White's cookies too.

Forrest really active on defense. I'm not sure if he's worth the supermax yet but if that's what he needs to get an extension done we have to offer it.

Wonder if Oni is injured or just that far out of the rotation. I though we might have seen Hughes first because he's the most "like" player to emulate Bogey, but he hasn't gotten in at all. Butler and Forrest both got minutes next to Conley/Mitchell.

nice bully ball by whiteside. will need to make it count when the opponent go small on us.

A few takeaways:
-- Our backcourt looks small vs. theirs.
-- Spurs are long, athletic and aggressive on the perimeter--Vassell, Murray, Johnson. Jazz aren't.
-- Clarkson is our best scorer tonight, and his efficiency is average at best.
-- Whiteside gets defensive rebounds in his area, which is good. His screens are narrow. They pretty much suck.
-- Paschall has to hit those open looks from 3pt or he's going to get benched.
-- Jazz without Gobert might not be a playoff team.