What's new

Game Thread Oct 04, 2021 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Spurs (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-04-21

A few takeaways:
-- Our backcourt looks small vs. theirs.
-- Spurs are long, athletic and aggressive on the perimeter--Vassell, Murray, Johnson. Jazz aren't.
-- Clarkson is our best scorer tonight, and his efficiency is average at best.
-- Whiteside gets defensive rebounds in his area, which is good. His screens are narrow. They pretty much suck.
-- Paschall has to hit those open looks from 3pt or he's going to get benched.
-- Jazz without Gobert might not be a playoff team.
Whiteside isnt going to set consistent screens or play with consistent effort if he isnt getting the ball consistently. That's been him his whole career.

That first half from Whiteside and Doke will really make you appreciate Gobert on offense.

Whiteside is who he is. He isn't gonna turn himself into the best screener in the world at this point of his career. And Doke in his limited minutes isn't showing any promise either.
That's when we really miss having Favors off our bench.

Butler looks really small on the floor and his shot is reminding me of Trey Burke lol. Hope that's not gonna become the case for him

Butler looking a lot better going against Primo than Murray and White who were overwhelming him physically.

Locke keeps talking about Butler winning the NCAA championship. He's mixing up Jared Butler with Baylor. He even said the Butler Bears. Ugh!

Locke keeps talking about Butler winning the NCAA championship. He's mixing up Jared Butler with Baylor. He even said the Butler Bears. Ugh!

I thought jared butler was on the baylor bears team though

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Jazz making sure no one complains about this not being televised... setting the bar low... super smart tbh.