What's new

Game Thread Oct 06, 2021 06:30PM MT: Jazz at Mavericks (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-06-21

Maybe we'll get some Paschall at the 5 minutes.
Unless Udoka is playing all 48, it should be a given and probably pretty heavy. Maybe play Royce at the 5.

Unless Udoka is playing all 48, it should be a given and probably pretty heavy. Maybe play Royce at the 5.

Yeah...I know there are some Bolden fans, but I'd rather see Pachall/Royce (probably have to play Royce in any small ball 5 lineup anyways). Bolden can have the last 8 minutes with the rest of the camp guys. I need to see Butler running PnR with Paschall and a spaced floor.

Allow me to introduce you to a guy by the name of Jordan Clarkson.
What is the pre-season record for points and shots in a game? Someone tweet it to JC and dare him to break both.

I don’t care about guys missing a lot of preseason, but I hope we don’t go a whole preseason without any kind of legit run-through. The year we brought in Conley and Bojan we benched a lot of guys the whole preseason and didn’t warm up any chemistry, which was odd considering such a massive roster turnover. Someone ask Mike how that turned out.

I don’t care about guys missing a lot of preseason, but I hope we don’t go a whole preseason without any kind of legit run-through. The year we brought in Conley and Bojan we benched a lot of guys the whole preseason and didn’t warm up any chemistry, which was odd considering such a massive roster turnover. Someone ask Mike how that turned out.
The only guys we need to build chemistry with are Gay and Whiteside, who are hurt (I'm guessing Whiteside's is very minor). Then once you rest Joe and Rudy, you really aren't doing anything. Should just avoid any injury and play the young guys who probably won't get very many regular season minutes.

The Jazz's preseason is the regular season anyway.

It's a good night for Doke to start feeling some game out there... something tells me chances are adding up for him to end up joining David and Dennis...

It's a good night for Doke to start feeling some game out there... something tells me chances are adding up for him to end up joining David and Dennis...
Is it that there were reports saying no one wanted to draft him except Dennis this summer? Or is it that they brought in a vet to play in front of him?

I'm being a dick but I agree... he needs to show something. He's a much better prospect that Tony Bradley was but I doubt we will make the mistake we made by picking up Doke's option when he has done nothing. I think they pick up the third year option but may pass on the 4th year.

Jazz will have the same starting lineup they played with all last season. They just need to get Hassan, Eric and Jared acclimated to play spot minutes. If Rudy Gay were available to play right now, it might make a difference.

Well, Whiteside, it was good almost knowing you. Sorry that injuries are cutting your preseason short before the first televised game. Thanks for all your hard work.

Sent from my SM-G986U using JazzFanz mobile app

We are two weeks away from real basketball... that's exciting.

7 guys of our 9 man rotation... This officially became a summer league game.
This will be fun.
That’s because there literally was no chemistry with adding two new main guys. That’s not a problem this year. Not really the same situation. Imo of course.
Jazz are going to play their summer league team. It will be fun to watch the young guys step up.
Good. Want to see how Butler, Forrest, Hughes, Dok respond playing lead roles for multiple games would be nice.