What's new

Game Thread Oct 16, 2023 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. New Zealand Breakers (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-16-23

Thank God Keyonte looks like a win, because we dropped the ball at 9. Missing on Brice (if it comes to that) is nbd, but damn, having a marksman who can play like Strawther would have been nice

So based on a very small sample of preseason it's looking like Hendricks doesn't have those natural NBA basketball instincts that you love to see in young players? And also does not have that dawg in him?

Those things can come with being more comfortable and getting his bearings, so keep the fingers crossed. But him not being much of an NBA player because of the intangibles was definitely a pretty big concern, yet to be alleviated.

Watched a bit of the Hou/Spur game last night. Seeing my top 2 Jazz draft targets Amen and Whitmore on the Rockets made me a very sad panda.

The top 8 picks didn't go the Jazz way but there's still no reason Keyonte and Whitmore shouldn't be on this team. Whitmore is going to make Ainge and all these other GM's regret passing on him. I hated the Sensabaugh pick on draft night and still hate it now. Hopefully Hendricks and Sensabaugh will look like different players after some seasoning in the G League.

So based on a very small sample of preseason it's looking like Hendricks doesn't have those natural NBA basketball instincts that you love to see in young players? And also does not have that dawg in him?

Those things can come with being more comfortable and getting his bearings, so keep the fingers crossed. But him not being much of an NBA player because of the intangibles was definitely a pretty big concern, yet to be alleviated.
All you had to do was watch any of his games to realize he wasnt that guy. Dude had next to zero "It" factor. The entire appeal of his game was based on his role player potential, but at the least important position in basketball currently w/ little upside to expand his game because of the lack of feel/dribbling.

Fingers crossed he can achieve his role player potential.

Last edited:
Watched a bit of the Hou/Spur game last night. Seeing my top 2 Jazz draft targets Amen and Whitmore on the Rockets made me a very sad panda.

The top 8 picks didn't go the Jazz way but there's still no reason Keyonte and Whitmore shouldn't be on this team. Whitmore is going to make Ainge and all these other GM's regret passing on him. I hated the Sensabaugh pick on draft night and still hate it now. Hopefully Hendricks and Sensabaugh will look like different players after some seasoning in the G League.
Whitmore shouldnt have been the pick at 9 or 16. Far better options available. He will make some unreal plays that will make you sad, but his overall game isnt anything to be all that sad about passing on.

Wasn't that part of the scouting report coming out of college? I seem to recall it mentioned that he doesn't get a lot of separation, but still manages to get his shot off.
He was very good at using his body to create separation in college.

Juzang looked nice and confident on the court, had forgot about him. Dunn a block & steal in limited minutes, no shots taken. Thought the 2nd half guys looked a little selfish at times, Potter was the only one whom seem to realize Brice was getting his first pro minutes and looked to throw him a bone. I'm rooting for him big but missing that dunk couldn't help think of GG! He looked the part of a shooter though.

Not concerned with Hendricks, so young at this point and looks fine. Nice strong finish, sight to behold.

How did Brice look ? Didn't bother to watch

Thought he actually looked pretty good tbh. Make/miss is one thing....but he's a pretty good ball handler with size. Did not blow by guys or anything, but kinda bully balled his way into his spots for buckets in the mid range. It's not ideal persay, but that's his game.

If Brice is healthy then he will be a solid player. There is no doubt in my mind about that. He can do it all offensively and his shooting is a thing of beauty.

There’s been a couple times he should have swatted a guy but kinda froze. Get in the G League and get aggressive. I thought he did have a block last night though… must have been credited to someone else.

i think so… but it kinda jumped out at me against the Aussie team. Maybe he drops a few additional lbs (he looks slimmer already) and has a Keyonte glow up.
He did have a block (hendricks)

Yes and if you look at who was picked in the top 20 of the draft you find lots and lots of guys who have played about as well as hendricks. Only like 3 or 4 players have looked very good.

Whittmore wasn't very good last night. 5-15 and 1-7 right? An inefficient chucker in that game. Not ideal.