What's new

Game Thread Oct 19, 2022 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs Nuggets

Added to Calendar: 10-19-22

Look... I think Sexton was just drying his foot off but in the history books it looks very much like the Young Bull digging in and just turning Jokic into a straight turnstile. I give it a 12/10 stars conservatively. I watched it 5 times in a row and am still cackling.

THT is extremely entertaining on a team you don't care if it wins. He puts up some amazingly awful looking looks. Gives me the giggles.
And he does some things that are cool and entertaining... the drives to nowhere are maddening... if you are trying to win. I have decided to be fine with the trade because he does cool stuff you might think he's good... but he's actually bad and will be a 5 star tank general.

Also the rumors of Mike Conley's death have been greatly exaggerated. Looked awesome and the Lakers should really be looking at him and Beasley and salivating if they can pull something off. A Mike/KO/Beasley for Russ could be what that team needs to be respectable. The pick swap they gave NO is a sunk cost... but it would be crazy embarrassing if that pick is in the lotto... and would be an all-time pie in the face moment if it landed top 4. At some point "contending" may be scraped for saving face.

Also the rumors of Mike Conley's death have been greatly exaggerated. Looked awesome and the Lakers should really be looking at him and Beasley and salivating if they can pull something off. A Mike/KO/Beasley for Russ could be what that team needs to be respectable. The pick swap they gave NO is a sunk cost... but it would be crazy embarrassing if that pick is in the lotto... and would be an all-time pie in the face moment if it landed top 4. At some point "contending" may be scraped for saving face.
Ainge and Pelinka really just ****ed around and are finding out.

How the hell a deal wasn’t consummated is malpractice on at least one but probably both of their parts. I say this in past tense cuz Bogey is ****ing awesome and fits their needs like a glove.

But yes, hopefully everyone comes to their senses as everyone’s plans are in jeopardy right now.

Ainge and Pelinka really just ****ed around and are finding out.

How the hell a deal wasn’t consummated is malpractice on at least one but probably both of their parts. I say this in past tense cuz Bogey is ****ing awesome and fits their needs like a glove.

But yes, hopefully everyone comes to their senses as everyone’s plans are in jeopardy right now.
Right... like did LA counter the Conley, Bogey, Gay plus the Nets/Philly pick for Russ and 2 picks with just a straight Conley, Bogey, Gay for one pick... did we throw that out there? Like was Vando a complete non-starter if we subbed him into the deal?

Lakers have no reasonable draft assets imo worth taking on a cancer like Westbrick, even if they do decide to shift into pure tank mode with him hurt all season.
Danny won't do that imo.

Lakers have no reasonable draft assets imo worth taking on a cancer like Westbrick, even if they do decide to shift into pure tank mode with him hurt all season.
Danny won't do that imo.
Ummm we simply waive Westbrook and yes the picks they have in 2027 and 2029 are REALLY juicy. They are a dumpster fire.

Ummm we simply waive Westbrook and yes the picks they have in 2027 and 2029 are REALLY juicy. They are a dumpster fire.
I don't like those picks at all. its LA so even a dumpster fire isn't a dumpster fire its a barrell with a dimly lit match.
Waive him? Sure they would not trade Mike unless they were tanking and they would be worse with Westbrick on the bench than at home.
If they do something like this to kill the lockeroom and promote the idea this team is not worth building around, it will take a decade of draft luck to ever recover from it.
I hate the idea of trying to rebuild like this. They have enough damn picks already. keep playing hard try to win and if you can get a younger player that fits the timeline for Mike than do it, but not for unknown picks no matter how appetizing they seem like they might be with Lebron in his 40's, its a hard pass from me.

I don't like those picks at all. its LA so even a dumpster fire isn't a dumpster fire its a barrell with a dimly lit match.
Waive him? Sure they would not trade Mike unless they were tanking and they would be worse with Westbrick on the bench than at home.
If they do something like this to kill the lockeroom and promote the idea this team is not worth building around, it will take a decade of draft luck to ever recover from it.
I hate the idea of trying to rebuild like this. They have enough damn picks already. keep playing hard try to win and if you can get a younger player that fits the timeline for Mike than do it, but not for unknown picks no matter how appetizing they seem like they might be with Lebron in his 40's, its a hard pass from me.
You don’t pay enough attention… go look at where the Lakers picked prior to Lebron coming over. Their front office is bad. They have no way to restock the cupboard other than FA and they struggled mightily there until Lebron decided he wanted to be a movie star. If they offered those picks you take em and run. They have a very good chance of being lotto picks.

We ain’t building around Mike/KO/Beasley (or whatever is moved). If anything it would show the young guys we want to build around them and give them the keys. If that type of deal shakes the culture then the culture wasn’t that strong.

Look... I think Sexton was just drying his foot off but in the history books it looks very much like the Young Bull digging in and just turning Jokic into a straight turnstile. I give it a 12/10 stars conservatively. I watched it 5 times in a row and am still cackling.

I mean, it would have been better if he snorted and shook his head, right?

Jokic seemed to be sure Sexton will pass the ball to Markkanen or Conley. The very moment Sexton makes his move, Joker swings slightly to the left. The move Joker made was not big, but big enough Sexton got past him, and as Gay had pulled his man to the same side as Markkanen and Conley, Sexton had lots of room to his left (to the right of Jokic). Seemed to me this was a game-plan the coach had made, spesifically to get past Jokic (you need space to get around his long arms), as Conley was very clearly shouting out to Gay to get next to Markkanen and thus make room on the left.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiJOINuH_Ug

Nice rundown on the play within the play. Doesn’t make it any less impressive IMO.

Those days of Mitchell actually caring and wanting to be here seem so distant, like a lifetime ago. Those were the days
I agree, and why for me the housecleaning was such a tremendous relief. Ainge could correctly see that we were just spinning our wheels and going nowhere with the old guard. It was a bold move all around and gives us a future regardless how we play it this year IMO.

Last edited:
THT is extremely entertaining on a team you don't care if it wins. He puts up some amazingly awful looking looks. Gives me the giggles.

that long three he tried had the accuracy and touch of a Russian missile careening toward the rim, and of course crash landing nowhere near the target

You don’t pay enough attention… go look at where the Lakers picked prior to Lebron coming over. Their front office is bad. They have no way to restock the cupboard other than FA and they struggled mightily there until Lebron decided he wanted to be a movie star. If they offered those picks you take em and run. They have a very good chance of being lotto picks.

We ain’t building around Mike/KO/Beasley (or whatever is moved). If anything it would show the young guys we want to build around them and give them the keys. If that type of deal shakes the culture then the culture wasn’t that strong.
its tempting, I get that. would rather trade mike for a rim protector that is looking for his next contract but his current team wont pay what he needs or something. Turner from Indiana s/t to the Jazz for Mike and a 2nd.

I think this is your worst take of all time. That 100% was the Young Bull ramping up.