What's new

Game Thread Oct 19, 2023 08:00PM MT: Jazz at Kings (Preseason)

Added to Calendar: 10-19-23

Pre season are what they are. The only things Hardy may see are that :

THT will be a starter , with JC
Sexton will play a lot coming from the bench.
Our draft players have job to do. Keyonte come after JC, THT, Sexton amd Dunn for me.
Hendricks hve to work a lot, some time in G league may help him to improve.

Overall not a bad preseason. Which mean nothing. Last year we suck at preseason and we all know what happen next.

This was the worst game I've seen thus far from Keyonte, and not because of his bad shooting night which happens. He didnt take bad shots on the perimeter but he did get blocked on his drives consistently. Thats one part of the adjustments he needs to make in the NBA. If there is no space he needs to learn to opt for floaters or passes or just dribble back out. Cannot just keep going for the layups with NBA bigs there waiting for him.

Sexton looked really good playing more to his old style. I'm glad Hardy is obviously spying JFC since thats what a lot of us was just hoping for the other day. Also Sexton seems to have picked up better passing awareness due to the PG experiment, which is gonna be great going forward.

If he can do something mildly interesting once I will hype it up

Ya right lol. If he had a triple double you wouldnt even post in the gamethread. Would pretend like you werent able to watch the game or some ish brother

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

My update on our pg play (everyone, other than myself, seemed very concerned with that position this offseason)

Sexton: 11-16 from the field (2-3 from three) for 24 points, 5 assists, ZERO turnovers, 5 rebounds and a plus 22 in plus/minus in 25 minutes
THT: 10-19 from the field (2-6 from three) for 26 points, 8 assists, 4 turnovers, 5 rebounds and a plus 8 in 31 minutes.
Dunn: 5-7 from the field for 12 points, 5 assists, 3 steals, 4 turnovers, and 5 rebounds in 23 minutes.

Those 3 (the guys who i think will be rotational point guards. I think keyonte only plays in garbage time or injury/foul trouble) combined:
26-42 for 62% shooting. 18 assists. 8 turnovers. 15 rebounds. 5 steals.

All three guys have been basically amazing throughout the pre season. I feel great about those 3 at point guard. I feel great about lauri, collins, kessler for bigs. I like clarkson and ochai. We are deep. I feel great about our coach, GM, and owner. millions of draft picks in our possession to improve the team going forward.

Really pleased with the Utah Jazz franchise right now.

Cant wait for the season to begin. I think we make the playoffs.

Brandon miller was 3-12 last night with 5 turnovers ;)

My update on our pg play (everyone, other than myself, seemed very concerned with that position this offseason)

Sexton: 11-16 from the field (2-3 from three) for 24 points, 5 assists, ZERO turnovers, 5 rebounds and a plus 22 in plus/minus in 25 minutes
THT: 10-19 from the field (2-6 from three) for 26 points, 8 assists, 4 turnovers, 5 rebounds and a plus 8 in 31 minutes.
Dunn: 5-7 from the field for 12 points, 5 assists, 3 steals, 4 turnovers, and 5 rebounds in 23 minutes.

Those 3 (the guys who i think will be rotational point guards. I think keyonte only plays in garbage time or injury/foul trouble) combined:

All three guys have been basically amazing throughout the pre season. I feel great about those 3 at point guard. I feel great about lauri, collins, kessler for bigs. I like clarkson and ochai. We are deep. I feel great about our coach, GM, and owner. millions of draft picks in our possession to improve the team going forward.

I like this fish guy. Man I hope the season would already start..

Fish feelin' great today!

I'm definitely more interested in flashes than straight stats, especially preseason. I've seen Miller make some crazy athletic plays, and that's the kind of stuff that I'm looking for in preseason.
I have always liked production more.

This was a strange game. The two rookies stunk the place up and the third got a DNP. Also no two way guys got in. The bench other than Dunn did not do much. Simone may have saved his hide. Sexton and THT were great. If I were the front office Luka and Yurt earned bus tickets out of town. I'm not sure what Hardy was trying to accomplish.

I'm still worried. We've played, Portland, New Zealand, and the Sacramento B team the last 3 games. I don't consider any of those teams legitimate NBA defenses. When we played the Clippers, we looked really bad.

A point guard isn't just supposed to get stats, but they should be setting up their teammates and running an offense. I haven't seen that against quality competition yet.

We can only play the teams on our schedule, so it's fine, but eventually I would like to see our offense look good against a good defense.

I'm still worried. We've played, Portland, New Zealand, and the Sacramento B team the last 3 games. I don't consider any of those teams legitimate NBA defenses. When we played the Clippers, we looked really bad.

A point guard isn't just supposed to get stats, but they should be setting up their teammates and running an offense. I haven't seen that against quality competition yet.

We can only play the teams on our schedule, so it's fine, but eventually I would like to see our offense look good against a good defense.
Clippers games were full of mistakes, stagnant movement and abysmal shooting (FT included).. all pointing to Hardy pushing them and having them run lines in TC again like he did last year.

But whatever the excuse, you are 100% correct in the sense that we havent seen good offense against any decent defense yet.

Nothing more important than rookie preseason production
Ah you think that is what i said. i see why you are confused now. I actually said i prefer production over moving good and looking cool and making flashy plays.

Like I though Hendricks looked fast, and big and athletic and had a smooth looking shot in pre season. But I would way rather have him go 10-15 for 28 points and 12 rebounds and 3 blocks instead.

The Jazz will lose badly to the great teams and beat the bottom dwellers and be competitive with everyone else. We are going to be gimmicky with our lineups the whole season.

Ah you think that is what i said. i see why you are confused now. I actually said i prefer production over moving good and looking cool and making flashy plays.

Like I though Hendricks looked fast, and big and athletic and had a smooth looking shot in pre season. But I would way rather have him go 10-15 for 28 points and 12 rebounds and 3 blocks instead.
You're unbelievable lmao