What's new

Game Thread Oct 20, 2021 07:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Thunder

Added to Calendar: 10-20-21

Cause your eyesight is already great?
No. I wear glasses. My vision has slowly worsened. I would play basketball without glasses like Donovan does, but I haven’t played (in any organized or pickup fashion aside from against my son) since 2015 when I blew out my second achilles. Since then my eyesight is bad enough that I’d thought about this recently and I would probably do the goggles.

Lasik isn't for everybody.

Depending on the type of stigmatism you have it can actually worsen your sight in certain conditions - for instance, I would have to wear reading glasses if I got them done (don't need them now). Plus you get hit hard enough in your eyes that could **** you up.

There's other ways to go though.

Gonna be the wet blanket.

OKC got a TON of open looks. Granted, maybe they were forcing them into open looks the defense can live with because OKC is terrible.

But with the shots they got, that's a very competitive game against most other teams and maybe a loss against a few.

Lasik is one of man’s greatest achievements.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Ya and i guess i probably shouldn’t have said what i said as I dont know everything about lasik but holy crap it was awesome for my wife and a friend of mine. For both of them it fixed their eyesight completely (no more glasses or contacts!) and it was incredibly simple and fast and painless and the recovery was nothing.
Only negative of the whole experience was that it cost like 4,000 dollars and thats a lot of money to someone like me.

Its about 11 years later for my wife iirc and still perfect eyesight and no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Ya and i guess i probably shouldn’t have said what i said as I dont know everything about lasik but holy crap it was awesome for my wife and a friend of mine. For both of them it fixed their eyesight completely (no more glasses or contacts!) and it was incredibly simple and fast and painless and the recovery was nothing.
Only negative of the whole experience was that it cost like 4,000 dollars and thats a lot of money to someone like me.

Its about 11 years later for my wife iirc and still perfect eyesight and no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
I got PRK… so it’s a little different but it’s effing awesome. Been like 10 years or so. I doubt my vision is perfect but being able to see better in sports is amazing. Played tennis growing up and being able to see the lines and spin on the ball would have been nice. Basketball is a little better. It’s really waking up and being able to see and not going from glasses to non glasses throughout the day. When they aren’t clean I feel tired… like you are in a fog. I’d do it again.

Isn’t one of the main concerns someone should have about LASIK is that they wait until their worsening eyesight stabilize before getting the procedure? Maybe Donovan is better off waiting?

I had lasik around 2000. My eyesight got ******** one day roughly 2+ years ago. Who knows what did it. I also got tinnitus around the same time.

Anyways, Jazz played meh. The Thunder are even worse than last season and so we won by a good amount. Rudy is a stud. Nice to see Clarkson back to ballin'. Everyone else will sort it out. I think EP is going to be a good energy guy.

No ****. Great point. There is only one reason for anyone with poor eyesight not to get lasik. Cause you can't afford it. I'm pretty sure Donovan can afford it.
This makes me think Donovan might be kind of a dumbass

Oh he is, let's just say it's a good thing he has basketball.

No. I wear glasses. My vision has slowly worsened. I would play basketball without glasses like Donovan does, but I haven’t played (in any organized or pickup fashion aside from against my son) since 2015 when I blew out my second achilles. Since then my eyesight is bad enough that I’d thought about this recently and I would probably do the goggles.

I got lasik in 2005, best decision I ever made from a vision standpoint.

I think although Whiteside didn't have his best game, the Thunder's offense definitely felt his presence when he was on the court. Where as last year there was a noticeable drop-off (on defense) when Favors was in.

I'd love to see Butler get more minutes but whose minutes is he taking? When Gay comes back whose minutes is he taking? Still don't think we have the roster to combat small ball but I guess we'll see...

I think although Whiteside didn't have his best game, the Thunder's offense definitely felt his presence when he was on the court. Where as last year there was a noticeable drop-off (on defense) when Favors was in.

I'd love to see Butler get more minutes but whose minutes is he taking? When Gay comes back whose minutes is he taking? Still don't think we have the roster to combat small ball but I guess we'll see...
I didn’t see the game and wondered how Whiteside looked compared to what Favors could have offered. Thanks for your insight.

I assume Gay will be taking Paschall's minutes.

I didn’t see the game and wondered how Whiteside looked compared to what Favors could have offered. Thanks for your insight.
Favors was always at the right place at the right time, but was physically limited on what he was able to do at that point. Hassan is still figuring out defensive rotations/ might not ever get it. However, he is much more physically able to challenge. Because of this he is fouling a lot.