What's new

Game Thread Oct 23, 2022 05:00PM MT: Jazz at Pelicans

Added to Calendar: 10-23-22

Some observations. They will seem negative, and I don't mean them to be, but just things I observed.

- Mike Conley with a mostly rough game. I don't think he can keep up the minutes at the pace we are playing this year. Whether you are team tank or team win, Conley needs to play less minutes.
- Kessler's lack of a vertical was very apparent this game. It mostly doesn't hurt him as the hoop is still only 10ft tall, no matter how high players can jump.
- I didn't like Hardy not going for a defensive substitution at the end of the game. It ended up being fine, I guess.

I think Mike will not play tomorrow. And i agree, He should play a bit less specially as we have Colin and Beasley on the bench.

Beasley had a rough night. They tried to get him going with a technical FT, but he missed that too. He did hit that three at the buzzer in the 3rd, but outside of that, he was just cold.

3 games in and I’m still not sure how to feel or what to think.
This. I was looking forward to maybe having a top pick for the first time ever next summer. Now I am wondering if we are legit, or fool's gold. Right now most worried about ending at 42 wins and missing the play-in and getting the 14th pick, while not really being able to go any further with the team we have.

Beasley had a rough night. They tried to get him going with a technical FT, but he missed that too. He did hit that three at the buzzer in the 3rd, but outside of that, he was just cold.
It happens, Sexton was cold as well. TBH I think it was our worst game yet in terms of shooting %, particularly from three, but we kept after it, played some gritty D, had a little luck with their injury substitutions and hit clutch shots again down the stretch. I love this team!

Will looks so relaxed out there , doesn’t like like a cocaine addict that has had to much coffee and hasn’t slept in 5 years
I think it is easy to look relaxed when there are no expectations. It will be interesting to see his level of intensity if we end up playing meaningful games this year.

Agree. His first step is so quick for a 7-footer as he goes past Jones, then stops and leans back for the shot. They can't defend against it.
dec659fd-1ead-425e-a9c7-d25302a13d06_text.gif

Attachments

• 1666624053860.png
    1666624053860.png
    31.8 KB · Views: 11
Guys… like again I’m still trying to wrap my head around Jordan ****ing Clarkson blocking Zion so hard on a fast break dunk attempt that he’s now on the injury report.

I have no idea if this is real life or a simulation. Feels like a glitch in the algorithm

This will be the first game in 4 years I get to watch at a normal time since I'm in the USA for a minute. I haven't been able to have a beer and watch the games since I'm not usually a breakfast beer drinker unless I'm on vacation and the games aren't on my radar to watch on vacation. Although the games weren't bad, usually 9/10 am. A perfect time to have coffee and watch the game if I'm not working. Or a good time to waste at work and watch.

This will be the first game in 4 years I get to watch at a normal time since I'm in the USA for a minute. I haven't been able to have a beer and watch the games since I'm not usually a breakfast beer drinker unless I'm on vacation and the games aren't on my radar to watch on vacation. Although the games weren't bad, usually 9/10 am. A perfect time to have coffee and watch the game if I'm not working. Or a good time to waste at work and watch.
Enjoy yourself Ronald