What's new

***Official College Basketball Thread***

It's a player.....

So if it's not a player planning to retire and join his coaching staff then it's an active player.
Which would also mean it's tampering under the current CBA and wouldn't be allowed prior to the free agency period.

It's not Mario Chalmers - That would cause him nightmares.
It's probably not Dwyane Wade...
Which leaves open Chris Bosh and LeBron James. I don't see LeBron going to LA.
But I can see Chris Bosh potentially leaving.

To add some comedy in case I'm not being trolled(which is totally cool with me - I can always pick the foreigner troll card in return) let's assume the Lakers get the 5th draft slot and the first four picks included Wiggins, Embiid, Parker and Exum in some random order. That would mean the Lakers are on the clock with Julius Randle available as the BPA.

BUT if the Lakers have already committed to signing Chris Bosh to a max under the table, that would make some insanely entertaining drama if the Lakers didn't draft Calipari's College recruit ;)

I guess you're trolling again..

It's precisely the opposite. He's too tough. The NBA prima donnas don't like getting yelled at. They want a laid back coach to 'speak' to them.

But Thibodeau is a precedent now in the modern age. Maybe he should sign Luol as a start :p

So if it's not a player planning to retire and join his coaching staff then it's an active player.
Which would also mean it's tampering under the current CBA and wouldn't be allowed prior to the free agency period.

It's not Mario Chalmers - That would cause him nightmares.
It's probably not Dwyane Wade...
Which leaves open Chris Bosh and LeBron James. I don't see LeBron going to LA.
But I can see Chris Bosh potentially leaving.

To add some comedy in case I'm not being trolled(which is totally cool with me - I can always pick the foreigner troll card in return) let's assume the Lakers get the 5th draft slot and the first four picks included Wiggins, Embiid, Parker and Exum in some random order. That would mean the Lakers are on the clock with Julius Randle available as the BPA.

BUT if the Lakers have already committed to signing Chris Bosh to a max under the table, that would make some insanely entertaining drama if the Lakers didn't draft Calipari's College recruit ;)
Calipari would only draft a UK player if they were BPA. There would be no need to do so.
You're not being trolled.

Is he hard enough? Is he rough enough? Is he rich enough? I guess we'll wait and see

Yeah he acts tough, but the fact that he hasn't made the jump to the NBA these few years since that stint makes him appear "soft" to these NBA players.

I think they'll jump all over him.

And I'm not sure tampering is extended to someone NOT in the NBA.
I will not divulge on this further.

Sorry to hear about UK, PKM. I fell asleep about three minutes into the game and missed it. Sounded like UK started 5 freshmen?

Lol

Does Calipari to the Lakers mean you'd have to like the Lakers?

**** no.

I only like Caliapri because he's the UK coach and great guy (believe it or not). If he leaves I'll suddenly have a new favorite coach..... until their first loss.

**** no.

I only like Caliapri because he's the UK coach and great guy (believe it or not). If he leaves I'll suddenly have a new favorite coach..... until their first loss.

That's refreshing. Thought it might be the case so I had to ask.

Could you imagine being a UK and a Lakers fan? You could smell the douchiness for miles and miles.

And I'm not sure tampering is extended to someone NOT in the NBA.
I will not divulge on this further.

Larry Coon was answering some questions about similar circumstances. His interpretation of the CBA was that if it involves a player currently under contract and it's not the free agency period that it's not allowed officially. So in that scenario following Coon's interpretation it would be only Bosh doing sth wrong.

Calipari would only draft a UK player if they were BPA. There would be no need to do so.
You're not being trolled.

Still it'd make some good media drama, if Randle's mocked between 3 and 7, Calipari's team picks #5 and Randle's taken #6.