What's new

***Official College Basketball Thread***

Yeah I understand his offense carried them at times, but a) lol @ UK's FTs b) everytime there was a team defense collapse in the 2nd half it was usually Young's fault

Young was the only reason they were in the game most of the time tbh.

Not an excuse for his defense though. Effort was there, the reads weren't. As far as draft prospects are concerned, the last thing I want on this jazz-team is a wing with questionable defensive decisions in a title game nonetheless

UGLI during the confetti they panned over to Calhoun and I tried to snapshot it but I wasn't fast enough :'(

Not an excuse for his defense though. Effort was there, the reads weren't. As far as draft prospects are concerned, the last thing I want on this jazz-team is a wing with questionable defensive decisions in a title game nonetheless

I didn't really notice Young as being that bad relative to the other guards on the team.

Sorry to hear about UK, PKM. I fell asleep about three minutes into the game and missed it. Sounded like UK started 5 freshmen?

Yes.. the talks started a month ago. I could say MUCH more but won't. (Involves a player for the Heat)

That said, I don't think the two sides come together and he remains at UK. (Just my prediction)

He'd have to be stupid to leave UK, IMO.. nice and comfy job, very well respected... the NBA game is like a revolving door, one day you're in, the next day you're out.

Unless he's getting offered like $5-6m per range, 5 years, an offer he can't refuse another word.

He'd have to be stupid to leave UK, IMO.. nice and comfy job, very well respected... the NBA game is like a revolving door, one day you're in, the next day you're out.

Unless he's getting offered like $5-6m per range, 5 years, an offer he can't refuse another word.

He already makes that. It's nothing about money.
He's been the villain for 20 years. A great guy, tbh. He lives an invredibly giving, charitable, life... he's been searching for respect and can't find it. I think that's what it's about.

And the UK job is anything but comfy. The money, yes.. but the 365 recruiting, the appearances, the demands of an irrational fanbase... all equal one of THE most stressful jobs in all of sports.

Yes.. the talks started a month ago. I could say MUCH more but won't. (Involves a player for the Heat)

That said, I don't think the two sides come together and he remains at UK. (Just my prediction)

So it's involving Battier, because I don't see Ray Allen becoming an assistant coach for the Lakers.

He already makes that. It's nothing about money.
He's been the villain for 20 years. A great guy, tbh. He lives an invredibly giving, charitable, life... he's been searching for respect and can't find it. I think that's what it's about.

And the UK job is anything but comfy. The money, yes.. but the 365 recruiting, the appearances, the demands of an irrational fanbase... all equal one of THE most stressful jobs in all of sports.

Alright starting to get the picture.. thanks for the info.. still think he lacks the toughness to deal with NBA players though, but we'll see.. Just think he's too "nice" to survive in that cutthroat environment.

Alright starting to get the picture.. thanks for the info.. still think he lacks the toughness to deal with NBA players though, but we'll see.. Just think he's too "nice" to survive in that cutthroat environment.

I guess you're trolling again..

It's precisely the opposite. He's too tough. The NBA prima donnas don't like getting yelled at. They want a laid back coach to 'speak' to them.

Is he hard enough? Is he rough enough? Is he rich enough? I guess we'll wait and see