What's new

Official Draft Thread

Puke, gag........ really?, After all the suspense of this pick over the last few years? Really?
I hope this kid turns into something special and proves us all wrong.
Right now I want to see the Jazz fire KOC.

I don't know who made the Luke Jackson comparisons, but they're way off. Jackson was a better scorer (by SEVEN points per game), shot for a better percentage 2 AND 3, more than doubled Hayward's assists, was almost an identical rebounder, and played in the Pac-10. Even if you look at Jackson's sophomore numbers he's better in most categories.

We missed out on any worthwhile prospect in the 1st and on Dexter Pittman so far in the 2nd. Can we please draft the only white boy worth anything and get Jeff Foote with #55? I'd bet my left nad he'll be 10x the player Haywood Workboy will be.

P.S.-I'm white so I can say this.

I'll have talked myself into Hayward tomorrow, but all I can say is KOC is really, really on the hook for this pick. It's one thing to take a guy with high bust potential but a high ceiling. It's completely another thing to take a guy with high bust potential and a low ceiling.

Bagley is saying that KOC talked with DWill about Hayward before the draft and Deron was excited at the prospect. Go figure.

It isn't just the pick. I have no idea if the kid will make it or not. The problem I have is the Jazz are doing nothing else. While Portland, OKC continue to at least try to get better. Just do something else. I hope the Jazz get a shot a Jerome Jordan or Tillman or Alabai.

Really cannot believe Jazz have made no trades at all. I figured at least we'd get a second first rounder or a little movement in the second round. But hell if Willie Warren slips I'll be OK.

Now that I'm over my pissiness about the pick, I will give Hayward the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what happens. On it's face, however, this is a wasted pick. They've pulled some boners in the past and some brilliancy, so I'll let the odds play out.

Well this was a waste of a night. Perhaps the most disappointing draft in a long time. I cannot believe I stayed up and watched the whole thing. I hope Hayward can play because it look like the Jazz really screwed up not getting a big man considering it was a huge need.

Did anyone hear what Stern said to the guy when he got up on stage? "Nice family you got there." Jazz just fit the stereotype of drafting a questionable white guy and Stern enforced it with the 'Utah is a great place to raise a family' bit. That's what it seemed like to me. Toasty.

The Jazz should have drafted Udoh for Golden State and had Golden State draft for the Jazz. The Jazz could have gotten Aminu or Monroe this way.

Now that I'm over my pissiness about the pick, I will give Hayward the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what happens. On it's face, however, this is a wasted pick. They've pulled some boners in the past and some brilliancy, so I'll let the odds play out.
You must have seen the pic of Malone's draft night.

malone.jpg