What's new

Official Draft Thread

The Jazz should have drafted Udoh for Golden State and had Golden State draft for the Jazz. The Jazz could have gotten Aminu or Monroe this way.

Yeah, it's too bad the thought never crossed their mind.

They are definitely talented. Whether they will ever be able to perform well at the NBA level I'm not sure...I still think Koufus will turn into a nice rotation big, but Fes seems like he will never "get it".

Whoops.

We missed out on any worthwhile prospect in the 1st and on Dexter Pittman so far in the 2nd. Can we please draft the only white boy worth anything and get Jeff Foote with #55? I'd bet my left nad he'll be 10x the player Haywood Workboy will be.

P.S.-I'm white so I can say this.

I know you were upset, but Jeff Foote? Really?

The really amazing thing is how unanimous the board was on the need to draft Paul George. I always thought the "I would have drafted Paul George" people were just talking out of their ***, but it appears that almost everybody agreed that he was the pick there from the moment our position was announced. It would probably be wise for Jazz brass to consult with the fans on this board before pulling the trigger.

The really amazing thing is how unanimous the board was on the need to draft Paul George. I always thought the "I would have drafted Paul George" people were just talking out of their ***, but it appears that almost everybody agreed that he was the pick there from the moment our position was announced. It would probably be wise for Jazz brass to consult with the fans on this board before pulling the trigger.

Johnny Kerr: “If a coach starts listening to fans, he winds up sitting next to them.”

Thanks. I remember in very early mocks, Whiteside was top-10 and then he started to slide. Thought he would be good value and was very surprised to see him drop into the 2nd round.

I made a couple of other calls: one good, one bad. I was on record saying Aldrich would be a bust. But then I went with Babbitt for awhile before settling on Xavier Henry as my favorite at #9.

Was calling to draft Whiteside a good call?

He sucked in his first stint. He wasn't mature enough and needed a wake up call.

Was calling to draft Whiteside a good call?

He sucked in his first stint. He wasn't mature enough and needed a wake up call.
Or maybe he just needed good coaching. Sacramento was one of the worst places for him to go. I'm sure he benefited a great deal from having Cousins as a "mentor" and being in a culture of losing. At the time, at least, he would have been coached by Jerry Sloan and been on a winning team. Would the no-nonsense approach of Sloan have been enough, or would he still have needed his career to derail? In hindsight, though, Utah would have eventually become a terrible situation after the Deron/Sloan debacle.