What's new

Official Fire Robert Anae Thread

David Stern

First of all, yes, BYU sucks. Really bad in fact. Second of all, Fire Robert Anae tonight please. The only reason he was any good was because he had two really smart QBs who could audible out of his horrible playcalling. I don't think the guy has tried a different game plan in the last three years.

Also, Shane Hunter sucks really bad.

First of all, yes, BYU sucks. Really bad in fact. Second of all, Fire Robert Anae tonight please. The only reason he was any good was because he had two really smart QBs who could audible out of his horrible playcalling. I don't think the guy has tried a different game plan in the last three years.

Also, Shane Hunter sucks really bad.

I hear Hoovers suck good.

I think BYU should go after Ludwig or Crowton.

I don't think it's Robert's fault as much as BYU's receivers. They are seriously the worst division one WR I've ever seen. They can't catch a pass that's thrown right at them, and it the ball is a little off, good night cause there's no way in hell there gonna make a play on it.

BYU needs to clean house in their coaching ranks. It starts with Bronco and goes downhill along the chain of command. Replacing Anae will do nothing because Bronco will still be at the helm.

And yes, BYU sucks. Trout is going to be owing a lot of money this year.

It's funny how fast BYU fans jump ship on their coach, especially one with a top ten all time starting winning percentage. Pretty vacuous, eh?

Yea...Because Anai is in charge of that pathetic defense. LMAO.

The only reason that game stayed at 31 is because Utah State decided to try and preserve the win and did not keep with the game plan that got them up 31-3.

It's funny how fast BYU fans jump ship on their coach, especially one with a top ten all time starting winning percentage. Pretty vacuous, eh?

I've been saying that Bronco has to go for at least two years now. There is nothing "fast" about my position. I've said all along that he is to BYU what McBride was to Utah. A decent coach to get your program out of the dregs but will never take you to the next level.

Great, you win 10 games every year but can't make it past the Las Vegas Bowl and your teams have a tendency to fold in big games. Would Ute fans be satisfied with this? BYU fans are retarded if the settle for Bronco just because he has a high winning percentage.

EDIT: Gives Utah fans 2 posts before someone "edits" what I said above.

Is coaching and playcalling a problem? Certainly, but IMO here's the real problem at BYU: Bronco, Holmoe and the entire football staff is responsible to have the ability to plan ahead for their program. It was no secret the day was coming when BYU would no longer have Max Hall, Dennis Pitta, Harvey Unga, and so on and so on. While Unga leaving was a suprise, I still don't cut Bronco any slack on that because the smart money was probably on him leaving a year early anyway.

BYU literally did NOTHING in terms of having a plan in place when it came to bridgeing the gap between the Max Hall era and the Jake Heaps era. I can't believe that Bronco is getting caught with his pants down at this point and time. He's been at BYU long enough that this should have never happened. Couple that with the fact that all sorts of eyes are going to be on BYU next year when the go independent.

In all honesty, I don't think they'll be much better next year. Yes your youth will have more experience, but what good is experience if it is simply not that talented. This team isn't just young, it's completely void of talent.

Another problem is this team doesn't care. You can tell they don't care. How the **** does a coach fix that? Ideally, you weed them out in recruiting or in practice. If he can't seem to identify competitors with even minimal talent, he's terrible, and if he really doesn't have players with talent and competitiveness, he's a horrible, horrible recruiter.

Anae needs to get some tapes of Oregon and Boise St to inject some creativity into their offense. But he's one of the least of BYU's concerns right now.

Who the hell is their WR coach?

Who the hell is the Defensive Coordinator?

Why is their recruiting so bad?

And why are there so many fatties on their team? Seriously, their best lineman looks like a sumo wrestler. That won't do against athletic defenses.

In general, I consider WR coaching, recruiting, defensive coordinating, and even training as bigger concerns over Anae's playcalling. You just aren't going to win games when your WRs cannot catch, defense cannot stop anything, recruiting is worse than Utah St, and your offensive line cannot stay with blocks because of their enormous guts.

I don't know of any coach that could win substantially more with this young roster.

I want Bronco to change his attitude. Football is his #1 priority not seminary.
I'm ok with it but I know other alumni are not and it's only a matter of time. Being nice and running a clean program can only take you so far but especially so when you have a young roster.

I don't have a big problem with BYU fan using youth as an excuse because that team certainly is very young. My problem is that none of them were saying that to begin the season. All the trash talk was how BYU was going to be just fine and would be better than Utah. Now we're hearing stuff like "well you can't win with all that youth".

Weak.