What's new

Official Jazz Awards?

Which forum should I post it in?

I wanna do the Jazz forum because it's clearly the best, and the most active of the boards.

But it definitely seems like a "General Jazzfanz" kind of thing.

May be wait a bit until the BAWSE Fantasy bball finishes, then hopefully we'll have a "dry spell" and we can just post whatever in the Jazz forum....

I'd say post in Jazz forum. There's really nothing to talk about anyway and the worst that happens is it gets moved .. and by then at least many will know it's there.

Funniest poster

Biggest troll

Best thread creater

Most hated poster
Biggest douche
Poster that this site would be better off without
Poster you'd most like to see get raped by a pack of rabid dogs

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];640459 said:
Poster who is the clearest manifestation of the decline of the board...

There are three clear candidates.

Nominees, please!

Nominees, please!

PKM - a college guru becomes prince of the board. A clear sign of a message board for a losing team, since PKM's rise can only be attributed to a message board community which is NOT as interested in current roster function as it is interested in young boys they might be lucky enough to draft. PKM replaces the likes of NBA gurus like vslice, Kenwood, Bodhi, and others.

Cyrone Torbin - uses the collapse of the old board as an opportunity to launch himself into the busiest career of posting in jazzfanz history (until he pouted when he was surpassed by PKM). While he has had some insightful analyses of games, he's always been poor at research and many of his good analyses have been lucky results of his tendency to be a contrarion. In other words, breaking with group-think has its lucky hits. He's been an unapologetic bully, who was stupid enough to let rep get to his head. Cy was simply noisy enough to alter the board; and this noise was always a reaction to the easy targets message boards create (by definition of their existence).

UGLI baby - becomes the frat boy jester of the board. Is ten leagues below our former superstar UtahBoozer (UB). Those were big shoes to fill, but UGLI didn't come close, and in his whiffff, he created the new mode of humor and trolling. Seriously, how much has become derivative of his style?

Honorable mentions:
Hotttnickkk: my feelings are probably well-enough documented. Weakest poster to ever reach 10,000 (and he was no doubt fueled by UGLI's promotion).

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size]:
Easily the best username in board history. That said, his attempt at re-branding himself falls flat on the same ground which his previous identity collapsed. His failure is his ultimate success: he draws accurate historical parallels, and dies on the same loop: Cy, hotttnickkk. He mimics the douche-ness of Trout, his former heckler, to bring it all together.

Adios.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];640468 said:
PKM - a college guru becomes prince of the board. A clear sign of a message board for a losing team, since PKM's rise can only be attributed to a message board community which is NOT as interested in current roster function as it is interested in young boys they might be lucky enough to draft. PKM replaces the likes of NBA gurus like vslice, Kenwood, Bodhi, and others.

Cyrone Torbin - uses the collapse of the old board as an opportunity to launch himself into the busiest career of posting in jazzfanz history (until he pouted when he was surpassed by PKM). While he has had some insightful analyses of games, he's always been poor at research and many of his good analyses have been lucky results of his tendency to be a contrarion. In other words, breaking with group-think has its lucky hits. He's been an unapologetic bully, who was stupid enough to let rep get to his head. Cy was simply noisy enough to alter the board; and this noise was always a reaction to the easy targets message boards create (by definition of their existence).

UGLI baby - becomes the frat boy jester of the board. Is ten leagues below our former superstar UtahBoozer (UB). Those were big shoes to fill, but UGLI didn't come close, and in his whiffff, he created the new mode of humor and trolling. Seriously, how much has become derivative of his style?

Honorable mentions:
Hotttnickkk: my feelings are probably well-enough documented. Weakest poster to ever reach 10,000 (and he was no doubt fueled by UGLI's promotion).

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size]:
Easily the best username in board history. That said, his attempt at re-branding himself falls flat on the same ground which is previous identity collapsed. His failure is his ultimate success: he draws accurate historical parallels, and dies on the same loop: Cy, hotttnickkk. He mimics the douche-ness of Trout, his former heckler, to bring it all together.

Adios.

Well I had the 3 names guessed correctly.

As for my piece. I in no way 'replaced' anyone. And certainly not vslice or Bodhi. Vslice is the best poster here at breaking down the games and I enjoy his every post, albeit few and far between. Bodhi is just a real solid poster and enjoy each of his posts as well.

Just because the draftees threads are huge does not constitute a board more interested in the draft than the team... it just provides more year round talk. I see it as a positive for the board, not a negative.

As for you.. I liked your old personna much better. I preferred the obnoxious intellectual elitist to the butt-hurt dude. <--------- meant as a compliment, actually.

PKM -

Your insight has been great. It's how the community of members has elevated THE TYPE OF INFO YOU PROVIDE relative to NBA INFO... that's what I'm citing as evidence of decline. You're definitely a great poster (but you also insert thousands of fillers). You didn't consciously replace anyone; college info replaced NBA info, and you rode in on that wave.

Last edited:
[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];640499 said:
Yet more evidence for my claims. Thanks for the robust comment.

You just stated your opinion in an overly important way. That isn't evidence. It's the off-season and the board is probably more active than it has ever been given it's the worst basketball month of the year.

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];640521 said:
Activity = getting better

Stellar.

You are right. I forgot you started posting, making the board more active, yet making it worse.

And yes, during the off-season more activity generally does make reading the board more fun and interesting. I don't expect anyone to be dropping hot basketball knowledge that is going to blow my mind, but it is nice to see some people still talking about something.