What's new

Official Raja is a useless loser club

That sad thing is Raja is the only real 2 on the team. Hayward and Miles are both 3s, and Ronnie is a PG.

Great roster.

qwestrajalunch_140x125.png

Enter to win, you can tell Raja about the new club

Can you imagine Deron's horror when he brings the ball up and sees Raja on one side and AK on the other. He might as well shoot every time.

Its like going to a brothel and walking and only finding the big one and the old one. I shudder to think...

What the most astonishing thing to me is that I thought Bell's career was over from whatever injury he had one whatever team he was on prior to coming to Utah... He was over the hill 4 years ago! He wasn't even good on the suns. Tackling Kobe, while very entertaining, was the closest he got to stopping him that series.

I'm very interested to see what the front office does with this steaming pile of uselessnes.

However, this club is filling up nicely! I am willing to make t-shirts for anyone who wants one! All I need is someone to design one and we can all decide on the official T-Shirt. I got peoples in the screen printing biz... When I say anyone that means as many as like two hundred bucks will buy :)

Holla!

F- Bell!

That sad thing is Raja is the only real 2 on the team. Hayward and Miles are both 3s, and Ronnie is a PG.

Great roster.

The sadder thing is that last season we had 3 real SGs in Brewer, Matthews and Korver. Now we don't even have half an SG.

And honestly just how much money is Greg Miller saving by having Raja instead of Brewer? Remember the reason we dumped Brewer in the first place was to "save" money. At this point I'm pretty sure most of us would prefer to have Brewer than Raja. Not to mention his chemistry and friendship with the rest(Deron). Bad bad decision making by the FO with regards to the 2 spot.

For as much as they are paying Raja and Hayward, they could have kept Matthews, who is way better than both of them combined. Bad bad decision.

For as much as they are paying Raja and Hayward, they could have kept Matthews, who is way better than both of them combined. Bad bad decision.

Actually this is not true, when you add all the up front money he got he does make more than both of them, but Hayward was a draft pick so unless we traded it we were going to pay someone the same amount of money. Matthews is 3 years ahead of Hayward so we will see where he is then.

The reason we got Bell was because we didn't want to "overpay" Matthews. A lot of us thought it might be a wash, at least for this season, even me who is a big Matthews homer, though in my mind it was big long-term mistake. How wrong we were; it was a big mistake period.

Ah should've found this thread instead of posting what I did in the game thread.

If it is an ego or some kinda leadership vet issue just look at Duncan he and Bell are both 34 and Duncan (around 26-27min) is averaging less minutes then Bell is, I'm trying to look at this rationally and solution oriented as I can.

Next home game a fan should have a sign "Jerry please stop making us hate Bell, signed All Jazz Fanz" and then another fan can take one for the team and be wearing the opposing team's jersey and have a sign that says "Jerry please play Bell more, signed opposing fans everywhere".

Did the Jazz just miss on an opportunity?
Utah Flash guard Orien Greene is expected to be signed by the New Jersey Nets to a 10-day contract.

The 6-foot-4, 210-pound Greene has averaged 18 points, 5.1 rebounds and 5.1 assists during 24 games (all starts) with the Flash. He is shooting 45.8 percent from the field and 37 percent behind the 3-point line.

Sure he is a D-Leaguer, but is he any worse than the only sg on the Jazz roster?

Raja is great at hitting free throws. He's automatic just like Korver was which is crucial in close games.

Raja is great at hitting free throws. He's automatic just like Korver was which is crucial in close games.

Agreed. He should play the last 90 seconds in close games where we are ahead by 5 or so, just to close it out. And that's about it.

I think the name needs some tweaking, but I believe in what you stand for. I'd like to join.

I am not too down on Bell. He finds himself in a Fisher-like situation back in 2006-07. Forced to play good mins at SG for lack of clear better options and trying his best despite his limitations. You can see that he atleast does a few things well like chasing guys around screens, taking charges despte being banged up, making FTs and so on.. He brings some of the same intangibles that Fisher brought and like Fisher is a decent defender, albeit with better size. If he can get his shooting rhythm going a bit(after all he played only 6 games last year) he will be better. I never believed the Bruce Bowen BS KOC was serving up though. Bell was never quite as good, even when healthy. He was overrated a bit on defense.
Bowen was bigger, had better lateral quickness and was really the best perimeter defender by a mile.

Bell's predicament is telling of the job the FO has done in shoring up the SG spot these past few years.Mostly band-aid work. By committee.
But unlike Fisher ,Bell has a 3-yr contract and that is quite the catch here.

I am not too down on Bell. He finds himself in a Fisher-like situation back in 2006-07. Forced to play good mins at SG for lack of clear better options and trying his best despite his limitations. You can see that he atleast does a few things well like chasing guys around screens, taking charges despte being banged up, making FTs and so on.. He brings some of the same intangibles that Fisher brought and like Fisher is a decent defender, albeit with better size. If he can get his shooting rhythm going a bit(after all he played only 6 games last year) he will be better. I never believed the Bruce Bowen BS KOC was serving up though. Bell was never quite as good, even when healthy. He was overrated a bit on defense.
Bowen was bigger, had better lateral quickness and was really the best perimeter defender by a mile.

Bell's predicament is telling of the job the FO has done in shoring up the SG spot these past few years.Mostly band-aid work. By committee.
But unlike Fisher ,Bell has a 3-yr contract and that is quite the catch here.

Bell is having a historically bad offensive season. As of today, per minute, out of 41 qualified 2's, Bell ranks 39th in scoring, 36th in assists, 36th in rebounds, 27th in steals, and he is 65th of 70 2's listed for PER.

I'm not sure if Bowen in his prime is worth keeping on the floor with those numbers. And Bell is miles from Bowen. The idea he just needs to improve his shooting is silly. Bell has zero court vision, can't rebound, can't drive, and kills the offense. There is no justification for giving Bell 30 minutes. And his defense is barely good enough to justify 20.

Bell is having a historically bad offensive season. As of today, per minute, out of 41 qualified 2's, Bell ranks 39th in scoring, 36th in assists, 36th in rebounds, 27th in steals, and he is 65th of 70 2's listed for PER.

I'm not sure if Bowen in his prime is worth keeping on the floor with those numbers. And Bell is miles from Bowen. The idea he just needs to improve his shooting is silly. Bell has zero court vision, can't rebound, can't drive, and kills the offense. There is no justification for giving Bell 30 minutes. And his defense is barely good enough to justify 20.

But our other "SG" is big Ronnie Price, so how many minutes do you give him? Ole Jer seems to have guys really pigeon-holed this year: AK, CJ, and GH are SF only, never getting minutes at the SG. I exaggerate some, but only slightly. To my mind we have 4 wings: with AK = CJ > GH = RB. Hayward should get at least half of the minutes that Raja gets: he showed great merit earlier when ole Jer gave him serious minutes and then it stopped. Raja has yet to show he deserves 20 minutes let alone 30. This is the old Adam Keefe David Benoit Milt Palacio syndrome again. Jerry just gets it stuck in his head that certain guys deserve pt despite all evidence to contrary. Price = 0 and should get few if any minutes.

Our SG of Bell and Price has got to be one of the worst tandems of all time in this league.