What's new

Official "Rubio hip injury watch" thread

Nah, he was homesick. Hanging out in Zion National Park is as close to being in Europe with actual Europeans as you can get on this side of the ocean. English is like the fourth most common language there.
Wait, are we talking about Rubio? Sorry. I thought we were talking about Kawhi. Confusing my threads.

I'll say what everyone else was thinking when they read this thread. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This thread today:

giphy.gif

This thread if it happened a month ago:

giphy.gif

What is our winning percentage without Rubio this season?

please let ricky's return be the last-month-ricky and not the 2-months-ago ricky

I don't think Neto can make an impact against Portland but I'm hoping he steps it up. Guess we will see some AB at PG when DM isnt playing the point.

Neto is a really bad matchup against porty if he had to check Dame or CJ.

He plays good position defense but guys shoot over him like he’s not there... one of those guys has a huge night of Neto spends a lot of time on the court. He’s fine against Napier.

I can't lie, I love watching Lillard. He'll be 2x amazing if Neto is checking him. I haven't seen many guards challenge Gobert in the paint and win like he does, it's a thing of beauty. Then he jacks up a 3 and it's just center of the net. Just rips it.

Would love for Rubio to be back and slow him down a bit for the Jazz, can't make it too easy.

I don't think Neto can make an impact against Portland but I'm hoping he steps it up. Guess we will see some AB at PG when DM isnt playing the point.

Rubio didn't play against Portland two weeks ago. Neto played 14 minutes. I agree that Neto is probably not a good matchup against Portland but he can probably do about as well as last time.

Rubio didn't play against Portland two weeks ago. Neto played 14 minutes. I agree that Neto is probably not a good matchup against Portland but he can probably do about as well as last time.

Just looked at the box score... Neto gets backup minutes against Napier and does well in the game. Royce takes Rubio's minutes and I think gave CJ problems with his length and generally badassedness. Doesn't have a great shooting game but 11 rebounds and 6 assists and was a +28. CJ went 8/22 and had 5 turnovers. Some of that is the GobertFactor.

We okay... Jingles just has to light it up again.

Without Rubio, it will be interesting to see how Quin makes adjustments when PDX doubles the ball on pick and rolls like in the 4th Quarter last game. It took six minutes to adjust, and the only adjustment was not picking the ball. Hope there will be a more dynamic solution this go around, or the streak may be over.

Without Rubio, it will be interesting to see how Quin makes adjustments when PDX doubles the ball on pick and rolls like in the 4th Quarter last game. It took six minutes to adjust, and the only adjustment was not picking the ball. Hope there will be a more dynamic solution this go around, or the streak may be over.

It's hard when Mitchell struggles against it. I'm guessing they'll just run more PnR with Ingles. I wouldn't mind them running some kind of double pick action like they sometimes do, but they'd need to practice what to do to counter a double team like that. Or maybe they just help Donovan to make quicker decisions with more practice time.

Not saying Neto is crap but without Rubio guarding DL we give up alot of size and first quarter offense. Nappier can score in bunches I say keep Royce and AB on those pgs. Substitute Rubio with length and size. Heck even Jae will rough the crap out of DL lol