What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Honestly our offense has looked good. We just need to pass more on obvious run downs(or have our o-line block better). Moss can only run through so many people.

Guys, it’s been No Illinois and BYU. Nothing to this point means much. Just hope for no injuries.

I think Utah looks fantastic. Northern Illinois only had one good drive today (their second possession I believe).
Huntley looks really good. Tons of seniors everywhere.

Only thing that worries me at all is the kicker and the offensive play calling. The offensive play calling could simply be that they are holding back on the play book for conference play.

Utes looked fantastic today. Better than last week by far

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Imagine what the score would be if northern Illinois threw 2 pick 6's in this game like byu did.
Something like 49-6 or something I'm guessing.

Northern Illinois used to have a pretty good football team. I don't think they're good this year, but they're not bad.

That receiver looked legit. I dont know about his end zone "celebration" though. Their qb looked pretty decent. Theyll probably do well in the mac.

Northern Illinois used to have a pretty good football team. I don't think they're good this year, but they're not bad.
Ya im not gonna claim to know much about them but i remember them giving utah trouble recently (maybe last season?) and beating byu (also might have been last season). Seems they typically have a pretty good team based around a tough defense.

This is almost certainly utahs best team they have had since being in the pac12 and maybe their best team ever (the alex smith team with urban meyer kicked everyones *** that they played though and went undefeated so that team might be better). I know i have said it a few times already but 15 starting seniors on offense and defense is a ton of experience. They are pretty loaded.

The true test will be if and when they have a game where they get behind and have to abandon the run game and moss only gets like 10 carries while huntley has to throw 35-40 times. If they can win games like that then they might be playoff bound.

Ya im not gonna claim to know much about them but i remember them giving utah trouble recently (maybe last season?) and beating byu (also might have been last season). Seems they typically have a pretty good team based around a tough defense.

This is almost certainly utahs best team they have had since being in the pac12 and maybe their best team ever (the alex smith team with urban meyer kicked everyones *** that they played though and went undefeated so that team might be better). I know i have said it a few times already but 15 starting seniors on offense and defense is a ton of experience. They are pretty loaded.

The true test will be if and when they have a game where they get behind and have to abandon the run game and moss only gets like 10 carries while huntley has to throw 35-40 times. If they can win games like that then they might be playoff bound.
I just looked up the 2004 team again
41-21 vs texas A and M
23-6 vs arizona (in arizona)
48-6 vs utah state
49-35 vs air force
28-7 vs new mexico
46-16 vs north carolina
63-28 vs unlv
51-28 vs san diego state
63-31 vs colorado state
45-28 vs wyoming
52-21 vs byu
35-7 vs #19 pitt

That team was absolutely dominant and remember that there are probably quite a few of those games where the backups played a ton and utah stopped trying way early in the game.

I just looked up the 2004 team again
41-21 vs texas A and M
23-6 vs arizona (in arizona)
48-6 vs utah state
49-35 vs air force
28-7 vs new mexico
46-16 vs north carolina
63-28 vs unlv
51-28 vs san diego state
63-31 vs colorado state
45-28 vs wyoming
52-21 vs byu
35-7 vs #19 pitt

That team was absolutely dominant and remember that there are probably quite a few of those games where the backups played a ton and utah stopped trying way early in the game.

That was a fun year!

USC is taking it to Stanford and it looks like they found their QB. I dont want to overreact too much because Stanford D has had issues in the past... but we knew that game @USC is always tough to win regardless. It'll be a dogfight for sure.

Honestly our offense has looked good. We just need to pass more on obvious run downs(or have our o-line block better). Moss can only run through so many people.
Utah's O-line was playing without 2 starters in this game, I think it was cautionary but they said 2 guys on the O-line were dinged up and not playing Umana was one of them.

USC is taking it to Stanford and it looks like they found their QB. I dont want to overreact too much because Stanford D has had issues in the past... but we knew that game @USC is always tough to win regardless. It'll be a dogfight for sure.

All offseason, the underestimation of USC has made me queasy. We obviously won’t see much from Utah this week as they take on Idaho State but I’m absolutely convinced that the Trojans are going to be a complete handful for Utah. Any way, shape, or form Utah leaves L.A. with a win is huge.

I don't have a damn clue what is targeting. ISU guy jumps, lowers his head makes contact with his crown to Huntley's helmet as Huntley is releasing the ball and that is not targeting. About 5 plays later a Ute, Lowers his head hits the ISU QB in the chest with the crown of his helmet is still on the ground did not appear to launch just run through the hit, as the guy is releasing the ball and that is targeting.

Either both of those should be targeting or more likely the ISU one should be targeting and not the Ute one, but how the **** is the one that hits the head not and the one that doesn't is?

I don't have a damn clue what is targeting. ISU guy jumps, lowers his head makes contact with his crown to Huntley's helmet as Huntley is releasing the ball and that is not targeting. About 5 plays later a Ute, Lowers his head hits the ISU QB in the chest with the crown of his helmet is still on the ground did not appear to launch just run through the hit, as the guy is releasing the ball and that is targeting.

Either both of those should be targeting or more likely the ISU one should be targeting and not the Ute one, but how the **** is the one that hits the head not and the one that doesn't is?

Its confusing for sure.
Byu had a defensive player hit a reciever in the back with his shoulder and got called for targeting and ejected. Even after replay review. The recievers helmet wasnt even touched by anything and byu players helmet didnt touch anything. There was no contact to anyones helmet on any body part at all.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Its confusing for sure.
Byu had a defensive player hit a reciever in the back with his shoulder and got called for targeting and ejected. Even after replay review. The recievers helmet wasnt even touched by anything and byu players helmet didnt touch anything. There was no contact to anyones helmet on any body part at all.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app
Sounds like the Chase Hansen one last year. Isn't it supposed to protect from concussions? This rule either needs to be figured out or they need to explain it. Right now nobody in the world knows what is and what isn't. And that includes the damn officials.

Sounds like the Chase Hansen one last year. Isn't it supposed to protect from concussions? This rule either needs to be figured out or they need to explain it. Right now nobody in the world knows what is and what isn't. And that includes the damn officials.
Yep.
It's got to be very hard and frustrating for defensive players. How the **** are you supposed to tackle anyone anymore?