What's new

Official UofU homer thread

Anyone know about this Cameron Rising that’s transferring to Utah from Texas? All I know is he was a 4 Star recruit at qb.

Looking at his videos he looked pretty promising, just hope he doesn't expect to have the starting job handed to him after he sits out a year.

Anyone know about this Cameron Rising that’s transferring to Utah from Texas? All I know is he was a 4 Star recruit at qb.
I don't know much about him but cause I'm a dork I was excited enough to have the following 2 songs in my head when I heard he made it official (was rumored for several days if not more before hand).

Rising is trying to get a waiver to play right away. Texas cancelled his major. He may get it.

Matt Gay hitting 55 yarders already.
I heard Tom Hackett saying that the kicking game for Utah is a weakness right now.
Just remember that all kickers look good in practice.
I recall watching some NFL guys having a kicking competition between a couple of non kickers. One of them was defensive tackle Vince wilfork. 350 lb defensive tackle, and he was quite old, was hitting them from like 45 yards.

An ex high school linebacker was playing flag football in my work turkey bowl a few years ago and I saw him make a 50 harder. He was never even a high school field goal kicker.

Not saying the Ute kicker sucks or will suck, just take practice field goals with a grain of salt.

Utes do always have an amazing kicker though so I wouldn't worry too much about the kicking game either.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
I have no clue who brian swinney (maybe just a hater) but i saw this:
Brian Swinney@thebrianswinney I've got Utah 8-4, 5-4. 1st in south. OL is big concern, new OC, QB hasn't been able to stay healthy, RB coming off knee injury, best WR is coming off ACL, starting LBs are gone, starting safeties are gone, best K and P in school history are gone. Other than, everything is good.

Now the QB comment is dumb imo, just because he was injured before doesnt mean he will be again and they have good back up QB's. And im certain the ute defense will be amazing. Dude is probably just playing devils advocate or is a hater or byu fan or something. I have no idea who the dude is and dont have the twitter myself.

Edit: I actually just googled brian swinney and he seems to be a ute guy. Everything that comes up on google is about him being on 700am (utes radio channel), crimson corner (i assume that a ute thing) recruiting expert, and everything he seems to report on is either ute or pac12 related so maybe he knows stuff. Idk.

Are you confusing Jaylen Johnson the CB with Dixon? I'm talking about the WR.
Nope.
I think it was last year or the year before that a Ute wide receiver said that he was going to be the best wide receiver in the entire nation. I think it was Dixon but I could be wrong. I'm certain it was a Ute receiver though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app