What's new

Official Warrior Watch: Draft Pick and Playoff Positioning

I remember in 2012 people said that about 2013, now people are saying "wait till next year".

Really? I don't remember that. I remember the 2012 draft getting pimped quite a bit, but I remember always feeling queezy about 2013 and was part of why I wanted the GS pick last year so much.

Why is it that we always have good picks in a weak draft (2011), but crap picks in a good drafts (2012, 2014)?

Well, we did get two great pieces from 2011. I would take Kanter (#3 pick in 2011) over Beal (#3 pick in 2012), and Burks (#12 in 2011) over Lamb (#12 in 2012).

It's weak to say 'every year is suppose to be strong' .. Sure someone, every year is promoting strength, but every year, those that pay attn know how to compare that year to year's past.

'14 is monster and will go down as one of the best (at least at the top) ever.

2012 draft hasn't been that great thus far. Who is performing great in this class other than Lillard and Davis?

2011 is probably going to have a better career with guys like Fahried, Kanter, Burks, Thompson, Irving, Parsons, Butler, Walker, Knight.

2012 had some good lottery players, but nearly nothing has emerged from the non-lottery section of the draft.

2012 draft hasn't been that great thus far. Who is performing great in this class other than Lillard and Davis?

2011 is probably going to have a better career with guys like Fahried, Kanter, Burks, Thompson, Irving, Parsons, Butler, Walker, Knight.

2012 had some good lottery players, but nearly nothing has emerged from the non-lottery section of the draft.

Drummond.

Add Isiah Thomas to the 2011 list.

Based on?? WOuld love to hear a detailed explanation.

Not hating, as you'd remember I was one of his biggest supporter before the draft.

But if you go back and look at the various mock drafts prior to 2011 draft, you'd see Kanter around the 5-7th picks. Then you have guys started dropping out. Barnes, Perry Jones, Sullinger, etc. Then in 2012 you have other talents as well. I'm just basing my (rough) conclusion on that simple analysis.

Not hating, as you'd remember I was one of his biggest supporter before the draft.

But if you go back and look at the various mock drafts prior to 2011 draft, you'd see Kanter around the 5-7th picks. Then you have guys started dropping out. Barnes, Perry Jones, Sullinger, etc. Then in 2012 you have other talents as well. I'm just basing my (rough) conclusion on that simple analysis.

This may or may not be true. But keep in mind that's without Kanter playing. If he had been able to play for UK, I really doubt he would have fallen to 3 for us.