What's new

Offseason Plan + Lauri Thread

It would be hard to be a Jazz fan if you don't want them to tank next season. In fact, there isn't a better year to sit players and play all the rookies. There is generational talent in 2025 and I would be absolutely dumbfounded if we decided to coast to another 8-9 pick.

For Lauri, I would tell him straight up what the plan is. We want to lose. We want you here but if you'd like to go on, we can make that happen.

I'm for tanking for Cooper Flagg. Trade who you have to trade, let Lofton be the star of the team. Lol. If we got Sarr this year that would be great too.

I'm already envisioning Sarr, Lofton, and Flagg wreaking havoc on teams.

If you are tanking next year and want a top pick. You have to give Lauri a choice if he wants to be traded or endure another tank season. Personally I still think it's a dumb idea, but it also depends on what trades come around or FA's.

We are in a position to be flexible fortunately.

If they keep Lauri,make it a developmental season and run him with lot of plays he needs to improve. Start Kenny with him to have enough playmaking. Keep THT in the team, to enter him whenever the team is winning. Sorry, Cy.

There's this great Italian out of Detroit who only has two years of experience. High level shooter and solid defender with good size. I would sign him
I agree with that. There also 2 others players, one big in Minny who may be DPOY this year and one elite shooter who will not extend with the Cavs. 2 good targets to chase :)

That's what the money is for. Once he signs I wouldn't blame him for asking out (should we tank next season). Get his money first though. Only way he asks out is if he gets word another team with space would renegotiate and extend his deal. Houston and OKC could both do it.

I have a feeling before OKC starts making big trades to get their 2nd and 3rd stars and pair them with SGA Presti wants to first watch and see how far OKC makes this years NBA playoffs.
Of course salary cap and cap space are huge factors in possible Lauri trade.

Lauri hasn't ever played even 70 games in NBA so even that is causing some questions is there any sense for OKC to even go all in for Lauri into trade market.
That's for sure if Lauri hasn't signed any extension with the Jazz before next season or during next season then it is possible trade rumors for Lauri
are getting more and serious heat when next trade deadline approaches.

Last edited:
Plain and simple.
If Jazz management wants to maxime all possible odds and chances to get TOP3 lottery pick 2025 and 2026 NBA drafts that requires hard and heavy tanking.

And to make that happen means Jazz have to get rid Collins, Clarkson, Sexton and Lauri at least.
Trading Walker Kessler should be under considerations too if Kessler struggles his 3rd year like he did this year.

Those trades will make Jazz absolute hot garbage so bottom 3 / bottom 5 position in western conference should be really likely after those moves.
But can Salt Like City stand together with 2 losing teams if Arizona Coyotes relocation really happens as rumored.

I hope they try to be as good as they can be and fight for a playoff spot. If the off-season clearly indicates we will not try to be competitive, at least I can use that as an excuse to tell NBA to **** off since they don't support playback on Linux and cancel my league pass.

I hope they try to be as good as they can be and fight for a playoff spot. If the off-season clearly indicates we will not try to be competitive, at least I can use that as an excuse to tell NBA to **** off since they don't support playback on Linux and cancel my league pass.
I wouldn't expect nothing from Coyotes in NHL next season if i was you.
Coyotes have been biggest laughing stock and joke of entire NHL last 26-28 years.
They are stuck in rebuild limbo but they have drafted well last years in NHL so there is some hope for Coyotes but how seriously you can say the same about Jazz?

It would be hard to be a Jazz fan if you don't want them to tank next season. In fact, there isn't a better year to sit players and play all the rookies. There is generational talent in 2025 and I would be absolutely dumbfounded if we decided to coast to another 8-9 pick.

For Lauri, I would tell him straight up what the plan is. We want to lose. We want you here but if you'd like to go on, we can make that happen.
The 2025 draft is looking like it will be ridiculously good in the top 4-5. We need to do what we can to get in the top 5 I’m afraid. I think you can do it (well give yourself a chance) with Lauri if you trade Sexton and Kessler for young players/picks. Collins can likely stick around as vet leader and not hurt us much.

If we need to move Lauri I have made peace with that too. I think I am team tank.

Jazz were the #1 seed with a bunch of the same players and literally blew it all up less than 2 years later. I’m not counting on the Cavs and Wolves to implode, but I’m not counting it out either.
Jazz tore their team down. They could have been a top 6 seed again if they wanted to be. It's not really a comparable situation. The Wolves/Cavs arent going to tear their team down if they dont own their own picks.

Ya Tony Jones was on the radio yesterday and he was talking about that draft and saying the jazz should tank. Like he made it sound like if you get a top 5 pick in 2025 then you automatically get a hall of famer. (I'm being a tiny bit hyperbolic but that's close to what he said)

I HATE tanking but trading Lauri this off season and tanking the **** outta next year might be the best way to go.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

There's great talent. I dont know if I would call Flagg or Bailey generational. Maybe Flagg could be, but far from guaranteed in my eyes.

There's great talent. I dont know if I would call Flagg or Bailey generational. Maybe Flagg could be, but far from guaranteed in my eyes.
You should have heard Tony Jones on the radio yesterday talking about the 2025 draft.

Thy Jazz must endeavor to license more “strip-club” establishments that provide lascivious mirth and levity in the form of beings with large gametes undressing, so as to make Salt Lake City a most enticing destination for potential free agents.

Ya Tony Jones was on the radio yesterday and he was talking about that draft and saying the jazz should tank. Like he made it sound like if you get a top 5 pick in 2025 then you automatically get a hall of famer. (I'm being a tiny bit hyperbolic but that's close to what he said)

I HATE tanking but trading Lauri this off season and tanking the **** outta next year might be the best way to go.

View it as less tanking and more full player development. If we go that route then you can expect Hendricks, Key, Brice, Kessler and whoever we take at 8 to all get at least 25 minutes a game. As long as there are players that you view as possible building blocks then it is still entertaining. The only time that tanks get really painful is when a team has only 1 or 2 guys that could be part of the future. We saw that with OKC and the rockets a few years back.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't see any generational guys but those are few and far between. Quite a few guys though with solid all star type of potential.

You should have heard Tony Jones on the radio yesterday talking about the 2025 draft.

From what I'm seeing the 2025 draft looks to be deep with all star level talent, but doesn't have the superstar top end that people think of with great drafts. I think 2026 with Dybantsa and Boozer is that top end talent that people associate with an amazing draft. From what I understand both of those guys would go ahead of anybody in the 2025 draft.