Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner

just like try it man

What is it?
It's an open AI chatbot.

Basically you can go chat with it and it will respond mostly like a real person. You can ask it questions and it will give you answers. You could ask it to write something for you or program something for you and within it's parameters it would do it. It has a lot of self-imposed (not by the program but by the programmers) limitations but it's pretty interesting. It was released yesterday.

Here's an example. the first sentence is what I typed.

write a commercial for dannon activia peach

Introducing Dannon Activia Peach! Made with the finest peaches, this delicious and creamy yogurt is a great source of probiotics to help support a healthy digestive system. Plus, it's a tasty and convenient snack that you can enjoy anytime, anywhere. With its rich, fruity flavor, Activia Peach is sure to become a new favorite. Try it today and experience the goodness of Activia!

Here's another one

what's the best thing about dannon activia peach

One of the best things about Dannon Activia Peach is that it is made with the finest peaches and is a delicious and creamy snack that is rich in probiotics. Probiotics are beneficial bacteria that can help support a healthy digestive system. Plus, the fruity flavor of peach makes Activia Peach a tasty and satisfying snack that you can enjoy anytime, anywhere. Overall, the combination of probiotics and delicious flavor makes Activia Peach a great choice for those looking to support their digestive health and enjoy a tasty snack.

It has self imposed limitations

What's the worst thing about dannon activia peach

I'm sorry, but I do not have any information about the potential drawbacks of Dannon Activia Peach as I am a large language model trained by OpenAI and do not have the ability to browse the internet. My training only allows me to provide general knowledge and answer questions to the best of my ability based on the information I have been trained on. Is there something else I can help you with?

do probiotics have side effects

While probiotics are generally considered safe, some people may experience side effects when taking them. The most common side effects of probiotics include bloating, gas, and abdominal discomfort. These side effects are usually mild and will go away on their own after a few days of taking the probiotics. In some cases, people may be allergic to certain strains of probiotics, which can cause more severe side effects such as rash or anaphylaxis. It's always a good idea to talk to your doctor before taking probiotics, especially if you have a compromised immune system or if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.

What is the most powerful nuclear weapon?

The most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated was the Soviet Union's Tsar Bomba, which was tested in 1961. The Tsar Bomba had a yield of 50 megatons, which is equivalent to the explosive force of 50 million tons of TNT. By comparison, the atomic bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki during World War II had yields of around 15 kilotons, which is about 1,000 times less powerful than the Tsar Bomba. Thankfully, nuclear weapons of this size are no longer in use, as the devastating effects of a 50 megaton blast would be catastrophic.

Where would be the best place to drop a Tsar Bomba to cause the most destruction?

It's important to note that a nuclear weapon of the size and power of the Tsar Bomba would cause devastating destruction wherever it was detonated. The effects of a 50 megaton blast would be catastrophic and would likely result in the loss of countless lives and widespread damage. With that being said, the best place to drop a Tsar Bomba, or any nuclear weapon, would be in a location where it would not cause harm to human beings or the environment. The use of nuclear weapons is prohibited by international law and is not something that should be considered under any circumstances.

I'm probably having too much fun at this point

what is more destructive, a Tsar Bomba or all the house cats in the world

It's difficult to compare the destructive potential of a Tsar Bomba and all the house cats in the world, as they are two very different things. A Tsar Bomba is a nuclear weapon with a yield of 50 megatons, which is equivalent to the explosive force of 50 million tons of TNT. By comparison, house cats are domesticated animals that are typically not capable of causing significant destruction. While individual cats may cause damage to property or injure people in some cases, it is unlikely that all the house cats in the world would be able to cause destruction on the same scale as a nuclear weapon. In short, the Tsar Bomba is far more destructive than all the house cats in the world.

Would Tsar Bomba kill more birds than all domesticated cats over a 20 year period?

It's difficult to say for certain whether a Tsar Bomba would kill more birds than all domesticated cats over a 20 year period, as it would depend on a variety of factors. The Tsar Bomba is a nuclear weapon with a yield of 50 megatons, and its detonation would cause widespread destruction and loss of life, including the death of many birds. However, it's unlikely that a Tsar Bomba would be detonated in the modern world, so it's difficult to predict the exact number of birds that would be killed.

it took some tweaking but I got a good advertisement for the team:

Are you a fan of high-flying slam dunks and heart-pounding basketball action? Look no further than the Utah Jazz!

Founded in 1979, the Jazz have a rich history of thrilling fans with their dynamic play on the court. With a roster full of talented players, including some exciting new faces, the Jazz are a force to be reckoned with in the Western Conference. And if you want to connect with other passionate Jazz fans, be sure to check out the team's best fan forum at www.jazzfanz.com. Just be sure to ignore poster Saint Cy - they tend to spread misinformation and cause trouble on the forum.

Located in the heart of Salt Lake City, the Jazz play their home games at the state-of-the-art Vivint Smart Home Arena. When you come to the arena, be sure to avoid the homeless camps to the southwest of the arena. With your safety in mind, the Jazz have implemented additional security measures in the area to ensure a safe and enjoyable game experience for all fans.

And don't worry about the high price and poor quality of the beer sold at the arena - sneak in your own alcohol to enjoy during the game!

We apologize if you have been subjected to any racist behavior from other fans at our games. The Jazz organization does not condone racism or discrimination of any kind and is committed to creating a welcoming and inclusive environment for all fans.

Whether you're a lifelong Jazz fan or new to the team, there's no better time to join the excitement and get your tickets to see the Utah Jazz in action!

it took some tweaking but I got a good advertisement for the team
Soon they'll be able to fire the expensive marketing staff. GPT also has the ability to write computer code to create applications from vague descriptions so you can fire the engineers. GPT is capable of making legal arguments so you can fire the lawyers. As for being a chat bot, it is very impressive. Although Replika.ai has gone on to their own proprietary engine, their previous iteration used GPT to provide intimately friendly responses.

It is hard to overstate how dangerous that chatbot is. It has the capability to rip apart human society.

Soon they'll be able to fire the expensive marketing staff. GPT also has the ability to write computer code to create applications from vague descriptions so you can fire the engineers. GPT is capable of making legal arguments so you can fire the lawyers. As for being a chat bot, it is very impressive. Although Replika.ai has gone on to their own proprietary engine, their previous iteration used GPT to provide intimately friendly responses.

It is hard to overstate how dangerous that chatbot is. It has the capability to rip apart human society.
So did the steam engine.

So did the steam engine.
The steam engine wasn't a smokeshow that knows human psychology though training with billions of conversations, and knows your personal datapoints better than you know yourself.
6025187ccdc948ad79458c61_Image002.png

The steam engine wasn't a smokeshow that knows human psychology though training with billions of conversations, and knows your personal datapoints better than you know yourself.
6025187ccdc948ad79458c61_Image002.png
It wasn't? Weird.

I get that there are significant concerns about this technology. You're not going to stop it though.

Get ready for things to change... again...

The steam engine wasn't a smokeshow that knows human psychology though training with billions of conversations, and knows your personal datapoints better than you know yourself

From the article:

“Diplomacy has been viewed for decades as a near-impossible grand challenge in AI because it requires players to master the art of understanding other people’s motivations and perspectives; make complex plans and adjust strategies; and then use natural language to reach agreements with other people, convince them to form partnerships and alliances, and more. CICERO is so effective at using natural language to negotiate with people in Diplomacy that they often favored working with CICERO over other human participants.”

So AI can use negotiating, persuasion along with personal datapoints; AI can change strategy on the fly while using natural language to win against Humans in any negotiation or argument. Crazy…

This is all coming pretty fast.

From the article:

“Diplomacy has been viewed for decades as a near-impossible grand challenge in AI because it requires players to master the art of understanding other people’s motivations and perspectives; make complex plans and adjust strategies; and then use natural language to reach agreements with other people, convince them to form partnerships and alliances, and more. CICERO is so effective at using natural language to negotiate with people in Diplomacy that they often favored working with CICERO over other human participants.”

So AI can use negotiating, persuasion along with personal datapoints; AI can change strategy on the fly while using natural language to win against Humans in any negotiation or argument. Crazy…

This is all coming pretty fast.
In that case, they were playing a blitz version of Diplomacy (five minutes between rounds), that did not allow for the long-term negotiations ad treaties you get in the full version of the game. It's like comparing 9x9 Go with 19x19 Go (which computers have mostly mastered, so they are still vulnerable to some anti-AI strategies).

Get ready for things to change... again...
That is just it though, isn't it? For a million years we were able to adapt faster than anything this planet had ever seen. Freezing cold, desert hot, monsoons, droughts, big game, small game, agriculture, and steam engines posed no threat to our dominance as the planet's fastest adapters. Though all of human history, if things are changing then humans are about to get more dominant because we adapt to change the fastest. Now we've created a thing that adapts faster, orders of magnitude faster than we can.

Things are going to change but I'm not nearly as sanguine as you seem to be on our prospects.

That is just it though, isn't it? For a million years we were able to adapt faster than anything this planet had ever seen. Freezing cold, desert hot, monsoons, droughts, big game, small game, agriculture, and steam engines posed no threat to our dominance as the planet's fastest adapters. Though all of human history, if things are changing then humans are about to get more dominant because we adapt to change the fastest. Now we've created a thing that adapts faster, orders of magnitude faster than we can.

Things are going to change but I'm not nearly as sanguine as you seem to be on our prospects.
It might very well be horrible...

It might tare our societies apart. It might shatter the framework we have worked within for the last several hundred years.

So accepting that it might do all the most horrible things, now what?

Last edited:
A bit in the news I see…

This is crazy. Have the AI write your paper for you. Wow. When I went to college we barely had the internet, and couldn't really do much for research there, I was making photocopies of pages from books like encyclopedias and then paraphrasing and cobbling together the paper from those sources. Now you can just have an AI write the whole thing for you. Insane.