What's new

Oregon State @ Utah

That's what Ute fans were saying last year, right before they stormed the field three times. Not buying it.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice getting a win as we head into the 2 year hiatus, but other than that, it doesn't mean much. Utah beat them last year and still finished 5-7. I'm over the whole match-up and am actually interested to see how both teams do over the next 2 years without each other.

I'm having a hard time getting excited for the Holy War. Even if Utah wins (a big "if" at this point), it doesn't look they're going to be winning many PAC 12 games yet again.

I know this sounds like smack talk, but Im over beating BYU. They've done it 7 of the last 10 and other than bragging rights, it means next to nothing. Start winning games in your own conference for hells sakes.

That's what Ute fans were saying last year, right before they stormed the field three times. Not buying it.

Also it is just Monday and speaking from a position of calm and rational and at least for me as the week moves on and Sat. gets closer I will be more emotional and less rational.

Don't get me wrong, it would be nice getting a win as we head into the 2 year hiatus, but other than that, it doesn't mean much. Utah beat them last year and still finished 5-7. I'm over the whole match-up and am actually interested to see how both teams do over the next 2 years without each other.

Mmm hmmm.

Jazzman12 cannot post anymore, lock him up Colton.

He's at 1984... and I think it is telling us that BYU will win the game.

Great call.

I too was puzzled as to why Dennis went into ultra-conservative mode and ran 2 basic run plays in that OT. If you're not going to pass (which was going well) why not run that option play where Wilson pulls it and keeps the ball running outside? Oregon St hadn't stopped that play all game long.

I don't get this at all. Erickson didn't go vanilla, he kept going to the read option. Wilson should have kept one of those, he would have gotten at worst 15 yards, at best a TD. That wasn't conservative play calling, that was just DE sticking to what worked. That play got them back into the game, and he stuck with it. Just a bad read at the worst time.

This. I want Utah to win so badly...but only to shut up BYU fans. It will be nice to have a couple year break from them. As soon as that game is over, I'm done. I would have much rather had Utah beat OSU than BYU.

I enjoy BYU and Utah and look forward to being able to do so the next couple of years.

What a game of "what-if's".

What if Orchard doesn't get those two personal fouls?
What if 4th and inches?
What if #11 made a SINGLE play all game?
What if Walker catches that INT, or doesn't touch it at all?
What if the ref stays consistent and doesn't throw the PI flag?
What if Dres fights harder for the ball and those two INT's never happen?
What if Dres catches some of those tougher balls, the ones the OSU's WR's all came down with?

If any one of those questions had a different answer, Utah wins.

I have two MAJOR issues with Utah right now:

1 - Jay Hill was the CB coach when Utah was putting players in the NFL. He is still coaching at BYU. WHY ISN'T HE COACHING THE CB'S?

2 - I think Sitake's seat should be very, very hot right now. $500,000 a year, for this? Come on now. Utah's defense has gotten worse every year since Andersen left. Do it Kyle. Let him go. Spend the money on a really, really good DC. You found Gary Andersen. Find the next one.

1 - Jay Hill was the CB coach when Utah was putting players in the NFL. He is still coaching at BYU. WHY ISN'T HE COACHING THE CB'S?

What the crap are you talking about? He does not coach at BYU. Can't tell from his bio if he's coaching RB's this year, or TE's for Utah.