What's new

Our front court long term solution.

hawkeye

Just curious what others out there are thinking about out front court. I love Favors, Gobert, and Kanter, but who would be the ideal starters IF they all continue to improve? If Kanter can keep up the offense he has been showing us, him and Gobert would be a beast of a duo in this league. Then again Favors can dominate as well when he want's to, and him and Gobert could be a defense that would scare most teams.

Bottom line is I would like to see Gobert make a transition into a starting role (not right away). What are others thoughts on this subject?

This is the million dollar question. Rudy stays. So who stays with him, which combination plays best around him?

Also, I see there is another Gobert thread that probably talks about this same topic. I don't follow enough to know what everyone says on every page of every thread. Throw me a bone here before I get the back lash of posting identical threads.

I think Kanter work better with Gobert than Favors does. Kanter is also less likely to disappear in games.

But right now saying move on from any of the three stings.

Edit: Let us keep in mind that Knater needs to maintain his improvement as does Gobert. This moving on talk is a little premature imo.

Seems to me that Kanter/Gobert is the best combo of offense defense. Favors is not as good as either on of those, has good trade value. Sure good use a good defender/wing who can make a 3.

I like Rudy, but Favors is our most proven guy right now, and still probably has the best potential out of all three. Kanter and Rudy have both shown flashes, but if we are being completely honest about the team, Favors is the best asset. If Gobert turns into what people are saying he will though, then we should just get Karl Towns and use Favors or Kanter as a third big. That would basically be three all star big men though, so it is at most a pipe dream right now.

Seems to me that Kanter/Gobert is the best combo of offense defense. Favors is not as good as either on of those, has good trade value. Sure good use a good defender/wing who can make a 3.

Are there any bigs who are going to be UFA's this off season. Perhaps it's time to go shopping and trade either Favors or Kanter for a scoring 3 to help the bench.

To me we hold onto everyone until we see how the season and draft plays out. We still control Kanter and can move Favors for great value. Say we land Towns in the draft... then one of those guys can be used as a trade asset. I think we could sign and trade Kanter for something decent if he continues his improved play.

Worst case we have to pay Kanter more than we want to and we keep him around... we have the flexibility to handle it.

I do think Booker's minutes need to be reduced so we can see these guys all play together.

Not a 3. Get over him, move on, the future is forward not backward.

Hey Dick, Homey asked if there were any bigs that would be UFA's. I said Millsap because he is a big, and he will be a UFA. Get over it. The future is the future, and Millsap would be bad *** next to Gobert or Favors. Kanter and Millsap would suck though.

Hey Dick, Homey asked if there were any bigs that would be UFA's. I said Millsap because he is a big, and he will be a UFA. Get over it. The future is the future, and Millsap would be bad *** next to Gobert or Favors. Kanter and Millsap would suck though.

My name is not Richard and we were talking about 3s. Further, Sap has no place on this team. You gonna play him over Kanter, Favors, or Gobert?

I initially thought for sure Gobert & Favors would be our future (Favors has been hitting jumpers of late), but Kanter's performance last couple of games had surprised me.

If Kanter can hit those 3's consistently, boy oh boy does he have a future in this league. For now though Favors is still the safer bet to pair with Gobert.

I initially thought for sure Gobert & Favors would be our future (Favors has been hitting jumpers of late), but Kanter's performance last couple of games had surprised me.

If Kanter can hit those 3's consistently, boy oh boy does he have a future in this league. For now though Favors is still the safer bet to pair with Gobert.

I think he will. Seems to me a lot of guys come into the league and struggle with 3s but become much better over time. He is of course still quite young and can already hit some so I expect him to be pretty good with them over time. Can he learn to pass?

I think he will. Seems to me a lot of guys come into the league and struggle with 3s but become much better over time. He is of course still quite young and can already hit some so I expect him to be pretty good with them over time. Can he learn to pass?

Yeah I've just checked and he is hitting 3's at the rate of 33.3%. That's pretty good considering this is just his first year with the 3pt shot.

Yeah I've just checked and he is hitting 3's at the rate of 33.3%. That's pretty good considering this is just his first year with the 3pt shot.

Yup, and I have been a doubter of Kanter until lately. He is now showing some urgency on D. He will never be a good defender, but if he can be a stretch 4, rebounder, and inside scorer, he is quite valuable. I can see Rudy throwing him a lot of passes from the lane for open 3s.

Going to depend alot on what kind of money kanter commands.

I love kanter and favors but truly believe rudy will be our starter at the center position.

I think kanter or favors will work well next to rudy. Keep the one with the best contract (probably favors)