What's new

Our front court long term solution.

Going to depend alot on what kind of money kanter commands.

I love kanter and favors but truly believe rudy will be our starter at the center position.

I think kanter or favors will work well next to rudy. Keep the one with the best contract (probably favors)

Don't you think having a guy who can hit a 3 will work a lot better with Rudy? I just don't see Favors and Rudy meshing well.

Don't you think having a guy who can hit a 3 will work a lot better with Rudy? I just don't see Favors and Rudy meshing well.
I don't think it has to be a three. I think if favors develops a shot as good as boozer then that is enough.

Favors and gobert would be bawse as **** on defense

I'm sure there are alot of successful big men pairings in the league that don't have either big ever attempting threes.

Splitter duncan
Nene gortat
randolph gasol
bogut lee
To name a few

I'm sure there are alot of successful big men pairings in the league that don't have either big ever attempting threes.

Splitter duncan
Nene gortat
randolph gasol
bogut lee
To name a few

Yeah, but Rudy is definitely an in the paint only scorer, and Favors is never going to be great out of the paint. And Kanters ability to hit the 3 really helps the combo.

Yeah, but Rudy is definitely an in the paint only scorer, and Favors is never going to be great out of the paint. And Kanters ability to hit the 3 really helps the combo.
You might be right

I think favors and gobert both might surprise us with how much they can improve though.

That's why this is such a tough question I guess.

After Haywards contract I just would not want to overpay kanter alot (Burks contract too)

After Haywards contract I just would not want to overpay kanter alot (Burks contract too)

That's why I always thought we jumped the gun on this one, without knowing what we fully had in our hands.
As for our front court, give me Gobert+Best stretch 4 possible, I think this gives you a hint of where I stand.

Favors and Gobert can not coexist together. Favors will not be able to score, with a player like Gobert next to him. I think the Jazz have to decide between Gobert and Favors. Even if they trade Kanter, the Favors/ Gobert frontcourt will not happen. I think that Favors has much more upside than Gobert and is a much better player right now. So it would be dump, to trade Favors only to start Gobert...

Favors and Gobert can not coexist together. Favors will not be able to score, with a player like Gobert next to him. I think the Jazz have to decide between Gobert and Favors. Even if they trade Kanter, the Favors/ Gobert frontcourt will not happen. I think that Favors has much more upside than Gobert and is a much better player right now. So it would be dump, to trade Favors only to start Gobert...

Big AL+Gobert?

Are there any bigs who are going to be UFA's this off season. Perhaps it's time to go shopping and trade either Favors or Kanter for a scoring 3 to help the bench.

My name is not Richard and we were talking about 3s. Further, Sap has no place on this team. You gonna play him over Kanter, Favors, or Gobert?
Do you know what position millsap plays? He is a big. Homey tennis asked if there were any ufa bugs this summer. I said millsap.

Stop being a douche. Also, how in the hell would millsap have no place on this team? If we were starting gobert at center, you bet your *** I would rather have millsap than favors or kanter. That would be one of the most complementary lineups in the league. They would fit perfectly. Hell, even favors and millsap would fit better than kanter. Millsap is a great player who has legit range. That is what we need.

Seems a bit lame to go after a player you already had not too long ago (in NBA years talk), but then who wouldn't like to have Millsap wearing a Jazz shirt again?

Going to depend alot on what kind of money kanter commands.

I love kanter and favors but truly believe rudy will be our starter at the center position.

I think kanter or favors will work well next to rudy. Keep the one with the best contract (probably favors)

Best contract next season or best contract in four years? Those contracts are going to leapfrog and with the cap increase coming, Favors' next contract might be huge and make Kanter's deal seem like a bargain, even if we "overpay" in order to match.

Right now we have no idea how much Kanter and Favors will improve. So you keep all three. Gobert can get 30 mins off the bench in a 3-man rotation. And then assess as you go. Maybe Kanter eventually becomes a 6th man so we can have his scoring with the 2nd unit. Booker is traded because his minutes are gone next season.

Outside of Towns/Okafor, which is so remote a chance it's not even worth considering, I think the Jazz still need to go after a stretch-4 or a wing in the draft. I like Porzingis or Johnson. Then do the reverse in free agency: get a wing or stretch-4. There is always roster turnover. Better start planning now for Favors, Hayward or both to leave in 3-4 years.

BTW, if we extend a QO to Kanter, it's unlikely we could free up enough cap room to go after a free agent like Millsap or Matthews.

Just curious what others out there are thinking about out front court. I love Favors, Gobert, and Kanter, but who would be the ideal starters IF they all continue to improve? If Kanter can keep up the offense he has been showing us, him and Gobert would be a beast of a duo in this league. Then again Favors can dominate as well when he want's to, and him and Gobert could be a defense that would scare most teams.

Bottom line is I would like to see Gobert make a transition into a starting role (not right away). What are others thoughts on this subject?
In all honesty, I truly believe that it doesn't matter which of the three starts and which comes in off the bench. With that said, all three guys bring unique skill sets to the table. A good coach will learn how to match up his player's strengths against their opponent's weaknesses.

That's what I want to see. Look at your matchups and then plan accordingly. Gobert/Favors starting with Kanter off the bench might be needed for one game, while Favors/Kanter starting and Gobert off the bench might be the right lineup for another game. It may also be that some games should have Gobert/Kanter starting and Favors anchors the 2nd unit for different look. It doesn't matter who starts or comes off the bench as much as they do well in whatever role they have from game to game.

Best contract next season or best contract in four years? Those contracts are going to leapfrog and with the cap increase coming, Favors' next contract might be huge and make Kanter's deal seem like a bargain, even if we "overpay" in order to match.

Right now we have no idea how much Kanter and Favors will improve. So you keep all three. Gobert can get 30 mins off the bench in a 3-man rotation. And then assess as you go. Maybe Kanter eventually becomes a 6th man so we can have his scoring with the 2nd unit. Booker is traded because his minutes are gone next season.

Outside of Towns/Okafor, which is so remote a chance it's not even worth considering, I think the Jazz still need to go after a stretch-4 or a wing in the draft. I like Porzingis or Johnson. Then do the reverse in free agency: get a wing or stretch-4. There is always roster turnover. Better start planning now for Favors, Hayward or both to leave in 3-4 years.

BTW, if we extend a QO to Kanter, it's unlikely we could free up enough cap room to go after a free agent like Millsap or Matthews.

Whatever it takes man, I just want the Jazz to contend

Look at your matchups and then plan accordingly. Gobert/Favors starting with Kanter off the bench might be needed for one game, while Favors/Kanter starting and Gobert off the bench might be the right lineup for another game. It may also be that some games should have Gobert/Kanter starting and Favors anchors the 2nd unit for different look.

I would like to see this but I don't think there is a single coach in the entire league who changes his starting lineup on a game by game basis

Are there any bigs who are going to be UFA's this off season. Perhaps it's time to go shopping and trade either Favors or Kanter for a scoring 3 to help the bench.

I would like to see this but I don't think there is a single coach in the entire league who changes his starting lineup on a game by game basis
I think the Spurs have had a ton of starting lineups.

I seriously don't understand some of the thinking on this board. We need 3 bigs. We will always have at least 3 bigs. Why must one of them go when we know he will be replaced by some off-season fill-in like Booker? With the new TV contract, it looks like the Jazz will have money to burn, so why not keep all three bigs until the cap actually becomes a problem?

I seriously don't understand some of the thinking on this board. We need 3 bigs. We will always have at least 3 bigs. Why must one of them go when we know he will be replaced by some off-season fill-in like Booker? With the new TV contract, it looks like the Jazz will have money to burn, so why not keep all three bigs until the cap actually becomes a problem?

I like this approach. I've never understood being set in a starting line-up. The way I see it we could have 3 very serviceable bigs who Quin can play around with in the rotations, depending on who they face each night. This means that at least one of them would be playing against the opponents' 2nd teams. The back court is getting well covered as well, where I see Exum as an eventual starter, Burke may or may not be traded for a good backup PG, Hayward and Hood and Burks to play around with as well.

And next we need to check next year's draft for a DMC kind of player and we're talking baby. I need to start checking into the 2015 draft board to see who is the best 'DMC-ish' player is on the list. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, love for all.