What's new

Our front court long term solution.

I seriously don't understand some of the thinking on this board. We need 3 bigs. We will always have at least 3 bigs. Why must one of them go when we know he will be replaced by some off-season fill-in like Booker? With the new TV contract, it looks like the Jazz will have money to burn, so why not keep all three bigs until the cap actually becomes a problem?

I don't think there is a need right now but in the future we won't be able to allocate that kind if salary to that position. This assumes a lot and it is all speculation at this point. Generally the 3rd big isn't a 10+ M player. I do think the smart thing to do is wait... Unless we get blown away with an offer for Kanter.

The other fear is that you wait too long and the player you want to move loses value.

I don't think there is a need right now but in the future we won't be able to allocate that kind if salary to that position. This assumes a lot and it is all speculation at this point. Generally the 3rd big isn't a 10+ M player. I do think the smart thing to do is wait... Unless we get blown away with an offer for Kanter.

TBH, I'd match ANY offer for Kanter, even if he gets Hayward money (which I doubt he will). In 2 years, that contract won't look too bad. And when the cap goes to $80M, Favors and Hayward will be wanting huge raises.

2015: Re-sign Kanter, draft Johnson (he takes Ingles' place). Important to have a guy like Johnson in place because I think there's a 50/50 chance Hayward opts out and leaves in 3 years. With the 2nd rounder, take a "draft and stash" Euro. Bring over Neto.
2016: Trade Burke and a 2nd for a veteran PG to backup Exum. Draft a stretch-4. Trade Booker at the deadline for a future pick. Could even look to do that THIS year as it would open up more playing time for Gobert or fill-in with Evans.

Yep, depending on schedule.
We talking more like pop being like... ok, tonight we go against Griffin and Jordan so we will start splitter and duncan
Then against z-bo and gasol we think diaw and duncan well work better... etc etc.

Coaches changing thier lineup based on the players they will face. Not resting players based on quality of team they face

I think next year you can still bring Gobert off the bench. He's gone from <10 mins and 37 DNP's to 17 mins EVERY game. Next year, have him increase his playing time to 30 mins. You just start Favors and Kanter and bring one of them out halfway through the 1st and 3rd quarters. Three bigs can each get 32 mins/each.

Put together a package bringing Cousins to Utah, sending Favors to Sac, obviously we need to send some more players over with Favors to grab their interest but Cousins is arguably one of the best Centers in the NBA.

Put together a package bringing Cousins to Utah, sending Favors to Sac, obviously we need to send some more players over with Favors to grab their interest but Cousins is arguably one of the best Centers in the NBA.

You'd have to give up too much I think.