What's new

Pace and Favors

They shot the ball really well and we were a bounce here or there away from winning. We played like we needed to... we lost the game when we slowed down honestly..
The game turned against us in the 3rd quarter. IMO, it wasn't a pace issue. We threw away something like 5 out of 6 or 7 possessions when individual players were trying to do too much on their own. Doris called it perfectly.

They shot the ball really well and we were a bounce here or there away from winning. We played like we needed to... we lost the game when we slowed down honestly.

Favs should just be a backup center against the warriors. Green can keep him off the glass and you need so much perimeter defense and shooting. Against other teams I don’t have an issue. Rockets have Tucker I guess but outside of that favs should be able to punish teams that go small and I think his corner shooting is somewhat legit.
I think we didn't lose due to slowing down. We lost because our offense became stagnant. We ran at a slow pace last year, but won a lot because we run a motion offense that creates open looks in the half-court set. We lost because we stopped running the motion offense, not because we slowed the pace. We can run a slow pace and still keep our motion offense purring so we create open looks.

Andy Larsen has an article in the SLT today which basically plagiarizes my posts in this thread.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/10/21/heres-why-jazz-just-about/

I'll be contacting my attorneys.

While the long term impact is to be determined, the short term #'s are frightening - at the accelerated pace, Favors and Gobert on the court at the same time has resulted in a huge point disparity - The Jazz basically suck on both ends of the floor.

The game turned against us in the 3rd quarter. IMO, it wasn't a pace issue. We threw away something like 5 out of 6 or 7 possessions when individual players were trying to do too much on their own. Doris called it perfectly.
She did... she is so great... I laugh because all my friends and family that watch casually hate her for some reason. She knows her stuff and I love when she calls the game.

We got tight, but I think part of what really slowed us down was trying to run clock and just going iso... just keep running the offense. Still had shots to win it and a bounce here or there and its a victory.

Honestly... KD and Steph played almost as good as they can... and so did we (some improvements can be made but still) and we were right there. I'm more encouraged by this game then when we beat them by 40 when they layed down.

Andy Larsen has an article in the SLT today which basically plagiarizes my posts in this thread.

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/2018/10/21/heres-why-jazz-just-about/

I'll be contacting my attorneys.

While the long term impact is to be determined, the short term #'s are frightening - Favors and Gobert on the court at the same time has resulted in a huge point disparity - The Jazz basically suck on both ends of the floor.

Your attorney says you won the case and will receive the $12.75 in revenue the article will generate. Congrats!

Your attorney is billing you $5k doe, but hey you can write that stuff off.

Doris and Breen were fantastic. The best imo. To be able to hear the Bang call by Breen with our own players in a playoff atmosphere gave me chills. Now Mark Jackson just needs to go to Belize and we'll be good.

Sent from my XT1575 using JazzFanz mobile app

Long term Favs is the easiest place to get a boost by replacing him... if you can get a great backup center (Udoh is fine buy Favs is much better). The Favs PF minutes are the tax we pay to have an elite backup center and be able to go two bigs against teams like Memphis. It also gives us some Gobert injury insurance.

In the playoffs we can bench him and have good stretch options. My biggest question long term is should we replace him with a dynamic and costly stretch 4 (Love, OP Jr., Tobias Harris, Niko)... or stick with Crowder, Niang, Thabo, budget types and spend on more playmaking in the backcourt. I love Ricky but there are some limitations there.

Doris and Breen were fantastic. The best imo. Now Mark Jackson just needs to go to Belize and we'll be good.

I just want him to do the replays where they go to commercial and he says "hand down man down" or "momma there goes that man" I really enjoy the catch phrases... the rest is bad.

Breen has such a great voice, timing, and matches the moment. Also underrated.

I may be in the minority buy I enjoy Jeff Van Gundy... the dry sense of humor and old man get off my lawn is funny to me.

I think Doris is the best color commentator in the business. She has a great passion for the game, does her homework, and just knows her stuff in general. She's the John Smoltz of basketball commentating. She's really good.

I think Doris is the best color commentator in the business. She has a great passion for the game, does her homework, and just knows her stuff in general. She's the John Smoltz of basketball commentating. She's really good.

I think she is the acid test for guys who are obviously sexist. You don’t have to love her but if you can’t stand when she is on the broadcast then you are clearly sexist. I’m not sure if anyone else has people in their life that are anti-Doris but I seem to have quite a few and I find it really puzzling. Reggie, Chris, and Mark Jackson are all much worse.

I may be in the minority buy I enjoy Jeff Van Gundy... the dry sense of humor and old man get off my lawn is funny to me.

Van Gundy is smart but I wonder if he even enjoys basketball anymore. Any replay near the end of the game he goes ballistic that teams are getting a free timeout. Who cares, makes having a good coach more important then.

Van gundy is my favorite

Van Gundy can be funny, for sure.
Webber can be severely cringe-worthy.
Reggie is consistently annoying.
I still enjoy the hell out of Hubie Brown, but I think he finally started tapering off a year or two ago.

Van Gundy can be funny, for sure.
Webber can be severely cringe-worthy.
Reggie is consistently annoying.
I still enjoy the hell out of Hubie Brown, but I think he finally started tapering off a year or two ago.
I think Webber actually tries though. It seems like he does his homework, he just gets caught trying to say too much at times and I think the live pace trips him up and he will say something stupid every now and then.

Miller/Jackson/Van Gundy seem like they dont really care enough and just do their shtick.