What's new

Pace and Favors

I cannot wait to stop talking about Derrick Favors. Declining his option in 8 months can't come soon enough.

I cannot wait to stop talking about Derrick Favors. Declining his option in 8 months can't come soon enough.
I actually thought Favors 4th quarter stretch was a really nice tonight on defense. He had about a 4 minute time period to start the quarter where the Jazz didnt let the Grizzlies score a point. Exum just **** the bed missing a dunk and two wide open 3's.

I actually thought Favors 4th quarter stretch was a really nice tonight on defense. He had about a 4 minute time period to start the quarter where the Jazz didnt let the Grizzlies score a point. Exum just **** the bed missing a dunk and two wide open 3's.
Favors had some moments, but the sum of his time on the floor was cold dog ****.

NBA stats / Lineups after 3 games :
Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Favors-Gobert - 29min - ORTG 73.3 - DRTG 110.0 - NETRTG : -36.7
Rubio-Mitchell-Ingles-Crowder-Gobert - 28min - ORTG 126.2 - DRTG 110.4 - NETRTG : +15.7
Hey wow here’s this thing. This thing that we keep ****ing talking about.

Quin needs to nut up.

Even during the winning streak last year we were way more effective with Crowder>Favors with the starters. This isn’t a new thing, or just a small sample size.

Quin needs to nut up.

Even during the winning streak last year we were way more effective with Crowder>Favors with the starters. This isn’t a new thing, or just a small sample size.
The FO needed to nut up this offseason and actually address this nagging non-sense. Yeah, Favors is a nice backup and is effective when playing against teams we shouldn’t be worries about, but against the best teams he was simply a liability. That hasn’t changed, and the league is only going to get stretchier and faster.

They should’ve traded for Niko, but they didn’t and I understand why. They should’ve signed Bjelica, I do NOT understand that.

The FO needed to nut up this offseason and actually address this nagging non-sense. Yeah, Favors is a nice backup and is effective when playing against teams we shouldn’t be worries about, but against the best teams he was simply a liability. That hasn’t changed, and the league is only going to get stretchier and faster.

They should’ve traded for Niko, but they didn’t and I understand why. They should’ve signed Bjelica, I do NOT understand that.

I was a big Bjelica guy but I understood what we were trying... Favs could still get it together but you’re right... if he doesn’t dominate second units then what’s the point.

He has trade value as a rotation player and as cap relief... just need Washington to give up and trade us OP Jr.

Quietly Favors is having one of his best seasons and pretty solid in his limited minutes and role. He is 3rd on our team in points per 100 possessions behind only Mitchell and Burks. He has the 4th best net rating on our team behind Burks, Gobert, and Niang. He has the 2nd highest PER just behind Gobert. He is by far our best offensive rebounder right now. He is our 3rd highest win shares behind Crowder and Gobert. He is our 2nd highest box plus/minus behind Gobert. He is our 4th highest VORP behind Gobert, Ingles, and Crowder.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2019.html

I wonder if we will pick up his option. Unless we can land a big FA. We probably will pick it up and just use him as a backup center. He is a little overpriced for that but unless it prevents us from getting someone else who cares and its tradeable. I guess we shall see how the season play out though. We also will see what moves we make at the deadline if any.

Came up big in the Boston game with his offensive rebounds and putbacks. That was one case in which +/- really didn't tell the story. He was keeping Utah in the lead while Celtics were hot from beyond the arc.

That said, he and/or Burks need to dealt as expirings in a trade. Crowder has shown he can be a starter, although I really like him in his current role. Jae has moved past the Cleveland Crowder who was terrible starting at the 4. But he had other stuff going on, so that's now understandable. I just don't see Utah attracting a top FA. So trades are the best option to improve the team.

He wouldn't stay.

I think that depends entirely on his role and minutes the rest of the year. If he is the first wing off the bench and averages 25 minutes per game then i could see him staying.
I think court time is his number one priority.
Of course he might think he can have a bigger role elsewhere. Who knows.

Favors is doing almost all of his damage as a back-up center. The starting 5 man unit for The Jazz barely have their collective heads above water statistically .

The numbers overwhelmingly point to Utah being a better team with Crowder playing PF.

So it comes down to whether or not you want to pay Favors 17mil to be a back up Center.