What's new

Pace and Favors

Favors is doing almost all of his damage as a back-up center. The starting 5 man unit for The Jazz barely have their collective heads above water statistically .

The numbers overwhelmingly point to Utah being a better team with Crowder playing PF.

So it comes down to whether or not you want to pay Favors 17mil to be a back up Center.

This is 100% accurate. The rebounding percentage is slightly better with the starting unit but every other stat is way better with Crowder at the 4 instead of Favors. It's hard to see a way for us to become contenders if we're spending 17 million for a backup center.

Favors minutes were cut down to a little over 20 last year pretty much as soon as we traded for Crowder, so I'm not sure what to think of this thread. Favors has been starting, but Crowder has been getting the starter's minutes.

Anyway, Just wanted to say that win over Boston was well worth the 17 million Favors will get this year. He had 3 offensive rebounds/putbacks in a row down the stretch and really hurt their comeback. I think Utah had a good chance of losing otherwise.

Not too worried at all about Favors or the fact we signed him to a one year deal. He'll be gone next year for sure, and I have confidence in DL enough that if he had had better options he would have taken them. Utah had the money and did Favors a solid in a year when there wasn't any money to go around. Next year I would bet Utah signs either Mirotic or Tobias Harris. In the meantime, the few minutes Favors spends on the floor with Gobert aren't a huge deal. I said the same thing last year when we were losing to start the season and we ended up just fine when people thought those few minutes were the problem.

If DL plans on going after someone like Tobias Harris next year, he might not want to give Crowder the starting spot just to take it away again for a new player. I see no need to overreact to this minor detail after the team proved last year they were just fine once the team got rolling. As long as Crowder is getting starter minutes, starting Favors is pretty much a non-factor.

I don't see us trading Favors. If we are intent on trying to make a run this year, we have to keep Favors as Gobert insurance at the very least.

Which brings us to Udoh and Thabo. Quin has lost faith in those guys as anything more than emergency options. So their $8.5 in expirings will be available before the deadline. Add those contracts to Burks' $11.5 and we have $20 million in expirings for 3 solid bench players.

If Washington gets desperate for a rebuild, all those expirings and some 2nd rounders for Otto Porter maybe? This is the type deal if we want to be aggressive. Too many teams with money this summer. Favors would fall further down the pecking order, but he is a great guy and depth to have. We part ways with him in the summer in this scenario.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Don't have much to contribute other than what's already been said here. As a 4-man, Favors is a dinosaur in the new NBA. I think he lands somewhere as a starting 5 next season and continues to be a very solid player, but him playing starters minutes alongside another big like Rudy simply won't work anymore.

It's clear that Jae is part of our "finishing 5" and will continue to be as long as he's healthy.

Rubio-Michell-Ingles-Favors-Gobert Lineup's Evolution :
Game 1 vs SAC (7min) : ORTG 33.3 DRTG 153.3 NTRTG -120.0
Game 2 vs GSW (11min) : ORTG 87.5 DRTG 117.4 NTRTG -29.9
Game 3 vs MEM (11min) : ORTG 85.7 DRTG 72.7 NTRTG +13.0
Game 4 vs HOU (9min) : ORTG 104.8 DRTG 75 NTRTG +29.8
Game 5 vs NOLA (8min) : ORTG 118.8 DRTG 106.3 NTRTG +12.5
Game 7 vs DAL (11min) : ORTG 134.8 DRTG 104.2 NTRTG +30.6
Game 9 vs DEN (9min) : ORTG 83.3 DRTG 107.7 NTRTG -33.3
Game 11 vs DAL (10min) : ORTG 113.0 DRTG 109.1 NTRTG +4.0
Game 12 vs BOS (10min) ORTG 163.2 DRTG 95.0 NTRTG +68.2
Game 13 vs MEM (8min) : ORTG 128.6 DRTG 42.9 NTRTG +85.7