What's new

Paul Reed signs 3 yr 24mil offer sheet with Jazz

Won't this also stop the Jazz from frontloading Jordan Clarkson's renegotiate and extend? I thought that couldn't be finalized until November.

Seems like this move signals Jazz will try to make the playoffs next year
Ainge still has some maybe big moves up his sleeve
I think he’s just hedging his bets on having a solid backup for Kessler once he inevitably trades KO. Highly doubt that Olynyk and Sexton are both on the roster post deadline.

Love the deal. This guy is a per min monster. Averaging double double every 36 min and 15+15 per 100 possession. He's been criminally underutilized and serving as nothing more than just Embiid insurance on the sixers. Worst case scenario he's a very serviceable backup to Kessler, with the potential to be much more.

He's also hugely improved his FT% this season. Small sample size but he's got a sweet stroke. Extending his range is definitely a possibility.

The Jazz have a million TPEs to use sooner before later.
TPEs are useful for taking on salary, not shedding it.
Kinda wonder if the Jazz already have a KO deal lined up, contingent on this going through. What decent teams have TPEs big enough for KO's salary?

That's what left me intrigued over this deal. Unless we move on from someone of our current frontcourt options, he should not play at all most nights.
Hendricks might be the exception but most 19 year olds are not ready for rotational minutes year one, especially players that are built like Hendricks. IF I were the Jazz FO I would not be counting on him for minutes this year.