What's new

Paul Reed signs 3 yr 24mil offer sheet with Jazz

To be clear, are they saying they think the Sixers WILL match or simply that they SHOULD match?
They think they should match and don’t think they will match. It’s towards the last 20 minutes of their pod… they are genuinely funny guys… Mike writes for several sitcoms… so it’s an entertaining listen if you have nothing to do… the disappointment in their voices was funny… they got the news while recording.

From what I understand Morey supposedly wants to keep his powder dry to chase a big name FA next offseason. Not sure he wants Reed's money on their cap next year which would happen if they make the conference semifinals again.
I think that’s honestly a bluff because they want to keep Maxey trade eligible without pissing him off… I think going into the tax is the bigger issue.

The FA market next year garbage… not sure anyone should keep powder dry for that one.

I don't know crap about Paul Reed. Never really seen him play except for the highlights.

He looks an awful lot like John Collins to me tbh. I don't think he is a 5. I don't think he is a 4. What is he?

We ended the year with a line-up of bigs that included: Kessler, Markkanen, Olynyk (all plusses in my book); Jones, Fontecchio, Gay, Samanic, Potter, Dok and Carey Jr.
This year we are likely to have Kessler, Markkanen, Collins, Olynyk, Hendricks, Sensabaugh, Fontecchio and possibly Reed, Potter and Samanic. All told, that makes for one of the most difficult lineups to spell without looking in the whole NBA.

I don't know crap about Paul Reed. Never really seen him play except for the highlights.

He looks an awful lot like John Collins to me tbh. I don't think he is a 5. I don't think he is a 4. What is he?

He's a 5 who can handle and pass the ball and make a few shots along the way. Think Kevon Looney, though I don't think Reed is that level of rebounder.

I think that’s honestly a bluff because they want to keep Maxey trade eligible without pissing him off… I think going into the tax is the bigger issue.

The FA market next year garbage… not sure anyone should keep powder dry for that one.
When you have an opportunity to keep the powder dry, you just can’t pass that up.

So a little over 6 hours to go. I figured with the way Ainge set up the poison pill, Philly was gonna take it to the 11th hour without tipping their hand.

At first I thought it was a no-brainer that Philly would let him walk, but that fan base is beside themselves over the idea of him leaving. I’m guessing Philly matches and ponies up the tax fees.

So a little over 6 hours to go. I figured with the way Ainge set up the poison pill, Philly was gonna take it to the 11th hour without tipping their hand.

At first I thought it was a no-brainer that Philly would let him walk, but that fan base is beside themselves over the idea of him leaving. I’m guessing Philly matches and ponies up the tax fees.
My thought as well. They will wait until the last minute if they match.

Every single thing they've done since suggests they don't think he's ready to play... yet.

He’s super raw. I’m afraid all this “NBAready” talk is irrational exuberance

Hope I’m wrong.

They are going to ease him into nba minutes and get a lot if g league development burn

Am I the only one who thinks sexton is a pure undersized 2?

All this pg talk has me confused. What do you see that makes him a 1?