What's new

Paul Reed signs 3 yr 24mil offer sheet with Jazz

Am I the only one who thinks sexton is a pure undersized 2?

All this pg talk has me confused. What do you see that makes him a 1?

It comes from not caring about positions, because at the end of the day they don't mean anything. Sexton is someone who plays with the ball in his hands, whether you call that a PG or an undersized 2 doesn't really matter.

Defensively, Sexton is also almost always going to need to guard the smallest guard or a spot up shooter with no other threat.

When you put the provisions in the deal that we did, being passive aggressive is your only card and you’ll take it.

Also, the whole deal was a big "screw you" by Reed to the Sixers. At some level you have to wonder if it is even worth bringing a player back after something like that. I'm sure they are doing their diligence to see what the locker room feel is around Reed and if there are any issues that they need to be worried about. It isn't the greatest locker room to begin with.

It comes from not caring about positions, because at the end of the day they don't mean anything. Sexton is someone who plays with the ball in his hands, whether you call that a PG or an undersized 2 doesn't really matter.

Defensively, Sexton is also almost always going to need to guard the smallest guard or a spot up shooter with no other threat.

I’m addressing just offense. Yeah maybe I’m old school but when it comes to quarterbacking an offense, establishing a calming effect, taking control, and making the right play/ pass at the right time, I see the 1 as somewhat distinct. Think conley/ DWill/ stock. I don’t think sexton will ever be that guy.

I’m addressing just offense. Yeah maybe I’m old school but when it comes to quarterbacking an offense, establishing a calming effect, taking control, and making the right play/ pass at the right time, I see the 1 as somewhat distinct. Think conley/ DWill/ stock. I don’t think sexton will ever be that guy.

No one who has ever referred to Sexton has called him that because of those things. If you're confused why people call him it's a PG, it's because they don't have this strict definition of what that means. Personally, I couldn't care less about the labels.

Also, the whole deal was a big "screw you" by Reed to the Sixers. At some level you have to wonder if it is even worth bringing a player back after something like that. I'm sure they are doing their diligence to see what the locker room feel is around Reed and if there are any issues that they need to be worried about. It isn't the greatest locker room to begin with.
Or he simply took the best deal he got offered which makes more sense to me.

I just saw this on the Twitter Machine: "The 76ers will not be matching the Jazz's three-year, $23M offer sheet for restricted free agent F Paul Reed, per sources. The former G League MVP emerged as the primary backup to reigning NBA MVP Joel Embiid last season, but now heads west to join an up-and-coming Jazz team."

lol