What's new

Paul Reed signs 3 yr 24mil offer sheet with Jazz

I was just thinking it doesn't hurt to have another 7 footer on the team, he can hit the 3 occasionally...with him being young might be worth taking a look at.

What part of bol bol sucks smfh. Injured to start off career and never went to a team that would help him develop until the magic last year and definitely played well

So well, not even the Magic thought he's worth resigning for a spot at the end of the bench.

So well, not even the Magic thought he's worth resigning for a spot at the end of the bench.
that’s just numbers. They drafted dude from Michigan so nothing new here. Their front court depth is decent so bol got sacrificed. Happens all the time.

No to Bol Bol. He is just too much of a 1of1 type who is not interchangable with either Kessler or Collins.

He requires you to configure stuff differently when he is on, which is not what you want from a bench player.

Nah. Don’t take it personal. Business is business. The funny thing is that a lot of guys end up in Utah and love it here. Philly matched, so it’s whatever. But there’s really no point in being salty about it.

It will be funny when they trade him a year from now to duck that tax penalty though.

I’m sure reading that quote bummed out a lot of Jazz fans, but I’ll share a quick anecdote that might cheer some up:

During his last season in Utah, I met Donyell Marshall and actually got the chance to have a few good conversations with him.

He was very upfront about the fact that he was absolutely DEVASTATED when he got the call that he was traded to Utah. Said he was so pissed, he was thinking about refusing to report. Once he got settled, he said he started to like it and by the time the season ended, he was in love with this place. I asked him if he’d resign with Utah if the interest was mutual and he told me that if he had his choice (and the money was right) he’d finish his career here.

Utah is never going to be a player’s first choice, but if Ryan Smith, Danny Ainge, and Will Hardy do their jobs, there’s no reason that once they get here, players learn that they can thrive on and off the court and end up being pretty damn happy.

I don't think his comment had anything to do with not liking Utah. I think it had everything to do with what would have been a massive minutes crunch. The paycheck was too good to pass up but the situation wasn't a good one at all for actual basketball purposes. With Lauri, Collins, Kessler and Olynyk there was no way that he would have gotten consistent minutes.

If dude won't thanks the Jazz then just don't say anything on them.
Brucebowen him. I prefer badass to nice. Just more funny.

when the signing happened, i found myself trying to justify it while calming myself down about how it would limit time for the rookies and also trying to figure out how he fit on the team. i, like many, felt a bit of relief when it was matched. as for his comment, i doubt he understands the risk it is to say anything that can be construed as i don't want to play in utah. also, he might be trying to calm down a fanbase that just had their end of the bench crush date another team. better to butter up the fans you are with than the fans who breifly had you and lost you. we will likely forget about him in a few months anyway.

Nah. Don’t take it personal. Business is business.
Most people take insults about their home town as personal. Just how it is.

I don't think Clevelanders were thrilled when Jokaim Noah ranted and raved about how bad their city was. Yet so many people bash on Utah/Salt Lake that the people there aren't supposed to take it personal for some reason.

I don't think his comment had anything to do with not liking Utah. I think it had everything to do with what would have been a massive minutes crunch. The paycheck was too good to pass up but the situation wasn't a good one at all for actual basketball purposes. With Lauri, Collins, Kessler and Olynyk there was no way that he would have gotten consistent minutes.

I think it's about Utah lol

Most people take insults about their home town as personal. Just how it is.

I don't think Clevelanders were thrilled when Jokaim Noah ranted and raved about how bad their city was. Yet so many people bash on Utah/Salt Lake that the people there aren't supposed to take it personal for some reason.
Like I said before I don't think he was actually talking as a place. I think by place he meant the jazz and the type of situation it would have been.