What's new

Pelicans Game Thread

So the scouting reports on Hayward must say "Foul him every time he drives. More often than not the refs won't call it." Srsly last night it seems like the Pellies were making a conscious effort to smack him in the arm every time and he seemed to only get about a 3rd of the calls. Am I just being a homer?

So the scouting reports on Hayward must say "Foul him every time he drives. More often than not the refs won't call it." Srsly last night it seems like the Pellies were making a conscious effort to smack him in the arm every time and he seemed to only get about a 3rd of the calls. Am I just being a homer?

He needs to pull his head back a la Harden, seems like it's the only way he'll catch the ref's attention.

hopefully you like the Dleague as much as homeytennis. That's where Trey's comeback gonna start. Excite!

as long as it comes at some point in his rookie contract, tbh.

He needs to pull his head back a la Harden, seems like it's the only way he'll catch the ref's attention.

He does that all the time. That's actually the one thing I wish he wouldn't do. Maybe that is why he is not getting the calls. The refs probably see that chicken necking **** and they roll their eyes.

He does that all the time. That's actually the one thing I wish he wouldn't do. Maybe that is why he is not getting the calls. The refs probably see that chicken necking **** and they roll their eyes.

I mean like really pull it back.

920x1240.jpg

I didn't say I want us to lose every game. You're making assumptions now. And you know what they say about assumptions.

I merely want to have a chance to draft in the top-6 as we're not going to sign a star to this team VIA free-agency despite what some people wish. And we tend to draft much better than Philly & Minnesota - DL has a very good track record so far despite drafting Burke. Also, Milt Newton has made a lot of good moves since becoming the GM of the Wolves - so if they keep losing he'll likely continue making good draft choices as well as trades.

Lol lol I bleed!

Nope. Last night was pretty bad. It was clear the Pelicans' defensive strategy was swarm and hack. It's ****ing crazy that the Pels shot more free throws than the Jazz last night.

Argue the call and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1R94HrVvhfw

koxg4.png

But not as much as it did a few weeks ago...
[url[/MEDIA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Yr0Kqb-34As[/url]

This clip doesnt show it but in the game it made my day that the refs reaction when he hit Milsap in the head with the ball was to laugh. What else can you do?

I agree mostly with your stance, but I do believe that you have to start winning some games at some point. We have too much talent to tank. Also let's not forget, we only have Hayward for two more years guaranteed. We can't perpetually lose looking for a star and hope he stays.

I agree with this, which is why I believe our strategy will change in the offseason. Tanking is tricky, and I think Utah is doing a great job this year of developing players while still maintaining a decent draft position. Not exactly easy to do.