What's new

Pelicans Game Thread

In reality, it could be 3 years before Exum becomes what we hope he will be. Maybe we should just forget about team building until all our players work out exactly the way we hope. Good plan.

Ok. So tossing away Dante Exum for - lets say Goran Dragic - is teambuilding to you?

I feel bad for the Pelicans. They really screwed up building their team by rushing steps. They would've been so much better off keeping their draft picks and not trading for Holiday and signing Evans for so much.

so true... build carefully around Davis and you have a perennial contender right there...

I feel bad for the Pelicans. They really screwed up building their team by rushing steps. They would've been so much better off keeping their draft picks and not trading for Holiday and signing Evans for so much.

Excellent post, and very timely. Only the truly enlightened are capable of understanding that Utah is in a similar situation.

Excellent post, and very timely. Only the truly enlightened are capable of understanding that Utah is in a similar situation.

Uhm. For this to make any sense you would have to name Gordon Hayward as our Tyreke Evans and predicting that we are going to trade two lottery picks for a PG.

Ok. So tossing away Dante Exum for - lets say Goran Dragic - is teambuilding to you?

First off, not sure what you're suggesting here. I would not trade Exum, the end, and I will trash the morons who would.

Secondly, if Utah could acquire Dragic as a mentor to Exum, I jump on that. I don't see anyway for that to be possible, but HELL yes I trade for Dragic if it only includes guys like Kanter or Treyd. I throw in a pick or two to make it happen. I'm also fine with waiting a few years for Dante to develop.

Last edited:

I agree mostly with your stance, but I do believe that you have to start winning some games at some point. We have too much talent to tank. Also let's not forget, we only have Hayward for two more years guaranteed. We can't perpetually lose looking for a star and hope he stays.

Gordon got blocked 6x
Derrick got blocked 4x
Milsap got blocked 3x
Enes got blocked 2x
Rudy got blocked 1x
Burke got blocked 1x

Cunningham blocked Enes twice and Gordon 3 times. You wanna tell some more lies?

To be fair, your post doesn't disprove anything. So if he is lying you did a very poor job of proving it.

I thought that Millsap did a decent job on Tyreke Evans last night. Made him work for his points and he was largely absent in the 4th.

Trey is shooting .350(FG%) and .299(3P%) on 14 FGA since coming of the bench.

#nothingchanged
#sittinfirstrow

#nothingchanged
#sittinfirstrow

Yeah he was 0-10 last night for 0 points, 4 rebs and 2 ast. That is Raja bell bad...

#nothingchanged
#sittinfirstrow

He is taking even more shots and keeps missing them. This team is set up for two players to shine. One is Hayward, the other was Trey Burke. Trey Burke absolutely failed this season.

To be fair, your post doesn't disprove anything. So if he is lying you did a very poor job of proving it.

The convo started w/

My goodness! I just checked the box score and New Orleans - without AD - had 17 blocks.

ST was talking about the whole team.

Enes Kanter getting dominated by Dante Cunningham. . .

Then this framer dude starts talking about Enes. Where it was about the team.

Even when Enes was "dominated", which he wasn't. There were players that got blocked way more but somehow he has to talk about Enes...

FYI I don't try to badmouth Gordon or Derrick w/ those block stats just trying to make a point. Derrick played really well and Gordon was amazing once again.

I had hopes that Burke could be a good bench piece. Then I had hopes that he could be a decent bench piece.