What's new

Pelicans Game Thread

I thought that Millsap did a decent job on Tyreke Evans last night. Made him work for his points and he was largely absent in the 4th.
Millsap did a fantastic job

I'm really curious to see what Q can do for Millsap and Jingles's three point shots. If he can do for them what he did for Carroll, then those players become valuable bench pieces... picked off the scrap heap.

Corner 3s.... 38+%.... their careers could depend on it.

I'm really curious to see what Q can do for Millsap and Jingles's three point shots. If he can do for them what he did for Carroll, then those players become valuable bench pieces... picked off the scrap heap.

I'd be thrilled with a better shooting Millsap and Ingles on the bench. Good bench pieces indeed. They both bring hustle and team play. Millsap is aggressive on D as well.

I feel bad for the Pelicans. They really screwed up building their team by rushing steps. They would've been so much better off keeping their draft picks and not trading for Holiday and signing Evans for so much.
Heh, Tyreke is on a solid contract.

They got trucked with Gordon injuries and drafting Rivers.

Trey Burke=poor mans...what? Really does nothing well. **** really does nothing average. Just sucks.

Burke is a poor man's player on an off night. If the guy could just be semi-consistent.... Definitely not a player who 'disappears' but a guy who's either awful or he's our spark off the bench and nothing in between.

Heh, Tyreke is on a solid contract.

They got trucked with Gordon injuries and drafting Rivers.

I didn't go back and look, but I remember people saying that his contract was rushed and too much. Might be different now.

1) Are we watching Hayward's coming out party? When he plays with confidence there are few players better than him in the league, imo.
2) It looked like Hayward did something we haven't seen from a Jazz man in a long time...put the team on his back and willed them to victory. I didn't get to see the game, so am I wrong in that?

Either way, things are exciting right now. Fun to be a Jazz fan.

1) Are we watching Hayward's coming out party? When he plays with confidence there are few players better than him in the league, imo.
2) It looked like Hayward did something we haven't seen from a Jazz man in a long time...put the team on his back and willed them to victory. I didn't get to see the game, so am I wrong in that?

Either way, things are exciting right now. Fun to be a Jazz fan.

That is exactly what happened. Hayward tore up the 3rd and 4th and brought us from 14 down to a 4 point win. He hit the last 2 FTs and got the game ending rebound. He dominated the stretch.

It completely changes our team if they can ever hit 37% off 1.5 makes per game. If Exum becomes our PG of the future (or Burke *ducks*), I think the rebuild is done.

It completely changes our team if they can ever hit 37% off 1.5 makes per game. If Exum becomes our PG of the future (or Burke *ducks*), I think the rebuild is done.

Eh, no. Millsap makes 0,7 now at .382. 1,5 points more per game from him wouldn`t change much.

Millsap is actually shooting 38% from 3. If he can keep that and play defense like a "little pitbull"(Gordon called him that in the post-game interview for shutting down Tyreke in the second half), he'd be a very useful rotation player. He needs to improve his decision making in O a bit...

If we have two players hitting 1.5 3PMs a game, alongside the threes from Hayward, Burks & (hopefully) Burke & Exum, we will be okay.

The jump from 0.7 and 1.5 is pretty massive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right now Millsap is hitting that percentage while teams are daring him to shoot. He needs considerable improvement from 3 before I'd call him a threat.