What's new

Playoff Race Thread

How were the vibes awful? I didnt hear any quotes from the team that would suggest that.

Lebron is talking about how Bronny could play for the Lakers now and how much the Lakers suck.

Draymond exist for the Warriors and their veteran rookie contract guys want to throw a munity on a multi-time championship coach.

They were not good when we were getting pummeled. Point is…”vibes” are extremely temporary. Lakers had the best vibes in the league when they won the preseason tournament. It will be up and down. No one gets to the playoffs because of vibes at the beginning of January.

They were not good when we were getting pummeled. Point is…”vibes” are extremely temporary. Lakers had the best vibes in the league when they won the preseason tournament. It will be up and down. No one gets to the playoffs because of vibes at the beginning of January.
Vibes might be temporary, but they exist in real-time and influence wins/losses which are on your permanent record.

And from what i can tell, the vibes were always positive in Utah. You dont turn around a stinker start with bad vibes.

Vibes might be temporary, but they exist in real-time and influence wins/losses which are on your permanent record.

And from what i can tell, the vibes were always positive in Utah. You dont turn around a stinker start with bad vibes.

I’m just not going to look a team’s recent form, not even half way through the season, and use that to make a judgement on the remaining half. Like I said, teams will be up and down. At least one of these 5 teams is probably going to flame out for one reason or another. Health is going to be a big factor, and for the Jazz there’s still a good chance we trade players to one of the teams we are in direct competition with just like last year.

I’m just not going to look a team’s recent form, not even half way through the season, and use that to make a judgement on the remaining half. Like I said, teams will be up and down. At least one of these 5 teams is probably going to flame out for one reason or another. Health is going to be a big factor, and for the Jazz there’s still a good chance we trade players to one of the teams we are in direct competition with just like last year.
Like I said, if the teams make no moves, the Jazz should be favored.

This year is starting to remind me of the “we will be fine” year where we were dead in the water and then suddenly everything clicked. Hopefully we can keep up the momentum all the way to the playoffs like we did that year.

Leading the way with that Net rating is Kessler with a whopping +19.
This is what my eyes have been seeing. I often check the score when kessler enters the game and then check it again when he exits. Our lead almost always increases (or our deficit decreases) when he comes in. For whatever reason.

How were the vibes awful? I didnt hear any quotes from the team that would suggest that.

Lebron is talking about how Bronny could play for the Lakers now and how much the Lakers suck.

Draymond exist for the Warriors and their veteran rookie contract guys want to throw a munity on a multi-time championship coach.
At a press conference right before this nice jazz streak hardy was extremely pissed. saying something like, these guys dont respect the uniform or dont want to be part of the jazz..... something like that. The jazz beat guy i heard on the radio yesterday was talking about it. So there were some bad vibes for sure.

At a press conference right before this nice jazz streak hardy was extremely pissed. saying something like, these guys dont respect the uniform or dont want to be part of the jazz..... something like that. The jazz beat guy i heard on the radio yesterday was talking about it. So there were some bad vibes for sure.
I know what you are referring to, and I wouldn't qualify that as bad vibes more so than just the team doing poorly and guys being down a bit. If you're on a loser it's a natural/human reaction to start playing for yourself more and it's right for the coach to call it out.

The stuff coming out of LA/Lebron is very different. The stuff with Draymond is very different.

You're right in that is still "bad vibes" but it's a different kind of thing to me if that makes sense.

I know what you are referring to, and I wouldn't qualify that as bad vibes more so than just the team doing poorly and guys being down a bit. If you're on a loser it's a natural/human reaction to start playing for yourself more and it's right for the coach to call it out.

The stuff coming out of LA/Lebron is very different. The stuff with Draymond is very different.

You're right in that is still "bad vibes" but it's a different kind of thing to me if that makes sense.
Ya that makes sense. Good explanation

Unless Danny pulls the plug I'm fairly convinced we make the play in. The guys he would move are playing better but I'm not sure it will cross the line to where we can get a first for any of them and it may lead to us essentially standing pat at the deadline. I would stay in on the Dejounte Murray convo I would hear out GS on some KO or JC offers... but it would be tough for him to do a JC for expirings and seconds now that he's playing better (still has his rough nights but the JC roller coaster is going up more than down these days). I would call Detroit everyday as they are going to make a mistake. Gotta be opportunistic and focused on the long term but going to be a lot of pitchforks out if he does something like he did with Mike and it only gets a couple seconds... and long term it might be the right thing to do.

I think the Jazz should be better than Houston. They're still a hodge podge.

Edit: Okay, I just noticed that Houston is just a half game ahead of us. The real question is whether we can catch Phoenix.

I think the Jazz should be better than Houston. They're still a hodge podge.

Edit: Okay, I just noticed that Houston is just a half game ahead of us. The real question is whether we can catch Phoenix.
I wonder if they ever deal Jalen Green for an upgrade. I would be looking to get off him while someone still saw the upside in him.

My Warriors-fan brother has officially given up on the season (the team, really) and is ready to tank (although barring a Curry injury, aren't they too good to tank properly anyway?).

My Warriors-fan brother has officially given up on the season (the team, really) and is ready to tank (although barring a Curry injury, aren't they too good to tank properly anyway?).
I dont think the Warriors even own their pick.

They owe a top 4 protected pick this year. Tank would be tough. They will make a move of some sort but may want to see how Dray is rolling when he gets back first.

We are good at home and are now playing well. Simultaneously this is the portion of the season when there is some disinterest and injuries are rampant. Having a deep team gives us more of an advantage... being a bunch of try hards means you can't just coast. We may hit a wall too but effort and high quality all through the rotation becomes more of an advantage right now.

Between that an a huge home court advantage and a home heavy schedule... I will go ahead and say we finish 8th/9th in the west unless DA moves KO or JC or both. May be able to still endure moving one of those guys and still make the play in.