What's new

Playoff Race Thread

After the Lakers finish getting blown out by Phoenix this evening, they'll be tied recordwise with the Jazz. That makes this weekend's matchup in SLC more interesting. Would be cool if we could beat the Raptors and Lakers back to back.
Lebron scored just 10 pts, AD 11 pts. There’s some drama going on there.

If it's between Clarkson and KO then you gotta keep Clarkson. (Maybe you meant Collins when you said JC though?)
At the bigs we have Lauri, Kessler, and Collins and I would like to see Hendrix play someday. We are pretty deep there.
If Clarkson is gone then we have ochai and ........ That's about it and ochai isn't very good yet. Super thin there.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk
Is THT dead to you?

Is THT dead to you?
No value as far as trading him goes.
as far as playing him if we were to trade clarkson, I like shooting guards who can shoot.

Figure Key and Sexton could up their minutes. Ochai too. I think there are options either way we go.

Depends on what’s out there in trade.
I consider both those guys pg's more than shooting guards.

Some crazy/funny stats:
  • We are ranked 11th, but simultaneously as far away from the 14th place Blazers than we are from the #1 seed (8 games to both directions)
  • If we win the Raptors tonight, we will tie the longest active winning streak in the NBA
  • Last year after our 10-3 start we didnt have a single 3 win streak for the entire rest of the season. We have had 3 separate 3 win streaks in last 3 calendar weeks.
  • Last time we lost 2+ games in a row was a month ago, and we have played 16 games without losing consecutive ones.
And we have played less home games than almost anyone and play next 5 at Delta Center to build on our current hot streak.

I consider both those guys pg's more than shooting guards.
I think Sexton is more a SG on offense and on defense just the weakest guard assignment. I think Key is both. Also I am not a fan of keeping THT but he is shooting 3s better than Clarkson or Key.

It really depends on the return for KO or Clarkson who I would trade. Getting rid of either for nothing hurts us a decent amount.

I think Sexton is more a SG on offense and on defense just the weakest guard assignment. I think Key is both. Also I am not a fan of keeping THT but he is shooting 3s better than Clarkson or Key.

It really depends on the return for KO or Clarkson who I would trade. Getting rid of either for nothing hurts us a decent amount.
Ya we just disagree about those players (other than tht shooting threes better than clarkson. In regards to that if we use the larger samples of their careers then clarkson is the better shooter by miles. tht is 29% lol)
Sexton is too small to be a shooting guard for me (Im sure his size is fine for shooting guard for other people though). I think key is more pg than shooting guard. I mean i guess literally any player like these guys could be both. Clarkson could be a point guard too i guess. Tatum could play point guard. Chris paul could play shooting guard. Kyrie could play shooting guard. Steph could play shooting guard. I think Key and Sexton (and THT) SHOULD play the point guard spot ideally though. Simone could also play the shooting guard spot but I think he SHOULD play small forward. I see ochai and clarkson as our only shooting guards (maybe Brice)

Ya we just disagree about those players (other than tht shooting threes better than clarkson. In regards to that if we use the larger samples of their careers then clarkson is the better shooter by miles. tht is 29% lol)
Sexton is too small to be a shooting guard for me (Im sure his size is fine for shooting guard for other people though). I think key is more pg than shooting guard. I mean i guess literally any player like these guys could be both. Clarkson could be a point guard too i guess. Tatum could play point guard. Chris paul could play shooting guard. Kyrie could play shooting guard. Steph could play shooting guard. I think Key and Sexton (and THT) SHOULD play the point guard spot ideally though. Simone could also play the shooting guard spot but I think he SHOULD play small forward. I see ochai and clarkson as our only shooting guards (maybe Brice)
So we are playing Sexton out of position? He would be better if we switched him to PG? I agree he's too small at SG and that's part of the problem with him starting long term for us.

I like Key at PG as well but he player SG in college and plays both. Long term I like him at PG though.

So we are playing Sexton out of position? He would be better if we switched him to PG? I agree he's too small at SG and that's part of the problem with him starting long term for us.

I like Key at PG as well but he player SG in college and plays both. Long term I like him at PG though.
Exactly. We are starting sexton at shooting guard because of how thin we are. Not many teams would choose dunn and sexton as their starting backcourt. To the jazz credit, they are making it work.

Another thing in the KO vs Clarkson discussion. How many minutes per game does KO play? How many does clarkson play? Clarkson is a huge part of the rotation to lose. Way more minutes to distribute. KO not so much.

This is the best thread cy has ever made

I always love the jazz and play attention to the jazz but for the rest of the NBA I need added incentive to care.

I love rooting for other teams in the West to lose in order to help out playoff chances/seeding so this makes me care about other games way more now.
If anyone hears about injuries to players on teams competing for playoff position with us then make sure to post it in here. Any game updates/results of teams in the race against us should be put in here as well.

I also love rooting for teams to lose when we own their draft pick. Looking forward to doing that next season again

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Exactly. We are starting sexton at shooting guard because of how thin we are. Not many teams would choose dunn and sexton as their starting backcourt. To the jazz credit, they are making it work.

Another thing in the KO vs Clarkson discussion. How many minutes per game does KO play? How many does clarkson play? Clarkson is a huge part of the rotation to lose. Way more minutes to distribute. KO not so much.
Good points. I still mostly look at the return. I would assume keep both if we don't get something good. Clarkson is hot right now so I lean towards keeping him more, plus his contract. But things change quick.

It's wild, and the fact that it never happens in the league could also be taken to mean that the Jazz 3 game streak is a giant fluke.

I don't care though. A W is a W.
I think we outplayed 2 of those 3 teams in a way where double digit win was the correct result. But as you said, W is W.

Having a good season this year will really help us secure Lauri long term in the summer. Then we get either Flagg or Boozer's son to Utah to complete the rebuild.
Mark my words: Cooper Flagg will have the most underwhelming one-and-done season in living memory.

He's done nothing but beat up on undersized high school kids.