What's new

Point Guard Contingency Plan - Summer of 2017

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
I posted this in another thread but Hill's camp reportedly think he could be getting a Max deal worth $132m over 4 years in the offseason.

I don't know about you guys but there's no way I'm paying somebody who's 31 years old, who isn't an All Star that much money.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/30489/how-much-is-george-hill-worth-to-the-jazz

The $88.3 million the Jazz could have given Hill to get him to commit through the 2019-20 season -- a raise of the $13.6 million they have in available cap space this season and a three-year extension worth another $74.7 million -- is almost twice as much money as the nine-year veteran has made in his career so far. But it’s not nearly as much as the $132 million over four years sources say his camp thinks he might be able to command this summer.

So let's come together and find a contingency plan for if Hill decides to sign elsewhere because I'm sure that's what Dennis Lindsey is busy working on RIGHT NOW.

List of Potential Free Agents

Jeff Teague - potentially gettable

Kyle Lowry - he's not leaving TOR right?

Jrue Holiday - another potential but NY I'd heard are throwing a whole heap of cash his way

Chris Paul - he ain't leaving LAC right?

Darren Collison - I think he's gettable. I think he's also a serviceable PG who can shoot could be a good fit

Ty Lawson - we wanted him before right? He's gettable

Derrick Rose - I don't think is a good fit as he can't shoot the 3pt shot

Patty Mills - Meh

Shaun Livingston - Meh

I posted this in another thread but Hill's camp reportedly think he could be getting a Max deal worth $132m over 4 years in the offseason.

I don't know about you guys but there's no way I'm paying somebody who's 31 years old, who isn't an All Star that much money.

https://www.espn.com/blog/nba/post/_/id/30489/how-much-is-george-hill-worth-to-the-jazz

So let's come together and find a contingency plan for if Hill decides to sign elsewhere because I'm sure that's what Dennis Lindsey is busy working on RIGHT NOW.

Jrue Holiday - another potential but NY I'd heard are throwing a whole heap of cash his way

Darren Collison - I think he's gettable. I think he's also a serviceable PG who can shoot could be a good fit

Patty Mills - Meh

Shaun Livingston - Meh

You will always be hero for me thank you. And I agree your thoughts. thank you.

Patty Mills - Meh

Shaun Livingston - Meh
Will Dwill be available?

D-Will and Exum getting better is likely Plan B.

Sadly CP3 isn't gonna be an option. it's a fait accompli he'll resign with the Clips for around $200MM. Reddick is also supposed to be a lock to re-sign, word was teams were so convinced JJ would re-sign there that they weren''t interested in trading for him

If Hill leaves I don't think we have the cap space to chase another better player. We'd likely have to moves some guys and renounce Ingles rights.

It's Hill or cheap options imo 10M and under.

Sadly CP3 isn't gonna be an option. it's a fait accompli he'll resign with the Clips for around $200MM. Reddick is also supposed to be a lock to re-sign, word was teams were so convinced JJ would re-sign there that they weren''t interested in trading for him

I heard redick is either staying or going to the spurs. But the same person who said that predicted the spurs sign George hill too.

Patty Mills is better than Meh IMO. He'll light it up and is a good fit in what was once the Trey Burke role.. Last time he was on the market I vouched for him too.

Might want to swap out Neto for a bigger G in that scenario tho.

Jeff Teague would do yeoman's work... no doubt in my mind would he be a valuable peice in quelling the panic from Jazzfanz if players walk.

Jrue makes tons of sense and is the only PG on that list born in the 90's

There's also options in the draft. This is a LOADED draft for PG's. I really like JalenBrunson he's diminutive but super smart and sharp and very much not like Trey Burke,and I thinkhe could handle 15+minutes..

There's also possibly theidea of trading up for a bigtime PG.. but that is going to take a lot of luck..

I really like Andrew Jones, not to step in right away but to be groomed...

Also Utah Native Frank Jackson should be mentioned, his skillset is kind of George Hill-y..

Monte Morris in the 2ndrd could be an interesting option to try as a rookie too. He's super efficient and doesn;t turn the ballover.

I love Hill's game, but $132 mill/4 years? Heck to the no.

On the plus side I think that's what his agent's going to find out is the reaction from every other team as well. So I think we still have a reasonable shot at signing him to something more reasonable. Like maybe $20 mill/year or thereabouts.

4 years 132 mil.. This is called "Getting Carmelo'd".. I recall ppl taking umbrage with me calling the trade for him high-risk..

giphy.gif

dayum.. thats insane... if true the Jazz made a grave miscalculation..

It's impossible for me to imagine him boosting his value that high anywhere else.. Meaning they'd have been better off letting him play somewhere else this season and signing him for less in the summer.. right??

Does nobody like Darren Collison?

No team's going to be fighting for him so we can really do our homework and grab him early. He could be had for relatively cheaply if we guarantee him starting minutes. He's been stuck in that Kings team for ages so I think he's still yet to realize his potential - he's only 29 years old. He can pass and shoot, is a willing defensive player. If Hayward's going to be doing a lot of ball handling anyway isn't that really what we need?

He's also the perfect backup PG if Exum somehow starts to figure it out in the next 2-3 years.

Dante is starting to attack regularly and with authority.I thought having him shoot so many 3pters has held him back.He obviously feels better taking it to the rack then taking the open jump shots.Letting him go get his own shots has shown how good he can be. This might piss some guys off but having Dante and Burks backing him up might not be so bad next year if Jazz lose GHill.