What's new

Poll: Should the Lindsey/Vanik experiment come to an end?

Should the Lindsey/Zanik experiment come to an end?

• No. Just a few more tweaks and we'll be a contender.

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • Yes. They shouldn't be let near the next rebuild.

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
Except when Mike had to be acquired no matter what, in detriment of who had been very loyal Jazz players.
The exception that proves the rule. They also have to look at what keeps selling tickets and if they didn't do something that was at risk. Money trumps all in the end.

his point stands. "trying" to compete and "trying" to sell tickets are both considered "trying". may look similar on paper. but two complete different things.

the summer 2018 bucks kept their core of Giannis, middleton, bledsoe and brogdon. then brought in Brook lopez and connaughton and spent a total of about 6mil in FA. made zero radical changes to their roster. then went from 8th seed in the east to front runner almost instantly.

of course mike's ten times the coach that kidd is. but the point being, the whole concept of "trying to bring the team into championship contention" doesn't necessarily require radical changes to your roster. a few tweaks may be enough to get it done. and vice versa.

this is especially true for a team that's managed to win 48+ regular season games and had already advanced to the second round in the playoffs the last two seasons. just imagine having JC on our roster last season. or brook lopez instead of niang. the series against Hou would look a whole lot different.

all we really needed were a few minor net value additions through draft/FA(get a few solid rotational pieces like i've always mentioned instead of chasing after those big money/big name stars).

instead, we pushed from one extreme to another, made huge additions followed by massive subtractions. make the biggest buzz possible to draw attention so they can sell more tickets, as opposed to going complete quiet/passive and made zero meaningful FO signing/addition the summer before.

both resulted in a total of zero net value gain, except this time we jeopardized all the great values/chemistry that made us a good team in the first place.

neither approach were the right way of "trying" to build your team for a championship
Dude, if you don't want to read my post and understand what I'm saying, quit responding. You don't like what they did and it didn't work. That doesn't mean they only care about making the playoffs.

Dude, if you don't want to read my post and understand what I'm saying, quit responding. You don't like what they did and it didn't work. That doesn't mean they only care about making the playoffs.
the burden of proof is on the FO to show the fans that they care more than just making the playoffs. and from what we've seen so far, going from that ingles extension to the recent conley drama, it is clear that they have failed to meet that burden. you think fans should simply take their words for it? or cuz some guy named sgijazzfan from JFZ said "but hey, the FO tried even though they've failed"

fans wanna see the result and they've failed to produce. and that is that. not sure what more you can say.

professional sports are result-based. no franchise's FO is just gonna tell everyone in a public announcement "hey, we just wanna sell tickets here, folks". it is on them to show the fans what they've truly wanted to do.

"trying" is simply not good enough. so as OP's already said it, DL had his shot. enough is enough. it's time to give it to someone else.

Last edited:
I'm ready to end the experiment. Let's call it how it is: he wasted both Rudy in his prime and Donovan on his rookie contract. The best he could do was a 5th seed.

Instead of addressing our need of an athletic 3 and D stretch 4, he's obtained the likes of Niang, Jeff Green, Ed freaking Davis, and Bradley to makeup our front court.

We aren't athletic, long, or tough enough. The roster as currently constructed isn't good enough to contend in the West.
Right because it’s so easy to address both offense and defense at the same time while adding big contracts, by which most were singing Zanik’s praises.
He's an average GM that's had some draft luck.
LMFAO. I really hope this luck thing is a joke.
Bojan is not a true starter but a role player or a 6th man at best, Mike sucks, Niang shouldn't be in the NBA. Bradley just isn't good enough for a back up center duty in the NBA. DL and Zanik just jerked off at the trade deadline because Davis their other mistake wasn't traded. These bone heads need to get fired. Gail please take action, I feel for Quin so keep him but fire DL and Zanik salvage your franchise now before it's too late!
Jazzfanz is really starting to hit new levels of dumb. Yes, Bogey would look good on the bench as a 6th man. You potentially calling him a role player shows just how stupid you are. The dude is averaging 20+ a game and proven to be one of the best clutch players this year. Of course he’s starter worthy
then he also gets Trey Burke and prioritized getting Burke over Rudy because he used the 14 & 21
Most here loved the Burke pick, and trade for him. Most final mocks had him in the top 5 picks. And was considered a higher profile prospect by 100% of the nba, so it wouldn’t have made any sense for the jazz to put a higher priority on Gobert over Burk. All of you idiots would’ve raged if the jazz made that same trade just to pick up Gobert because 0% of us thought Gobert would be the player he is today. Context matters

Right because it’s so easy to address both offense and defense at the same time while adding big contracts, by which most were singing Zanik’s praises.

Jazzfanz is really starting to hit new levels of dumb. Yes, Bogey would look good on the bench as a 6th man. You potentially calling him a role player shows just how stupid you are. The dude is averaging 20+ a game and proven to be one of the best clutch players this year. Of course he’s starter worthy

Most here loved the Burke pick, and trade for him. Most final mocks had him in the top 5 picks. And was considered a higher profile prospect by 100% of the nba, so it wouldn’t have made any sense for the jazz to put a higher priority on Gobert over Burk. All of you idiots would’ve raged if the jazz made that same trade just to pick up Gobert because 0% of us thought Gobert would be the player he is today. Context matters

A starter should be able to do more than just catch and shoot, can he pass? no ! can he slash ?no! but he does turn it over and flops for calls but refs don't buy it. Your points become more valid if they are backed up by logic evidence not by an ignorant opinion or view that shows your lack of knowledge of the game of basketball and your low level of maturity with the name calling...

A starter can play limited minutes we play Bogey too many minutes...

Spot on about bogie. But I don't think that many people were very happy with the Burke pick, and especially not moving up to get him.

Spot on about bogie. But I don't think that many people were very happy with the Burke pick, and especially not moving up to get him.
Wrong, this board nearly exploded the whole internet with pure bursting joy when Burke was selected.

I’m sure there were a few detractors including me but most were very happy about the move.
Wrong, this board nearly exploded the whole internet with pure bursting joy when Burke was selected.
Yep. I remember jazzfanz being lit with joy and excitement, I had wanted CJ, and wasn’t happy, but quickly became that team fan in hoping he’d be good.

Maybe it was only me then. I remember a lot of people talking about moving up for an undersized PG being a mistake.

Maybe it was only me then. I remember a lot of people talking about moving up for an undersized PG being a mistake.
I was one who HATED the Burke pick when it happened.
I wanted McCollum

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app