What's new

Portland looking to move up

Rumors are out there that Boston is going to offer LaMarcus and Wes together as a package deal. What if Portland decides to blow it up if they lose LMA? They let everyone walk, trade Batum for a pick (by the way, Batum is better than anyone available at #12. I love how much people completely, irrationally, overrate draft picks). They could go into next year with Lilliard, CJ and Meyers Leonard. That isn't a bad core to build around. They would suck next year, but if they were able to get #12 from this year, then add a top 5 pick next year, they could be really, really good quickly.

Crazy how fast things can change now in the NBA.

There is a chance that we can win our division next year, depending on what happens with Durrant's injury. If he isn't 100%, are we the best team in our division?
The draft pick is irrelevant in this conversation. We don't need Batum on this roster. Getting him does nothing for this team. Burks and Hood were later draft picks than we now have and I'd not trade either of them for Batum. So I see you as seriously underrating the potential of that draft pick.
Porland would do this trade and they should. Why in the hell would the Jazz not hang up laughing?

You'd trade Burks before the #12!!!!?????

I am amazed at how overvalued draft picks are. It's crazy. Odds are, the 12 pick will SUCK. If you can get an NBA player for #12, you do it.

If Portland offers Batum for #12, you take it. And you don't offer Burks.
No you don't take it. Batum does nothing but ride pine with our roster. He has less value for our team than most teams out there. He'd be at best 4th in our rotation and I think I'd rather see Ingles play over him as well. That makes him 5th on our roster for a whole **** load of money.

I love how you keep putting words in my mouth.

Please show me where I said you should dump the #12 or the #15 just to dump it.

You guys keep putting words in my mouth and jumping to conclusions.

Fair enough, I'll try and stick strictly to the exact things you say. My responses have been directed to your repeated claims that draft picks are overrated, and that the 12 pick sucks.
I've said if someone offers you Barnes, or Batum, or Garnett for the #12 or the #15 pick, you trade it.

Once again, the centerpiece of the KG trade was Al Jefferson, who Boston DRAFTED and then developed before trading him at the optimal time. Using Boston as an example goes against your claim of draft picks being overrated. If Boston had traded that pick instead of drafting Al, it would have brought back minimal value compared to keeping it.

Dunno what some of you are seeing in Batum. Maybe you're afraid of him nut checking you?

He's really not very good. An she's paid a ton. No thanks

Use the 12th pick to pick up a big. I like Big Frank