Post Your Jazz Rotation

THT (28) / Dunn (10)
Clarkson (26) / Sexton (24)
Ochai (24) / Keyonte (20)
Lauri (34) / KO (20)
Giga-Chad (28) / Collins (26)

Dunn/Sexton sub together for THT/Clarkson

Collins/KO sub together for Ochai/Giga-Chad

Sub in Keyonte after Dunn is done with his short 5 minute per half stint.

Rotate spot minutes here and there between Sensabaugh/Hendricks/Fonteccio

Rotation becomes much easier when you deal Sexton.

This is pretty good. The numbers haven't been good for Collins at the 5, but I guess doesn't have to guard the 5 in those lineups.

I'm still hoping that Sexton figures out a way to make sense for this team, but after bringing Clarkson back it's hard to see it. I do really love his attitude and how hard he plays and so I'd like to give him until the trade deadline to see if it can work out somehow.

I don't want to do a full outline of what I'd do... but a few of the principles/allocations.

- I'd start Sexton with JC as I think that is the best balance between a few things I want to prioritize. I want Sexton to get 28-30 minutes to push up his trade value (more status, more minutes, might just show he can handle playing more like a pg). I want to make sure we get Key 12-20 minutes. Not sure Key and Sexton will be a lovely bench unit... would like to sneak Dunn in there with him.
- I'd want John Collins off the bench ideally as I think KO really helps with the starting group and the small ball lineup is easier to get to if Collins comes off the bench. Make him a nominal starter and then pull the plug 4-6 minutes into the 1st.
- Taylor needs 10 minutes a night... just has to happen. Play with JC as the backup 5 or KO gets all those minutes... whatever has to happen just make it so.
- Ochai fills in gaps in SG/SF minutes but unless he really shows something... he is on the side burner a bit. Anywhere from 12-20 minutes is what I'd be targeting. Midseason a JC or Sexton trade opens up a bunch of minutes for him.

I didn't love the Collins addition... and assuming Key and Taylor look solid I'd be looking to move Collins and Clarkson or Sexton. So I'm not doing anything that dents the trade value there. If they look really green then don't force trade to happen.

The thought process makes sense. I definitely hadn't been thinking through trade value, but I would agree on looking to move Sexton or Clarkson and Collins at the deadline. I keep trying to figure out the Collins acquisition as well and it keeps making the most sense to me as a flip.

The thought process makes sense. I definitely hadn't been thinking through trade value, but I would agree on looking to move Sexton or Clarkson and Collins at the deadline. I keep trying to figure out the Collins acquisition as well and it keeps making the most sense to me as a flip.
I know people freaked out about Grant's contract but I think a deal based around Grant and Collins would make some sense. Portland does it to have a younger player and a shorter contract.... we likely have to add a sweetener. I think Grant likely gets traded on that contract at least twice.

Even though KO's playmaking would be helpful in any of our potential starting lineups, for some reason I'm convinced they'll want to see a starting front court of Lauri-Collins-Kessler. I wish we had more playmaking in the backcourt to complement that trio, but right now we don't. We really need Keyonte to pop, and to turn Sexton and/or Clarkson and/or KO into another long-term piece with good feel for the game. There's a chance that Sexton really figures things out, but that's not where my money is at. There's a chance that Dunn forces his way into more minutes... (part of me thinks that'd be a good problem to have... but another part worries about how that would cut into Keyonte's development).

Here's what I'm suspecting (if not on Day 1, then soon after). I'm too lazy to figure out the numbers:

Sexton/THT/Dunn
Clarkson/Keyonte/Ochai
Lauri/Hendricks/Ochai
Collins/Lauri/KO/Hendricks
Kessler/KO/Collins

I know people freaked out about Grant's contract but I think a deal based around Grant and Collins would make some sense. Portland does it to have a younger player and a shorter contract.... we likely have to add a sweetener. I think Grant likely gets traded on that contract at least twice.

Grant would definitely make more sense for us. I also am confused on that signing by Portland since I believe they were hoping Dame would ask out.

Even though KO's playmaking would be helpful in any of our potential starting lineups, for some reason I'm convinced they'll want to see a starting front court of Lauri-Collins-Kessler. I wish we had more playmaking in the backcourt to complement that trio, but right now we don't. We really need Keyonte to pop, and to turn Sexton and/or Clarkson and/or KO into another long-term piece with good feel for the game. There's a chance that Sexton really figures things out, but that's not where my money is at. There's a chance that Dunn forces his way into more minutes... (part of me thinks that'd be a good problem to have... but another part worries about how that would cut into Keyonte's development).

Here's what I'm suspecting (if not on Day 1, then soon after). I'm too lazy to figure out the numbers:

Sexton/THT/Dunn
Clarkson/Keyonte/Ochai
Lauri/Hendricks/Ochai
Kessler/KO/Collins
Collins is starting for sure. I'd be shocked if he didn't.

Sexton/THT/Dunn
Clarkson/Keyonte/Ochai
Lauri/Hendricks/Ochai
Kessler/KO/Collins

I think that would be the starting lineup I would pick for a prediction on what will happen. I'm guessing Ochai is higher in the lineup than what you seem to think.

The Lauri, KO, Kessler lineup was really good last year. Whether KO starts or not, I would think that Hardy will try and get those 3 plenty of time on the court together.

C- Kessler 28min, Olynyk 20min
Pf- Collins 28min, Lauri 14min, Hendricks 6min
Sf- Lauri 20min, Ochai 20min, Hendricks 8min
Sg- Clarkson 26min, Sexton 8min, THT 6min, Key 8min
Pg-Sexton 20min, THT 20min, Key 8min

Maybe I’ve changed my mind. Go ahead and start the season and pump up some values. At the deadline, trade JC, JC, Sexton, THT, KO, Dunn and Ochai for any draft assets we can get. Then let the other guys cook.

Sexton 22 Key 16 Dunn 10
Clarkson 30 Ochai 10 Sexton 8
Lauri 23 Ochai 15 Hendricks 10
Collins 22 KO 14 Lauri 12
Kessler 30 KO 10 Collins 8

I think this thread turned more towards what we expect or what is realistic. But I'm trying to stick to "what I hope" perspective:

Starters:
THT/Dunn (25 mpg)
Sexton (28 mpg)
Lauri (33 mpg)
Collins (28 mpg)
Kessler (31 mpg)

Subs in order of minutes:
Clarkson (25 mpg)
KO & Ochai (20 mpg)
Key (15 mpg)
THT/Dunn & Hendricks & Brice (10 mpg)

I probably hand out too many minutes overall and didnt speculate on lineups. Its not necessarily realistic that JC returns to 6th man role but I want one of the starting guards to be defensively more capable than Sexton/JC and that pushes one of those 2 to the bench... and my preference is that Sexton starts.

The rookies will improve and earn more minutes as the season goes along.

It's pretty clear as you start doing the exercise that:

- It's difficult to put together many lineups with great passing and great defense.
- We have some gaps and redundancies that would best be taken care of with some trades
- One of Dunn, THT, or George will not be in the rotation
- Some players will need to play slightly out of their ideal position in order to get minutes

I'm worried about the Lauri, Collins, Kessler lineup. It feels like Collins will be getting in Lauri's way unless we park him in the corner which is the exact thing he didn't like about playing in Atlanta. I don't love the Collins and Lauri fit overall unless they are playing with a 5 that can shoot and ideally pass as well.