What's new

Post Your Jazz Rotation

Eh, give me an example of a bad defender who won DPOY. I believe that collin doing what you are suggesting is literally unprecedented where as I think there are probably quite a few examples of poor shooters becoming good shooters.
Hell, brook lopez isn't even that good of a shooter. He has never in his career even sniffed 40% and he is getting more open looks than most smaller dudes. Since he started shooting 3's he is hovering around 34% most years. Its not crazy to think that kessler could make 34% from three on wide open looks someday. We aint talking steph curry or ray allen here.
Why would I look up an example of a thing that I was being facetious about?

Why would I look up an example of a thing that I was being facetious about?
So we agree. What you suggested doesn't ever happen. What Herman suggested does happen. Cool cool

You know who else wasn't a shooter until he was? Brook Lopez.
Again, Kessler has made and attempted more 3 pointers in his rookie year than brook lopez did in his first 5 years combined.

In other words if, when lopez was early in his career, someone would have said that its possible that brook lopez could one day become a good shooter if he works at it and a team allows him to shoot from outside in a game then you would have thought them to be ridiculous. And would have been wrong.
This isn't some fantasy. It actually already happened before. Its not unprecedented

Brook was a good shooter before he shot 3's. Kessler shot 52% from the line and made 3 jumpers total in his rookie year. Brook made 131 jumpers and shot 79% from the line in his rookie year. They are not the same.

If that's what you want to define as hating, do you.

It doesnt piss me off. I just like to have (somewhat) rational discussion. Maybe that isnt your cup of tea and you just want a space to circle jerk and hype everything. I guess both can exist, but saying you live in "lala land" or that you should lay off the weed isnt me being "incredibly hostile".
Im trying hard not to turn toxic but your continuing failure to understand the point is difficult to overcome without dishing back some.

There is a big difference between hyping someone up (or making actual comps) and saying that we dont know Kessler's offensive upside.

Ive also repeated my point in literally every post.

The fact that you try your hardest to indicate I'm doing the former means one of three things:
  1. You try to but dont understand
  2. You dont even try to understand
  3. You understand but still choose to agitate
Which one is it?

I'm a believer that giving guys too many minutes can be bad for their development if they are not ready for them. I think it's best to start rookies out with about 10 minutes per game and adjust from there as they are ready. I don't think KO or JC are preventing George or Hendricks from getting 10 minutes per game, so I don't really see it as a problem for their development.

To some degree, they are. It think it's unlikely that both are in the rotation to start the year. Of course you could say that all they need to do is beat out Dunn/THT, but everyone ahead of them in the rotation is keeping them from minutes.

As far as too many minutes being bad for development....meh I'm mostly indifferent about that idea. There are some players who have developed bad habits in minutes they maybe didn't deserve, but I think that's a problem with the coaching and not necessarily the minutes. I think far more players have had stunted development because of a lack of opportunity. But like I said, these guys are 19 years old and not 22, so I'm not too pressed about it either way. I think those who are not concerned about winning are speaking some truth though. It would take a strong season (and maybe some luck) to even get into the play in game. And the reward for that is likely getting blasted early in the playoffs and losing our pick. So while there's some room for debate about the right amount of minutes for the young guys, I don't think maximizing wins should even be a strong consideration for the team at this time.

Yes, it's a 0% chance vs 1% chance.

I feel like I'm in that scene from Dumb & Dumber right now.
You think there has only been 1 example of a bad shooter becoming a good one? Well you are wrong again.

Im trying hard not to turn toxic but your continuing failure to understand the point is difficult to overcome without dishing back some.

There is a big difference between hyping someone up (or making actual comps) and saying that we dont know Kessler's offensive upside.

Ive also repeated my point in literally every post.

The fact that you try your hardest to indicate I'm doing the former means one of three things:
  1. You try to but dont understand
  2. You dont even try to understand
  3. You understand but still choose to agitate
Which one is it?
I get your point. I'm just saying your point is living in Lala Land high off medical grade reefer and I'm living in stone cold sober reality.

I envy you that can look at the class 9/10ths full instead of 1/10ths empty when it comes to Walker Kessler's future shooting prospects. Stay gold Ponyboy.

Brook was a good shooter before he shot 3's. Kessler shot 52% from the line and made 3 jumpers total in his rookie year. Brook made 131 jumpers and shot 79% from the line in his rookie year. They are not the same.
Thats what im talking about. Some data!!!! I love when people provide data in a disagreement with me. By far the easiest way to win me over your side of the disagreement. Cy brought up the free throw shooting before and it was a great point. This is even better.
Much better than collin being dpoy or dumb and dumber references.

Thank you.

I get your point. I'm just saying your point is living in Lala Land high off medical grade reefer and I'm living in stone cold sober reality.

I envy you that can look at the class 9/10ths full instead of 1/10ths empty when it comes to Walker Kessler's future shooting prospects. Stay gold Ponyboy.
Your attempts to save face are cute, but again in this post you proved that you didnt understand it.

Im sure being rude, patronizing and flaming make you feel better but they dont influence the opinions of others just highlight what you are.

Your attempts to save face are cute, but again in this post you proved that you didnt understand it.

Im sure being rude, patronizing and flaming make you feel better but they dont influence the opinions of others just highlight what you are.
Man you are softer than Charmin.

What if our rooks don't break the rotation? Simone is balling out at the moment. I can see front court Lauri, Kessler, KO, Collins, Luka, Omar, and Simone and backcourt JC, Colin, Dunn, THT and Ochai. That's 12. Do the tryos go play for Stars to get seasoning?