What's new

Post Your Jazz Rotation

He's talking likelihood, you are talking possibilities. There have been very few 7'ers with Kessler's skillset who became reliable 3-pt shooters. I would bet against it for Kessler, but it is not impossible. We all see what we want.
I'm not seeing anything. I'm just opposed to labeling a guy based on his rookie year where he wasnt allowed to do much of anything offensively as Hardy wanted him to focus on defense.

He's talking likelihood, you are talking possibilities. There have been very few 7'ers with Kessler's skillset who became reliable 3-pt shooters. I would bet against it for Kessler, but it is not impossible. We all see what we want.
Eh, if he would have posted "I think its unlikely that kessler becomes as good a shooter as lopez" then no one even comments on that statement.
He got a much different reaction to his post because he posted: "lmao how the **** is Kessler going to become Brook Lopez?" And again, Brook lopez didn't even attempt a three point shot in his first 5 seasons in the nba. Lmao indeed.

And I wouldn't sit here and say "what if THT becomes Klay Thompson"
Nah you just say he is the best point guard we have and it doesn't seem like you even think its close, and THT is "him"
Usually when someone is called "him" it means something like the GOAT or close to it. I dont think THT has reached GOAT status (I think stockton was better than THT for example) so I will have to agree to disagree on that.

I do think the free throw % thing you brought up is a valid/good point though.

Nah you just say he is the best point guard we have and it doesn't seem like you even think its close, and THT is "him"
Usually when someone is called "him" it means something like the GOAT or close to it. I dont think THT has reached GOAT status (I think stockton was better than THT for example) so I will have to agree to disagree on that.

I do think the free throw % thing you brought up is a valid/good point though.
THT being the best PG among a group of mediocre PG's is really close to saying a complete non-shooter might become one of the better stationary shooting big men in the NBA. (that's sarcasm btw)

And please don't take "Him" too seriously. I just like THT and think he's good. I dont think he's going to transform himself into something completely different like Lala Land "Maybe Walker will develop in KO playmaking or Lopez shooting"

Look, I know I was lower on Walker out the gate than most so now I'm forever stuck with the "Walker Hater" label, but come the **** on.

THT being the best PG among a group of mediocre PG's is really close to saying a complete non-shooter might become one of the better stationary shooting big men in the NBA. (that's sarcasm btw)

And please don't take "Him" too seriously. I just like THT and think he's good. I dont think he's going to transform himself into something completely different like Lala Land "Maybe Walker will develop in KO playmaking or Lopez shooting"

Look, I know I was lower on Walker out the gate than most so now I'm forever stuck with the "Walker Hater" label, but come the **** on.
Fwiw KO averages 2.2 assists per game for his career. His all time career high is 4.1 per game. Not super unachievable imo. And in Kesslers rookie year he attempted and made more 3 pointers than Lopez did in his first 5 years combined.

Problem is you still keep hating him. Setting all kinds of ceilings and trying to box him.

Im not even claiming he will be any of that. Just saying that we dont know, and that pissed you off for whatever reason.

Kessler. Collins
Hendricks. KO
Lauri. Brice Hendricks. THT
Agbaji. Sexton
George Sexton

Trade Clarkson.

I know this won’t happen but the jazz should not have the goal to win games, but to lose a lot while trying to win. Right now they should be in development mode. If one or more rookies don’t look ready for minutes the first few weeks, send them down to the G League for a couple months and steal our pick back

If we make the playoffs it will be as a 6-8 seed, so what’s the point. Continue to build a contender. I feel like we are a couple players away. Some of those may be filled by a rook or two and we need to find out as soon as possible

Problem is you still keep hating him. Setting all kinds of ceilings and trying to box him.

Im not even claiming he will be any of that. Just saying that we dont know, and that pissed you off for whatever reason.
If that's what you want to define as hating, do you.

It doesnt piss me off. I just like to have (somewhat) rational discussion. Maybe that isnt your cup of tea and you just want a space to circle jerk and hype everything. I guess both can exist, but saying you live in "lala land" or that you should lay off the weed isnt me being "incredibly hostile".

You can "we dont know" about literally anything regarding basketball players.

Maybe Collin Sexton will be the DPOY next year. I mean we dont know that he wont be. He hasnt not been the DPOY for the 2023-2024 season yet, so it's possible. He's only 24 years old.

Kessler is not a shooter. Comparing him to Brook Lopez as a shooter is ridiculous.
You know who else wasn't a shooter until he was? Brook Lopez.
Again, Kessler has made and attempted more 3 pointers in his rookie year than brook lopez did in his first 5 years combined.

In other words if, when lopez was early in his career, someone would have said that its possible that brook lopez could one day become a good shooter if he works at it and a team allows him to shoot from outside in a game then you would have thought them to be ridiculous. And would have been wrong.
This isn't some fantasy. It actually already happened before. Its not unprecedented

You can "we dont know" about literally anything regarding basketball players.

Maybe Collin Sexton will be the DPOY next year. I mean we dont know that he wont be. He hasnt not been the DPOY for the 2023-2024 season yet, so it's possible. He's only 24 years old.
I feel like Collin has been in the league longer than kessler. Could be wrong though.
Maybe you can provide an example of a player that was no where near a good defender early in his career who later became DPOY. I have seen non shooters become good shooters. Lopez is a good example of that.

I feel like Collin has been in the league longer than kessler. Could be wrong though.
Maybe you can provide an example of a player that was no where near a good defender early in his career who later became DPOY. I have seen non shooters become good shooters. Lopez is a good example of that.
Got it, when you're 22 years old anything is possible and when you're 24 it's ok to start being realistic about expectations.

Got it, when you're 22 years old anything is possible and when you're 24 it's ok to start being realistic about expectations.
Eh, give me an example of a bad defender who won DPOY. I believe that collin doing what you are suggesting is literally unprecedented where as I think there are probably quite a few examples of poor shooters becoming good shooters.
Hell, brook lopez isn't even that good of a shooter. He has never in his career even sniffed 40% and he is getting more open looks than most smaller dudes. Since he started shooting 3's he is hovering around 34% most years. Its not crazy to think that kessler could make 34% from three on wide open looks someday. We aint talking steph curry or ray allen here.