What's new

Potential Trade Targets

I'd rather trade Hendricks than trade Simone. Think over the next 3 years Simone is going to contribute a lot more to the team.

I have seen no evidence whatsoever that the Jazz are going to tank to retain their 2024 pick. In fact, every piece of info we have signals that they want to extinguish their obligation this year.

I think the several veteran players being floated around trade rumors suggests they aren't exactly trying to make the play in either. If they wanted to extinguish the obligation, they would not be wanting to trade KO, JC, Simone etc for future pieces.
So when I spoke with Andy Larsen, my close personal friend, we were shooting the breeze for a minute while we were waiting for everyone to get on… I mentioned my frustration with just not understanding the direction they were trying to go… he laughed and said he doesn’t think they really know which direction they are headed.

So I really think anyone thinking they have some rigid agenda would be surprised. I think they are kinda rolling with things and don’t have any hard and fast direction they will shift stuff.

If Ainge is considering to deal Tecc he better get a strong return. FRP + SRP + Jordan Walsh? Competent big wings that can hustle and shoot do not grow on trees.

Full disclosure I was a Walsh fan going back to his AAU days so might be jaded. Either TayHenny or Walsh could potentially/ eventually take over that role but Tecc would certainly be missed until they groom another guy.

With KO, Dunn, and Tecc being FA's this offseason and an extension due for Lauri they must make smart decisions on who to pay. They might need to make 1-2 decisions that won't be super popular.

In hindsight, if they had known how Simone and Dunn would blossom this season I highly doubt they would've tied up that $ in John Collins.

I would like to see us consolidate Clarkson, Olynyk, and Ochai into a single player that can playmake and handle the ball. Having a backup bigman as a primary distributor is awkward, as good as he is.

With Ochai I feel like we have a better now prospect in Tec and a better later prospect with Hendricks. If all we can get is crappy fake firsts and seconds, I am only interested in parting with Clarkson.

If Ainge is considering to deal Tecc he better get a strong return. FRP + SRP + Jordan Walsh? Competent big wings that can hustle and shoot do not grow on trees.

Full disclosure I was a Walsh fan going back to his AAU days so might be jaded. Either TayHenny or Walsh could potentially/ eventually take over that role but Tecc would certainly be missed until they groom another guy.

With KO, Dunn, and Tecc being FA's this offseason and an extension due for Lauri they must make smart decisions on who to pay. They might need to make 1-2 decisions that won't be super popular.

In hindsight, if they had known how Simone and Dunn would blossom this season I highly doubt they would've tied up that $ in John Collins.
Walsh and 30 is likely enough for me. I think you can make a run at Simone in FA. Boston starts the season next year at 193M which is over the second apron already. Very few places to cut too. So if Tech gets like $8-10M offer that gonna cost them like infinity luxury tax dollars. They aren't the wealthiest ownership group iirc.

I think Dunn is more important to hold on to than Tech but both should be valuable budget contracts for the next couple years. Guessing both would fall in the middle ground of BAE and MLE for us if we retained them. Both are great pieces to help things fit.

A couple pages back Cleveland was mentioned as being interested in Simone. Do they have anything? I thought we cleaned them out.

Granted we only have 1.5 years of Hardy, but the absolute refusal to prioritize Hendricks getting any kind of minutes is extremely strange to me, especially when he goes out of his way to get Keyonte as many developmental minutes as possible.

Say whatever the hell you want about me being a Hendricks hater, but it's pretty damn clear the coaching staff doesnt have a whole lot of belief in him being close to ready.

I also kind of doubt trading KO suddenly opens up minutes for Hendricks, but hopefully I'm wrong. I think you're more likely to get more Walker minutes along w/ more Ochai minutes while Hendricks sits in teh G.

My twitter isn’t loading for some reason what does this say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That the best Atlanta is likely to get for DJM is one FRP + expiring salary / good young player. Its Evan Sidery quoting Woj Pod.